hit tracker

RELEASE: REBUG Cobra v7.03 D-REX & REX Editions

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by GaryOPA, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 168
    Peppsi

Peppsi Loyal Member

I have the problem of webman not picking up my games, have multiply usbs in a hub removed the games one from the hub and it will pick up games after a refresh but then needs to reboot.

I have to do this everytime on boot, updating webman I presume will sort it. Do i just update with deans latest sprx on use aldos mod updater pkg?

2. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Can you try launching prepNTFS 1.08? That will scan all the contents and refresh your XML, so it makes sure to display your games on XMB

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/7225...non-sony-vaio-windows-7-pc-ps3-firmware-3-30/

Check this out,

Peppsi likes this.
  3. 11
    klambo

klambo Loyal Member

I am online now I had to reinstall the toolbox all is good
    Thanks a lot team Rebug

4. 13
    zeroize00

zeroize00 Loyal Member

Does the PS3 run hotter with Rex CEX than with Lite (CEX)? Or only with Rex DEX?

5. 168
    Peppsi

Peppsi Loyal Member

Had updated the webman mod and didnt work but Working 100% on each boot, dont know why with a FAT32 but tis working, thanks buddy

6. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

please: last question

-because when i desactive cobra in rebug toolbox in rebug 4.65.2 , it cfw can not launch bd disc of original games

-another question: mgs4 , dishonored and Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Jigoku-hen work in this cfw, i have not these games and i like me play these games

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  7. 14
    Ganj3r

Ganj3r Loyal Member

Hi, team

I ask this in the other post but was erased, I want to know if you will released a spoofer for 4.66 or 4.6X(in coming)

Thanks for all great CFW ;)

8. 168
    Peppsi

Peppsi Loyal Member

You can spoof to 4.66 from the toolbox in the firmware.

Ganj3r likes this.
  9. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    That appeared to be side effect from built-in anti protection patch causing issues with original bd games when there is game update is installed.

Currently proven solutions are below.

1. Use multiMAN to load original BD games for those updated ones.
    2. Activate Cobra mode to bypass that issue.

So, either 1 or 2 will fix your issue, but I recommend the method 2 for easiness

This won't happen from future release.

Thanks for your feed back.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  10. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

thanks joonie

11. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

another problem, ps2 games only synchronize a dualshock, while I want synchronize the second dualshock it does not work, only works with Cable

12. 384
    mschumacher69

mschumacher69 Loyal Member

Wait, r u saying that it's not possible to load original BD games if cobra is disabled??

13. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Only if the game has updates installed, This is the side effect from anti-protection patch built in, this can easily be solved from future releases. The only solution without Cobra mode is just to use multiMAN or IRIS to load original bd games at the moment. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

That is the bug from Cobra payload a long time ago. This has been chronic since 2 years ago.

Currently we are trying to fix this bug but this requires a lot of reversing. If you are non bc users, then you should use ps2classic with original ps2 emulator files provided by REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.02_PS2 pkg. This will guarantee all your controllers get synced wirelessly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  14. 384
    mschumacher69

mschumacher69 Loyal Member

Is this side effect present in all 4.6x+ non-cobra CFWs? This anti-protection patch that u're talking about, is it the patch built into the FW by Sony to prevent ODEs from working? Or is it a patch that you built-in to Rebug to allow ODEs to work?

And if this can be easily solved in future releases, why don't you solve it in this release?

15. 32
    KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

Hi Joonie, thanks to you and your teammates for this, been eagerly awaiting the release with all the good things I was hearing from beta testers!

I need a clarification from you on this:

I'm on a CECHA01, so when I install this, I need to install the above package instead of the vanilla REBUG TOOLBOX pkg in order to run retail PS2 discs as well as burned PS2 discs and isos like I am currently on COBRA 4.46?

Also, to update webman, I can use aldo's pkg? and is there a way to turn it off without turning off COBRA in the toolbox?

Thanks again!

16. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Not really, only the ones that has its built-in patch inside lv2kernel. But most of them are except a few

It prevents ODE and CFW's backup functionality when there is boot disc is inserted, and this is critical to non cobra users who want to play back up games that require ps3 bd disc inserted

This built-in patch also allows ODE to run back up games which was additional benefit that is useless to 99.99% CFW users.

This is long story, we held back our official release for almost 3 months since that ungrateful 4.65.1 release due to the research of perfect solution. Recently the author of multiMAN/webMAN has helped us come up with the most ideal solution that fixes almost all the issues that caused by SONY's ODE protection since 4.60,

It was regarding LIC.DAT check that makes PS3 crashes when JB rips are mounted [folder type back up games].
    Most of old REBUG 4.46 users are still using folder rips, you probably do the same, a lot of users like you do not like recent scene development that was based on Cobra source from last year, which has brought a lot of benefits. MAMBA payload created by Estwald was also derived from COBRA source, which bring greater compatibility than multiMAN's JB Rip support. It simply provides FULL "DISC-LESS" solution, And no issues at all.

We just wanted to make sure over 100,000 fans of REBUG would not have problems with mounting back up games when they were switching from 4.46 to 4.65 considering old fans don't really keep themselves updated about recent changes of back up managers. There are various alternative back up managers other than multiMAN. And even multiMAN also could have been problematic without this built-in patches unless user updated their multiMAN to 4.66.09 or higher versions.

Currently only a few of revisions of backup managers have this ODE protection patch.

At least by now, most of them are adjusted to new REBUG 4.65, and also they would probably started using Cobra + webMAN also. So this change should minimize the potential issues that user may have had without this built-in patches.

Future release will not include this built-in patch, so therefore there won't be no side effect due to its clean unprotected lv2kernel, and you will not have to worry about this issue.

We decided not to release anymore Cobra CFW unless we can fix all the stupid Cobra issues, So if you wish to continue using REBUG CFW, I suggest you waiting for 4.66.1 Standard REX. or any other future releases.

No, you do not need any extra pkgs, if you switch to original PS2 Emulator, you will lose all the cobra features for PS2, meaning that you won't have that back up support.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    wa7ly likes this.
  17. 73
    evilsperm

evilsperm Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    https://rebug.me
    It is being fixed in 4.66
    We are not going to make a new 4.65 release just to fix something as trivial as this.
    So you have a few options.

1. Just deal with it

2. Turn Cobra on

3. Use Multiman to load BD Games

4. Wait for 4.66

5. Move to another FW and don't complain :p

~evil

wa7ly likes this.
  18. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

another problem , when this active spoof , the games of psx and psp not work

I only want contribute some problems for improving next release

19. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Huh? did you use ARCH spoofer? I've been testing this built-in spoofer for 2 months already, please don't do false report.

20. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

Sorry I did not know about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.