hit tracker

REBUG 4.80.1 REX EDITION Fan controller issues

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by HBP, May 11, 2016.

1. 3
    HBP

HBP Loyal Member

I am a great proponent of using Rebug for the last few releases, however with this current release the fan control functions in the firmware do not seem to be all there or always working, example I can play deadpool for 4 hours and have no issues at all, I can not play Crysis HD for 20 minutes without it claiming overheat and shutting down without any fan. and on restart while in the check system files mode still no fan and it shut down again.

2. 3
    HBP

HBP Loyal Member

might not be Rebug, went back to 4.78.2 had the same issues, loaded Tempmon to see what temp everything was then uninstalled tempmon and fan control seems to be running correctly again. it would be really good if somewhere in the toolbox you included an app or script that pulls the values for heat off the RSX and CELL chips. I don't want to change the fan controller, I just want to know how hot my PS3 is running so I know how long to let it cool before turning it off.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  3. 25,401
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    It would be alot better to use 'webman' it has options in it, and leave the fan speed at 100% at all times, and everything will work out much better for you in the long run with less problems, and worry.

4. 3
    HBP

HBP Loyal Member

can't use webMAN, get Error 8071053d when trying to access the setup page to set it up. that has been an ongoing issue with my box. from 4.78.2