hit tracker

RELEASE: REBUG Cobra v7.03 D-REX & REX Editions

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by GaryOPA, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

In order to make a REBUG CFW you must have both CEX & DEX firmwares available. There is no public 4.66 DEX at this time. Also v4.65 v4.66 is little to no difference.

2. 13
    zeroize00

zeroize00 Loyal Member

I have installed Rebug Rex from OFW. I have it configured as CEX/CEX and I want to upgrade.

Do I have install Rex or D-Rex? D-Rex seems to be for DEX systems. It's confusing because Rebug is hybrid

3. 6
    l3allermann

l3allermann Loyal Member

if u on dex install d-rex,if u on cex install rex and there u can switch to dex...

4. 13
    zeroize00

zeroize00 Loyal Member

Back in the day, there was:

1. Lite -> That's only CEX
    2. Rex -> Is this considered DEX? Or is it CEX by default unless you activate DEX?
    3. D-Rex -> Is this DEX by default? Or is this the one to install over Rex no matter if it's configured as CEX or DEX?

Rebug is confusing because it is an hybrid firmware? Do d-rex refuse to install in a non DEX ps3 or can you brick it?

5. 384
    mschumacher69

mschumacher69 Loyal Member

Lite > CEX
    REX > CEX by default, can be switched to DEX
    D-REX > DEX by default, can be switched to CEX

6. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

D-REX Cobra 7.03 EDITION - INSTALL ON DEX PS3 SYSTEM -
    REX Cobra 7.03 EDITION - INSTALL ON CEX PS3 SYSTEM

Even with v4.65.2 you can have a LITE REBUG if you really wanted to (at least setup as one). use all CEX Menu's ect.. and Disable Cobra. boom you have a REBUG LITE CFW.

With toolbox you can make it a very simple CFW (lite) or an advance CFW (REX w/ Cobra) or just a REX no cobra. That is why there is not really a need for a LITE version of REBUG anymore. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    Joonie86 likes this.
  7. 11
    klambo

klambo Loyal Member

no did not work for me I get the same error

8. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

Just realized this was released today, anyway did some testing. Unfortunately it seems COBRA PS2 iso compatibility (not classic) has the same compatibility as classics. I ran a game with known problems as a classic, Silent Hill Origins. It still has the same problem(s) (screen turns white at the house on fire early in game). This same copy of the game works perfectly fine on my PS2 console through Open PS2 Loader.

The advantages I can see from using COBRA for PS2 instead of classics is:
    1)Don't have to convert ISO
    2)Can boot from XMB
    3)Console doesn't do a full reboot cycle when starting and quitting game

But as I say the compatibility is the same (or is at least with the 1 problem game I tested)

9. 36
    wa7ly

wa7ly Loyal Member

So I am curious if anyone has ran into this issue.....so when I swap my kernel from CEX to DEX mode with Cobra enabled I end up with my system information saying my Target Type: DEX and my LV2 kernel:CEX and I am never able to get into a DEX mode unless I fully disable cobra. I am currently experiencing this issue on 4.65.2 final....I never did experience this issue in the 4.65.2 beta. Is there any workarounds?

Ok so ignore that question because I figured out what the issue is.....

I forgot I disabled syscalls 6,7,9,10,and 36 in webman...so without those syscalls enabled you cannot go into full DEX Cobra mode. Whoops spaced that one lol!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  10. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

i like me rebug release cfw 4.65.2 without webman , because in my console slim work webman while in my other console slim webman freeze my console, it work fine unistall webman

11. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Of course, its compatibility is about the same, but Honestly I think, PS2Classic gives better compatibility, when it is converted just right, but if the game was previously not working with ps2classic, then it shouldn't work on COBRA either, it uses the same ps2_netemu from SONY's OFW but patched to allow PS2ISO files.

Yes, I noticed that webMAN MOD affects small amount of users' PS3s, we haven't found the exact cause yet, but I strongly agree with your point about webMAN, from the next update, we won't probably include webMAN.

12. 384
    mschumacher69

Does this mean there's going to be a 4.65.3 or a 4.66.1? Is webMAN enabled or disabled by default?

13. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    We haven't decided anything yet. but for sure webMAN's old configuration can make an issue for newer webMAN MOD, so it's better to be disabled unless user wants it.

Building 4.66 REX doesn't take a day, since there is almost 0 differences between 4.65 and 4.66,

We just want to find a better solution for PS2 emulation due to its sync issues for non-BC users.

However, I kinda a sense new OFW update coming soon, and I don't think there is any good reason to release newer CFW at the moment unless things are settled.

Future REBUG won't take long like before, it really depends on when we get DEX OFW.

The only thing that is bugging us is Cobra integration. A lot of new comers demand Cobra features on REBUG, but COBRA itself had a lot of issues so far there is not that much left after all that time we all spent.

I understand old fans like old time standard REBUG REX CFW, but what we are trying to do is to provide the solution that can satisfy as many as possible. [This doesn't mean we will release 6 Pups..]

For ex, I think Disabling COBRA / webMAN on default was very good move, so far, I haven't seen anyone complaining about "FAN ISSUES", I also disabled webMAN's dynamic fan control also, so even if user enables COBRA, they still won't notice much of differences.

However, old COBRA user have reported some weird issues with webMAN due to its conflict between old webMAN and new webMAN's configuration files.

14. 384
    mschumacher69

Let me get this straight, if I install Rebug 4.65.2, will I get a REX CFW out of the box without Cobra/webMAN (disabled) without having to modify anything in the toolbox?

15. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Yeah, it works like standard REBUG REX if you don't enable COBRA.

We completely removed cobra's payload on default installation.

All you may need to do is to enable REBUG mod for 4.66 Spoof [at your choice],

also dumping eid root key possible, and easy flashless cex to dex via TOOLBOX 2.02.02 [no longer converted cex/dex dump required to convert to DEX from CEX or vice versa.

Quote from the release note

[​IMG]

16. 384
    mschumacher69

Thanks for the confirmation. I was holding off on the installation, I might install it now after all if it behaves like previous Rebug REX releases and Cobra/webMAN are disabled by default.

17. 384
    mschumacher69

One more question, has the latest multiMAN been confirmed to be working with Rebug 4.65.2?

18. 339
    amp2006

amp2006 Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

fighting ISIS alongside with Peshmerge
    Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    yea its working fine i running rebug 4.65.2 with the latest MultiMAN

retro4ever and mschumacher69 like this.
  19. 289
    Abkarino

Abkarino Loyal Member

Senior Software Developer
    Home Page:
    http://www.gamesmarket.org
    Yea sure it works fine you can test it your self, i recommended using last version of muliMAN also.

20. 87
    b17bomber

b17bomber Loyal Member

Can someone explain what Remote Play PC means?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.