hit tracker

reACT PSN v2.0 & NAND Systems

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by atreyu187, Jan 2, 2012.

1. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    http://www.underground-gamer.com/
    So has anyone gotten this to work with a PS3 that has NAND and not NOR flash? I have tested on a 60gb BC and a 80gb non-BC both are NAND systems and reACT PSN doesn't work. Now I do the exact same thing to my brothers 120gb slim with NOR flash and all PSN content works. I have looked and can't seem to find any info on a fix but was hoping one of the guys around here would have some idea as to at least why it isn't working with NAND but works 1005 on NOR flash.

2. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

Works fine on my NAND FAT running Rebug-TB.

3. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    Weird, as the EDAT's register as I see the number increase after aa becomes renamed but everything tells me to go to the PSN to activate on both of mine.

4. 161
    Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Loyal Member

I have NAND (BC PS3) and i'm using NFW v3 Cobra firmware. So I'll give it a shot and get back to you.

5. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    Should mention I am on Rebug TB ATM but I have Cobra as well I just haven't felt the need to try it out yet as I bought both at the same time. But hey if it works it works but it is weird as it works for the poster above and works fine on my brothers slim. I just want to activate Grandia and I will be happy.

6. 161
    Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Loyal Member

Well, if you can't get it to work you do have a Cobra so either way you could get it to work somehow. I'll try it later tonight or tomorrow. Although wasn't TB Rebug still having trouble?

7. 734
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

I've tried it on many FWs and so far it's a no go w/ my CECHA01

8. 114
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Loyal Member

Waiter
    Home Page:
    Ok here is what I have found out so far.

1 - PS3 iTA CFW v1.1 fixed this problem back in the day when we had PSN aaccess and could re-d/l our games as people were having this problem with PSOne games. They fixed it with a patch. Now could one examine V1 and v1.1 PUP extractions to maybe see what they did to "fix" this?

2 - Error Code 80028F17 is the error code we all seem to get when kicked back to the XMB. Well this is a PS2 game error but I don't even have a PS2 compatible PS3 but funny thing is Multiman shows the drive as a PS2 disc not PS3 though it is Rock Band 2 in my PS3. I tried erasing all saves and data and trying a new disc and no disc in the drive to no avail but MM still shows the drive as a PS2 drive.

3 - I have had partial luck with some games, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bandicoot 3 and Resident Evil 1 all work from reACT PSN and were EXEtrimALL cracked games as well. Now other games that aren't cracked at this point like Tekken 3, Castlevania SOTN and Grandia aren't working and give the 80028F17 PS2 game error and these files were taken from my personal backups when I had a 60gb model till it YLOD on me. I find it weird that some games work but only the ones that have been precracked. And yes I deleted all the data before trying so it isn't the fact I had the edat's and rap from the EXEtrimALL releases as I have been testing on a spare 250gb HDD to make sure I don't wonk up my 640gb HDD.

Anyone got any thoughts? Or capable of decompiling those PUP's or the patches as that is how they were distributed as patches not PUP's those were done by third parties and I don't trust them myself.