hit tracker

RELEASE: REBUG Cobra v7.03 D-REX & REX Editions

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by GaryOPA, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

thanks this cfw work very well with console, model CECH2101b

2. 11
    klambo

klambo Loyal Member

I enabled Cobra wich enabled webman by default and when the ps3 reboots there are no files showing i cant log in and disable it ??

I had to reinstall the cfw is there a way to enable cobra without webman, is there a file i could edit somewhere

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  3. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

Hi Joonie86

First of all i must say a really cool firmware! Works perfectly if you set it up properly!

But there is a MAJOR bug which will brick your PS3 system (Atleast i tested it with 2 PS3 models with a NAND flash memory) Only fix able for those type of machines with the RECOVERY menu and re-install the firmware.

Im am one of the lucky persons who ownes a real DEX TEST debug hardware-bc machine and early PAL RETAIL 60GB software-bc machine.

Models i tested this firmware with are:

PS3 TEST DECHA00A (Test station)
    PS3 RETAIL CECHC04 60GB

The problem is that the enable Cobra mode doesn't works with it if you set those machines to DEX mode. (standard for the TEST PS3) It will hang those machines both at wavy lines when reboots take place. At boot when Cobra is enabled it makes the machines hang just after the REBUG logo and never gets to the dashboard just wavy lines and your screwed. (Need to reinstall the firmware to fix it in recovery)

I tryed to find out why it hanges those machines and i know where the problem is happening. WebMan isn't the problem. It's a problem from the Cobra mode when you change your machine to (0x82) Debug mode.

I must convert my real DEBUG TEST DECHA00A to CEX mode to get Cobra mode to work else it hangs the machine after reboot (wavy lines)

For both machines same results (DEX mode Cobra isn't working properly for NAND based machines)

If you need some help with testing stuff let me know and i will help!

Edit forgot to say: Rebug version 4.65.2 REX and D-REX versions

Again really a cool firmware with nice features but only works properly in CEX mode for those 2 types of NAND machines which i mentioned :)

4. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

Klambo can you mention what PS3 model you are using? And which mode is your PS3? CEX or DEX mode?
    It sounds a bit like the problem i mentioned ;)

In CEX mode Cobra mode should work fine even with webman :) Webman isn't the problem which hangs your PS3 something to do with machine kernel and mode (DEX) and Cobra

5. 11
    klambo

klambo Loyal Member

yeah it is a CECHK03 converted to DEX
    the reason I thought it was webman is because I also have a CECHJO3 on CEX and with webman I get flashing yellow light (its not the yellow light of death) and sometimes it gets stuck on loading no dashboard, with webman disabled its fine
    but on the DEX ps3 I cant get to dashboard If I could edit the file so when I enable Cobra webman wont be enabled I would know for sure,
    but which file if any could i edit ?

6. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    That is really weird, I own a CECHE01 [the same as CECHC04] and my friend owns CECHA00 and CECHA01

We all are currently using D-REX, and no hanging on XMB.

Can you try 4.53.1 D-REX and 4.65.1 D-REX also? If they all result the same then I will give you debug payload to get the log out, a friend of mine who owned CECHC04 had the same problem with all DEX COBRA cfws not just rebug, it would be nice if you could also test Psita 4.50 cobra edition.

Thanks for your report.

7. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

For Psita 4.50 cobra edition it did indeed also hang! I already tested that, that cobra version made it hang also at the logo, couldn't even get to the menu ;) And Rebug 4.65.1 REX didn't even made it boot, completly black screen! Again this was tested on CECHC04. Didn't test those on my DECHA00A debug Test console because they are not DEX firmwares. Didn't test the D-REX on the CECHC04 because i thought i leave it retail and install the normal rex cex firmware on it :)

Will test the D-REX versions on my CEX (but i wonder why i first must convert my CECHC04 to DEX and then re-install a D-REX version because those are for debug consoles :) )

I let you know!

8. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    OK. Let's check up something,

1. Do you use any other boot plugins?
    2. Do you use CCAPI 2.60? and its external plugins on usb? [dev_usb000/plugin] folder.

Most DEX Users reported the issue for No. 2, and their solution was to remove their external plugins that was causing problems or remove CCAPI.

By the way, if you want to convert CEX to DEX, use new easy conversion provided by REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.02

All you need to do is to get your eid root key dumped via Toolbox [4.46 / 4.65 CEX Kernel only]

and then do flash target ID, then it will ask you to do easy conversion without converted flash dumps

In order to remove webman manually, you have to remove webMAN inside dev_flash,

dev_blind/vsh/module/webftp_server.sprx.(bak) [via multiMAN or IRIS]
    dev_rebug/vsh/module/webftp_server.sprx.(bak) [via Toolbox's openFTP]

9. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

1. No boot plugins are used
    2. No CCAPI or other external plugins are used on usb.

All what is installed is the firmware nothing more nothing less :)

Yes i know about the new REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.02 with the great new way of change from CEX to DEX really nice new feature works perfect! Saves alot of time with convert your real nand on usb flash drives :)

Anything more i need to take a look at? ;)

The funny thing is it happens on both machines exactly the same the CECHC04 and the DECHA00A. Both hang after the Rebug logo on the wavy lines if in DEX mode and Cobra is enabled. Even turned webman on to see if that was causing the problem but with only webman enabled the machines boot fine. It happens when Cobra mode is enabled in DEX mode. Again in CEX mode the both machines work perfectly in Cobra mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  10. 1
    MaverickLunarX

MaverickLunarX Loyal Member

Finally updated from an old rebug release, these Cobra features are great.

I'm having a small issue with webMAN and ps3netsrv however. If I load games from my PC through mmCM everything works perfectly fine, but anytime I try to load them through the webMAN interface they don't actually load, as in I get the confirmation that the game has been loaded, close the browser, but theres no game launch icon. Doing the same with games installed internally don't have this problem. Did I miss some small detail?

11. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    That is indeed very weird, the one last thing that would be nice to try, is to do FSM install while on 3.55 [CEX].

Can you try converting your CECHE04 back to CEX and then downgrade it to REBUG 3.55 999 CFW, then install CFW with FSM method via TOOLBOX?

You can directly go from 999 to 4.65.2 and then get out just fine with old 3.55 lv2diag.self

or you could downgrade it to Rogero 3.55 3.7a and then do FSM 3.55 then install 4.65.2 on XMB or Recovery then try DEX+COBRA.

The only thing I could think of is that corrupted dev_flash inside NAND flash.

NAND Model PS3 has dev_flash inside NAND unlike NOR models, and that's the only thing that makes me wonder. If nothing works then I'll build special debug payload for you

Thanks for your feedback

12. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

I will let you know tomorrow! I need to have some sleep now, tomorrow morning a normal work day starts again :)

I keep you updated!

Thanks for the work sofar ;) Would be nice to terminate this weird DEX Cobra problem!

13. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

Joonie86

FIXED:

Got some serious problems now :(

I tryed downgrading to REBUG 3.55 999 CFW, then install CFW with FSM method via TOOLBOX!

It did dowgrade it to REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP then i enabled FSM mode via Toolbox, rebooted my PS3 then it was in factory FSM mode and after that i installed the Rebug 4.65.2 REX version from the menu.

All looked fine but until it rebooted my PS3 for searching the Update... All i am getting is now RED screen with your Playstation 3 has some serious problems :( Can't get it anything to do now! All i get is a RED screen.

Any way to fix this problem?

Edit: I got the RED screen of dead fixed! I used RSODfix Lv2diag.self v0.1 putted that on USB Root and turned PS3 back on the PS3 didn't show the RED screen of dead and continued installing Rebug 4.65.2 REX :)

And supricely YES Cobra mode does now work in BOTH CEX and DEX mode :) It fixed the problem!

