hit tracker

[Question/Stuck] Upgrading system version

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by Kevin Aussems, Apr 4, 2018.

1. 8
    Kevin Aussems

Kevin Aussems Loyal Member

Hello,

I'm currently using an O3DS with firmware 9.2 Europe. I'd like to go to 11.2 (since this is the max that gateway supports at this moment) so i can play games like pokemon Moon & Sun. I'm stuck at this since i can't figure out how to do this. Could anyone please help me on this on link me a good guide ? since i've tried several YouTube videos but they didn't help me yet.

Thanks in advance !!

2. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi Kevin,

you can follow 3ds.guide skip 6 Section II Updating the System
    If you finished that we will go on

3. 8
    Kevin Aussems

i'll try that now i'll come back to you later tonight or tomorrow

4. 8
    Kevin Aussems

I'm on 11.2E now thanks alot ! can i just follow the Gateway manual again to play my games now ?

5. 8
    Kevin Aussems

can't seem to install menuhax which would put me in gateway mode. If i just try to open my HBL then click on the Gateway app it just bring me to home menu and pressing "select" (my old button to open up the menu with the games) doesn't do anything. i'm a locked out of gateway mode now ?? :/

6. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi Kevin,

You are really good. You have installed b9shax completely? Have you seen the Luma configuration menu?

For gateway you need two payloads and a config. Have a look at another thread with all files you need.

Now with down pressing and power on your 3ds will boot gateway directly.

7. 8
    Kevin Aussems

First and foremost thank you for investing all this time in me. I've followed every step of your 3ds guide. So i'm guessing b9 has been installed completely and yes i've seen the luma config menu (where you gotta check "Show NAND or user string in System Settings").

Now the other thread you've linked me. I think you're referring to this part ?

Prepare Gatway with b9s:
    - Now put the content of 2_keepfiles into your 3ds sd-card that will stay inside of your 3ds.
    (Overwrite if files already exists)
    - Power up your 3ds and maybe you get into Luma-Settings again. choose only “Show NAND or user string in System Settings” and press Start

If your 3ds Starts well you are near done.

Start Gateway:
    - power off your 3ds
    - put the red card inside of your 3ds slot
    - Hold DOWN on the D-Pad (dont release it) Power on your 3ds and when you see the dragon you can release the D-Pad - or if the normal menu appear. IF no Dragon appear you will not be able to use the Select osd-Menu! Try again and report it to me

But what are these 2_keepfiles ??

8. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Yes this part is what i was ref to.
    Inside that 2_keepfiles are
    - homebrew launcher (boot.3dsx)
    - luma3ds (you have it already boot.firm)
    - newest Gateway firm (launcher.dat)

inside the luma folder are some payloader
    - BootCTR9 for bootselector that works with a9lh files
    - gateway.bin is the gateway a9lh loader (boots the launcher.dat from the sd-root)
    - v2gw.bin created to boot gateway.bin from an bootselector

and you need 3_forgotten_conf.zip in that zip is the config file for the bootctr9.
    something like dont bro me with a counter just start gateway.

Edit:
    AND ofcause inside that thread is written how to update to 11.2 but that have you already done as i read now ...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  9. 8
    Kevin Aussems

Amazing it works like a charm ! You're amazing :). Wish i could do something in return :)

10. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Your thanks is really enough.

As it seems you are in using gw very familiar here two maybe interesting facts.

With B9S and an unlinked emunand you can update your sysnand now to the latest firmware. You can play your bought games online. And with down you will still be able to enter gateway emunand 11.2 (my setup)

There is a firmware package in the wild with that you can update your emunand to an frankenfirm 11.6 with that gateway still is working.

11. 8
    Kevin Aussems

I see thanks for the info. So at this moment the only way to for example play pokemon ultra moon (firmware 11.4) is to buy the game am i right ?

12. 312
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Well you can buy it, that would be the right way, but you can install with Luma cia files with FBI or look for freeshop or borrow and dump it as cia but I can't help you with that. Sorry. But I'm sure you will find your way ;-)

And under sysnand you can be under 11.6 so no problem. Just be sure not to enter sysnand over 11. 2 with gateway.