hit tracker

Rebug 4.65.2 PS2 problem

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by luke187, Jan 20, 2015.

1. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]After installing Rebug 4.65.3 Rex CFW none of my ps2 backup ISO games play in full screen. I have messed with the setting when you press the ps button for the screen and it will not go in to full screen on my tv. The picture is a square with several inches of blac screen around the picture. Has anyone else had this problem and to they know of a fix my ps3 is CBEH1000 its one of the fat ps3's made in 2007. My games played in full screen on the last rebug CFW. i also have cobra mode turned on ..W[/FONT]

2. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Did you check your PS/PS2 Upscaler setting in Game Setting option on XMB?

I usually check "Full Screen"
    and PS/PS2 - Smoothing.

[​IMG]

3. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

Yes i tried that and still no full screen for my ps2backups. PS# and PSP play in full screen just fine.

4. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I think it's depending on your TV,

I see your PS3 is Japanese model, where do you live? is your TV, working as PAL mode? [50Hz refresh rate]

What is your game title that you tested, if you live in EU region,

Try using Fake Other Region feature from DEBUG SETTING, and make sure to use PAL region PS2 Games

Couple of my friends own CECHA00 [CBEH1000]model, and he does NOT have issues like yours.

5. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

In never knew i had a jap ps3 i got it from a guy in the army. I live in the USA and have always played games from the us region. Im using the same tv i used before. The only thing i have done different is i upgraded the CFW and i had some corrupt data and if fixed it in recovery mode. I tried to switch from the cobra ps2 mode to the original mode for playing ps2 games but it said it could not find the files. Could it just be a bad install of the CFW or do i need to download some extra files or something.

6. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I do not know what really happen to you,

you will lose PS2 ISO playback when you switch PS2 emu to original

How many games have you tried?

I wonder if you installed "LEAKED" version of REBUG 4.65.2 or 4.65.1

Tell me what game is causing that issue, I can try that on my PS3

7. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

i think i may have had the leaked version before this copy of rebut 4.65.2 i got off the psx-sene site and they were liked to rebugs site. i have tried final fantasy 12 and musashi samurai legend both games played in full screen and worked fine before i upgraded to the new rebug cfw. if i just reinstall the cfw will it replace all the files and possibly fix it?

I tried re downloading the cfw from rebugs site to try and reinstall it but there site is down right now.

I re downloaded the CFW from the rebut site and reinstalled it and its still the same. if you can think of anything else let me know and ill try it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  8. 504
    DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc Loyal Member

I've tested a few PS2 games, like DW5 Empires, Mega Man X 8 and I've had no problems. I have them in ISO format and I've also made sure they match my region (mine is NTSC U).

9. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

Well thats strange. I don't know what could be causing it to act strange on my ps3. All themes that i have tried are NTSC U and they all played fine before I upgraded to the new CFW. My ps3 is backwards comparable are there any address i could install that might fix it or a emulator i could try?

10. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Those games you mentioned, are you playing original PS2 Discs? or PS2 ISO files?

11. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

They are ps2 iso files. I haven't tried any ps2 discs. when i get home ill try a actual ps2 disc and saw how that does.

They are ISO's when i get home i can try actual ps2 disc's and see how they play.

Ok i tried a few of the ps2 disc's that i have and they did the same thing not playing in full screen just like the ISO's did. I also tried a few PS1 games on disc and ISO and they did the same as the PS2 games. All games have been NTSC-U and they all use to play just fine before i upgraded to this CFW. Could a pkg i installed in the past be causing problems? I know i installed the PSP loader I'm not sure if i installed a loader for the ps2 games on the last cf. i was on. If I reformat my ps3's hard drive and re install the cfw could that fix the problem I'm having?

12. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    What was your previous CFW that you used before?

13. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

Im not all the way sure what i had but I think it was REBUG COBRA 4.53.1 REX/D-REX EDITION [MOD by Joonie] or [UPDATE] REBUG v4.53.3U COBRA REX (UNOFFICIAL build by Joonie) or Unofficial COBRA - REBUG REX 4.46 v2. It was a cfw that came out around when they came out i think it was one of them or it could have been whatever Rogero had out at this time i had used there cfw in the past os it could have been there's. I got it from psx-scene if that helps any.

14. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    All previous COBRA 4.5X CFW had 4.46's ps2emu which caused bugs, but you're saying that buggy ps2emu worked fine but not with this proper ps2emu....... hmmmm weird.. can you also try habib 4.66 1.01 to see if you can reproduce the problem?

15. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

Ok ill download it and try it out. With the old cfw it still had the bug where if i pushed the ps button the options on the menu didnt show up but the games played in fullscreen and played fine. Ill give habit's cf. a try and ill let you know how it goes.

Ok I updated to habib 4.66 v1.01 and the ps2 games still won't play in full screen and now the rebug tool box and webman app do not work lol. What should I try now? Should I just go back to the rebug cfw and if so s it don't the same way since it's a lower cfw than habib's? Sorry for being so much trouble. I know you guys put a lot of time and work into these cfw and thanks for making them and for offering to help me.

Joonie86 likes this.
  16. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    All I can think of doing next would be removing your previous save files of ps2..

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense to me.. but I don't know how to help you about this issue when I can't reproduce the problem. Can you confirm if going back to old 4.46 or 4.53 cobra cfw can fix the problem?

17. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

ok i went back to 4.53 and the first ps2 ISO i tried to play it wouldn't play but it beeped 3 times and then the ps3 turned off. I then tried the same game and it played but still would not play in full screen. How do i back up my PS2 memory cards so i don't lose my save data when i delete it so see if that fixes anything?

I deleted my ps2, ps1 and pop cave data i also deleted to ps2 ps1 and psp iso's. I put a new nuts-u ps2 iso in and it still will not play in full screen on 4.53. It did to the 3 beeps and turn off after i deleted everything and tried it again. I think i may have had prx loader on my ps3 before could that have something to do with it?

18. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Which 4.53 did you install? the first leaked one doesn't support PS2 playback on BC models,

you should use 4.53.1 v4 mod instead

19. 17
    luke187

luke187 Loyal Member

Thats the one that i tried 4.53.1 v4

20. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Then looks like your dev_flash is corrupted somehow, if you know how to install cfw via FSM, I recommend doing it while on 3.55 CFW,

You can directly install 4.65.2 over 3.55 via FSM method, this fixed many problems of DEX users at the moment

Do you know how to do it?