hit tracker

RELEASE: REBUG Cobra v7.02 D-REX & REX Editions

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by GaryOPA, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25,360
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    THIS EDITION OUT OF DATE --- PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING NEW THREAD for v7.03:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...EASE-REBUG-Cobra-v7-03-D-REX-amp-REX-Editions

As of Oct. 29th, 2014, Codename REBUG has released new firmwares on their site.

Here is all the details:

NEWS UPDATE: (Oct. 31th)

The Team has pulled the current PUP's they released a few days ago, to work on a update that is coming soon, here is the details:

Please visit their site for download links, and don't forgot to click on DONATE REBUG, and if you have any questions, problems, installing these new custom PS3 firmwares post about it here! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
    amp2006, dsmalls, STLcardsWS and 8 others like this.
  2. 16
    mp1

mp1 Loyal Member

AWESOME!! Is it Christmas???? Thought it was Halloween.
    Thanks to the whole team and congrats to Joonie and Habib.

3. 74
    Danilo Scala

Danilo Scala Loyal Member

ooo my god , thnaks for this. great work .. i can install 4.65"" D-REX"" in ps3ita dex 4.55 ? only this,, thanks

4. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

As always great work Rebug Team!!!!! It is great to see that you guys are alive and kicking some major a$$!!

5. 2
    bagus

bagus Loyal Member

hello,

wanna ask something. is it safe to instal "REBUG Cobra v7.02 D-REX & REX Editions" on console that already instal CCAPI or TMAPI?? and is it safe to used it after??

because i read somewhere that if you used cobra with ccapi or tmapi, it can cuse softbrick

thanks

6. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    As you install this REX/D-REX, your CCAPI will be removed. So it will not softbrick for the first time,
    but do not use it while Cobra is on. It does softbrick after you install while Cobra is active
    make sure to toggle cobra off before you ever happen to try CCAPI,

TMAPI on DEX is recommended

gDrive and Jock O'Strap like this.
  7. 7
    mohsen57

mohsen57 Loyal Member

I have a BC consloe
    i installed this CEX 4.65.1 cobra rebug, and when playing ps2 games, when press PS button Menu is invisible and cant be seen. the ps2 menu is impossible to read, i thought that rebug could fix this, but they didnt. too bad

and when loading ps2 games gamepad lose sync and impossible to sync again without cable.

dear joone86 is there anyway to fix this and able to see ps2 menu ? like installing plugins or something ?

and there is one small problem, when a console have older Webman installed and when update to this new firmware, the webman is not update and remain same. i have ps3 with webman 1.29 and when i install this firmware my webman remain as 1.29 again after instal.

thanks for your hard work and Congratulation joining great and famous rebug team. best ps3 cfw developers.

8. 32
    KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

In the same boat ("here we go again" mode) with a CECHA01 and want to know about this bug before I install.

9. 2
    bagus

bagus Loyal Member

i used ccapi.
    So it is okay/safe to install ccapi after disable cobra??
    How about if i want enable cobra again assume i already on "REBUG Cobra v7.02 REX Editions" ?? do i need to remove ccapi before enable cobra?? and again, is it safe??

thanks, don't wanna take a change for softbrick console

10. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    For that trouble some, I recommend using ps2classic for everything..

However you can still exit out although the menu does not appear, it's the bug that no one has managed since
    OFW 4.50 update..

I recently released mod version of 2.00, it does work without softbrick if you follow that procedure.

COBRA/CCAPI can not work together. make sure to remove/disable one at a time.

11. 1
    brtatu

brtatu Loyal Member

!

Hey, thank you for this epic cfw! Also I would like to know if it's possible to run original blu-ray disks.

12. 128
    Stormwolf

Stormwolf Loyal Member

I take it Multiman isn't working on this new release? If not, what is the best alternative currently?

13. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Of course you can, that's what the up-to-date cfw offers,

it has the latest key, so any new bd movies will work fine untill the next ofw update.

deank has been off for a while, however you can still use his multiMAN 4.60 while cobra is on

because cobra uses its own syscall to function everything on multiMAN.

without Cobra, there is no other way.

The alternative managers are below

webMAN 1.30.33 [Built-IN]

IRISMAN 3.31

GameSonic 3.31

14. 128
    Stormwolf

Stormwolf Loyal Member

I read something about an unofficial release of multiman. Is that one to be trusted and working?

15. 8
    Cass.UV

Cass.UV Loyal Member

Woooooow, amazing. Rebug Team, you are the best!. Question: I have a PS3 Slim with problem in the bluetooth/wifi board. This CFW will work fine in my PS3?. I'm afraid that, during the installation, my PS3 freezes on the update screen...

Thanks for all. You're the best. Thank you very much.

16. 1
    Bjornvdb

Bjornvdb Loyal Member

So i installed rebug 4.46 cex spoofed to 4.60 i want to downgrade using 999 downgrader but it gives me an error ??
    Can i install this update over rebug 4.46 CEX ??

17. 23
    Take-notez

Take-notez Loyal Member

Answer Me This What Is The Point Of Cobra An Webman Even Being On Here If You Cant Connect Through TMAPI On A Modding Tool? My target manager Says Connected With The Cobra Features On But Tools Don't Connect...Im Not Even Gonna Bother Trying Shittty CCAPI..I Like The Webman Features But Cant Use Them Which Sucks So Back to 4.46 I Guess

18. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    You can always turn off cobra to use TMAPI on DEX side, this works no problem..

Cobra payload is not designed to work with other payload and it has its own little bug that hasn't been fixed for like a year, you can still use TMAPI without any problem, just turn off cobra via REBUG TOOLBOX,.

If it was perfect I wouldn't even added that toggle feature.

Sorry about the little issue that you're experiencing.

Regarding CCAPI, you can always contact to the original author of the program

All previous REBUG release has never included no BT/BD fix on FW, So I did not patch that on this 4.65.1 either, however, you could try that MOD release of 4.53.1 v4+ that I made, it has that noBT/BD fix applied.

multiMAN 4.60 works fine while Cobra is ON, because Cobra uses its own syscall to handle that BD emulation function, I do not recommend using unofficial 4.65.

Make sure to turn off your spoofer, and then try again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  19. 23
    Take-notez

Take-notez Loyal Member

Thats weird cause mine was working fine with it enabled but ima retry now...but in my opinion it literally defeats the purpose of the release if you ask me...was working for again but then tools crashed reconnected an the tools connected again...could it be a issue with the game loading uder app home an as a bd mirror under webman?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  20. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I see what you're saying, so Cobra better be removed although it is an extra feature but can't have everything altogether, so it defeats the purpose of the release.

While on DEX, Swap CEX to DEX kernel, this is what triggered from the test result.. This was how things were working with Cobra.

By the way, Thanks for your humble opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.