hit tracker

[QUESTION] Why does it still prompt me to Update my system firmware on my n3DS XL?

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by RomStampedo, Aug 10, 2015.

1. 21
    RomStampedo

RomStampedo Loyal Member

On the system NAND, there are no connections to the Wi-Fi. And the sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked. But it still prompting me to update my sysNAND to the latest firmware on my 'new' 3DS XL. This happens every time I shut it down. My old 3DS XL doesn't do this, I don't understand why it's doing this on my n3ds.

I do NOT want to accidentally press A, update it and screw myself out of Gateway 3DS. Plus I have dumb friends who don't understand this kind of stuff and touch my things without asking. For example turn my handheld and press A without knowing and updating it.

Sometimes, I leave on my 3DS on sleep mode and forget to plug it in so thats another reason why my 3ds is turned off.

Solution anyone? To remove this prompt message to update that is.

Edit: I think I have a temporary solution. So I inserted my microSD into my computer. Opened the 'Nintendo 3DS" folder, and deleted the folder that my sysNAND created (a bunch of numbers and letters, basically the ID). How I found out? My emuNAND has installed games and the folder was bigger in size vs my sysNAND folder which has nothing installed. As of now, I dont see it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  2. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

I believe you can enter the console's safe mode and delete the update that was downloaded. You can also delete it from the SD card if you knew where it was exactly.

Unfortunately I don't remember either of them so I can't help. But I'm sure someone else will be able to tell you or you can try to search at GBATemp as well since I know I've seen stuff about it before there.

3. 21
    RomStampedo

RomStampedo Loyal Member

How do you enter Safe Mode?

4. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  5. 21
    RomStampedo

RomStampedo Loyal Member