hit tracker

[RELEASE] CFW patched for SG and cheat files for Luma (updated 05/02/2018)

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by LupinIII, Apr 21, 2018.

By LupinIII on Apr 21, 2018 at 1:53 PM
  1. 210
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Unofficial Luma, Rei-Six, Luma Legacy, and Puma Compatibility Fixes For Usage With StarGate 3DS Flashcarts!
    [​IMG]

UPDATED TO THE MOST RECENT LUMA COMMIT. CHEAT FILES ADDED NOW.

The title says it all. I found the whitelist code that was causing the problem in Luma3DS, Rei-Six, Luma Legacy, and Puma33DS, and recompiled them. I realize there were modified Luma releases already out there, but this is the latest one and has the cheat support built-in (not to mention the latest bug fixes). Some cheat files are now included as a separate archive (I batch renamed the files from the CTRPF archive, and they seem to work alright). Luma was also built with the Friends patch included, as all of my builds usually are (it's been updated in Luma Legacy and Puma33DS as well). Legacy uses the "legacy" folder as usual to avoid conflicting with regular Luma.

I have added "_SG" to the end of the names so that they can readily be copied to the "b9s/payloads" and "gm9/payloads" folders of my InScripted AIO (or any other configuration for that matter) without overwriting any existing files. Just add them to those folders, and you can make them the default or put them on hotkeys with Settings (hold R at boot) or using Fastboot3DS if you are running it (hold Home at boot). Though you could also copy them to the "Updater" folder, remove the "_SG" part, and run it if you want to use these exclusively.

Puma33DS has been done a bit differently. It needs a copy of the A9LH payload (which must be listed in the "path.txt" file) for the reboot patches to work correctly. In order to have the SG-patched copy and the original in the same configuration, one of these has to use a different text file. So, there is one build that uses "path.txt" for replacing the existing copy, and one that uses "path_sg.txt" to coexist. Said "path_sg.txt" is included with the latter, as well as some other files you will want if you plan to use it with InScripted (a PumaLoader_SG is included for launching it from chainloaders other than BootCTR9). It has been somewhat assumed that, if you want this at all (and being a fork of old Luma 6, I understand why most people probably won't see the point), you either want it to replace or run along side the copy in my InScripted AIO (especially since that already provides all the workarounds needed to run it).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by LupinIII, Apr 21, 2018.

1. 42
      b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Ok, so this is good news right? What can I do now? (I only have the Stargate for playing games... but can I just boot Luma without installing it? And mess around with everything, restart and then the original Firmware is there?)

2. 309
      sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Hi b4rt

you can use the ntrboothax mode of the Stargate to boot a *.firm file.
      So you can use the b9shax installer or you boot directly Luma.

With the installation you will get a permanent access to cfw everytime you boot.
      If you boot with the ntrboothax the cfw directly you will need always a magnet and press the keycombo to enter the boothaxmode and boot the luma/reinand cfw.

So the answer is yes you can boot luma without installing it and a normal start will boot the original firmware.

How to use a stargate to use with ntrboot and how the firm has to be named etc. cant be told by my person, because i dont own a stargate.
      I have ...
      - an 'old' gateway the red and blue card,
      - a r4-sdhc and
      - an acekard 2i.

On the acekard i have installed the ntrboothax for testings.

3. 42
      b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

Thank you!! That is a good explanation. I like the whole scene in the 3DS. But I really would hate to lose all the online stuff that I bought for my 3DS and Switch.

The way you described it, I can play and do anything with my 3DS until the power goes off. Then everything will be back to normal.
      My idea was to boot into the Luma firmware so I can play and install all the games on that firmware... When I am done there I can switch back and no traces are on my console right?!

4. 309
      sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Well no traces is not what i would say. You have your activitylog where it is always loged what and how long you have started.
      But I have Luma permanent installed till a9lh and had no probs since then.

5. 210
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Not exactly. Unless you setup an EmuNAND, any CIA you install will still be there when you reboot. It just won't run.

No one has ever lost their purchases for having CFW installed, though. Nintendo may ban you from online play if they catch you. But they have never blocked a console from accessing the eShop. Their main concern is stopping online cheating. They'll still sell to someone with a hacked system (which is smart if you think about it -- they block you from the eShop, they've burned that bridge themselves).

The thing is, Nintendo only monitors what you play while you're online. They don't download your activity log (several people have confirmed this using Wireshark). So, anything you do offline will not get you banned. What you want to avoid the most is running any homebrew CIA (FBI, Freeshop, JKSM, etc.) while online, since those use invalid title IDs. Most of these have .3dsx versions, and can be run from Rosalina's homebrew menu at a much reduced risk, if you set it to run via a valid system title like Download Play or Sound Player. I still prefer the CIA version of JKSM, but that's OK, because I can remember to switch the wifi off before I backup my saves. If you must run a homebrew CIA while online, use a DNS that blocks Nintendo's servers. Also avoid cheating at first party titles online. Nothing will get you busted faster than cheating at Pokémon.

Also, there's not exactly anything abnormal to go back from. Luma does not alter the appearance of your system. I just wanted to clear that up, because some people have actually thought it wasn't working, because their system didn't suddenly change appearance and look like the one they saw in a Youtube video they watched. CFW does not change the look of your system. That is done via custom themes.

Also, the size of the payload the SG card can run using NTRBootHax is limited. It probably cannot run Luma directly, since Luma is bigger than CBM9, and that wouldn't run. Though Rei-Six may be able to run directly, being smaller than Safe B9S Installer. You still need to download the full Rei-Six release if interested. I did not include the "rei" folder containing the extra files it uses, just the modified .firm file. However, you may be able to chainload Luma from BootCTR9, because I was able to get GM9 running that way. I would not recommend running CFW this way, though.

This release is mainly for people that already have CFW installed, and are having trouble using the card because of it. There are plans to release an AIO CFW package for people that have not installed CFW already (though a "Setup" script runner will be included for those that have already installed CFW so that they can use the package and it's features as well). I will make sure there is an "Uninstall" option in case you want to go back (and don't worry, you will not be able to hit it accidentally -- it will ask if you're sure, and you will have to hold X for a few seconds to confirm).