But maybe a few things i want to mention! I noticed some interessting stuff when i tryed downgrading my CECHC04 to REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP i couldn't get my PS3 downgraded to that version! It gave me the (8002F169) it seemed my PS3 wasn't dehashed somehow? I then used 3.55 Rogero Dowgrader RSOD.PUP that went all fine and after that i used Rogero 3.55 3.7.PUP. Then i finally could update to REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP and enabled Factory Service Mode (FSM) in Toolbox and rebooted the PS3 so it was in FSM mode.

After that i did a update in FSM in the Dashboard put REBUG_4.65.2_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP the PS3 began to copy the UPDATE to the PS3 after that the PS3 rebooted and BAM RED screen of dead! After that i used Lv2diag.self RSOD fix! It began to continue the install of the update and supricely it works perfectly now in CEX and DEX with Cobra enabled!

But i wonder if i could get this done on my real DECHA00A debug station..?

Wonder what the problem was? It sounds like something weird with my old firmware wasn't dehached?

Overal im happy that the problem is fixed for my CECHC04 and Cobra works in CEX and DEX mode now :D
    (But wonder how i can get this fixed for my DECHA00A?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  14. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    for Fsm installation, you should't flash while on XMB, you should use lv2diag self

And for DECH, I suggest restore ps3 setting to default, your issue was dex's native bd mounter.

Can you change that to native BD from USb?

15. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

Can you point me in the right direction? you mean Blu-ray Disc Access= BD Emulator(USB)? In debug settings?

16. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    Yes change that back to native bd drive

You don't need that while on cobra mode. Cobra core does its own way to emulate bd drive

17. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

It didn't work on my DECHA00A Test console! It was already at real bd drive mode. I changed it to bd emulation usb mode just to check if that would not make it hang. But still the same happend. Frozen at the Wavy lines just after the Rebug logo.

But i i got it fixed now! Let you know how i fixed it!

I thought why not do the same like my CECHC04.

So i converted my real DECHA00A Test console to CEX. And did the downgrade to CEX firmware 3.55 and till my suprice the machine did also gave me the ERROR like my CECH console when i was trying REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP it gave me the (8002F169) Error screen when updating. So acctually i followed the same procedure like my CECHC04 to get it to work! First Downgraded to Rogero 3.55 Dowgrader RSOD.PUP and QA enabled and then updated to Rogero 3.55 3.7A.PUP and after that updated to REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP that went all perectly :)

But only the last step i changed a bit in REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP via Toolbox i changed back CEX to DEX and updated in FSM to REBUG_4.65.2_D-REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP instead of REBUG_4.65.2_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP

And supricely it worked! Now on my real DECHA00A Test console! Cobra mode works on BOTH CEX and DEX! :)

So both consoles are fixed! and Cobra is working perfectly!

It really sounds like something is not installing correctly or gets corrupted when the firmware isn't dehashed before? That possible? Sounds like it's coming because of the error (8002F169)..

Great it's fixed now, but like to know if we can tackle this problem down on next firmware updates :)

18. 924
    Joonie86

System Admin
    Home Page:
    I have no idea why FSM can fix those issues.. DE-Hashing shouldn't matter.

But apparently it has something to do with BD handling.

Some other guy who had broken bd also had the same issue, but yet he hasn't tried to attempt converting his ps3 to cex, his bd is not re-married. He said he couldn't get it re-married while on DEX

Anyways, congratulation on your success, I'm glad that you have managed :)

MrNova likes this.
  19. 15
    MrNova

MrNova Loyal Member

Yes it's a really strange bug! Glad i managed to get it worked out for both consoles! The funny thing i also tryed it in DEX mode what the guy tells you but that didn't give me any succes either :)

It seems CEX gives somehow more controll to the update procedure (atleast fixes some corrupt bugs). I suggest to that guy also convert his PS3 to CEX and then he tryes to resolve his problems. And after all is done just swap back from CEX to DEX on Rebug 3.55 9.99 downgrader and then apply the lasted Rebug 4.65.2 D-REX version :)

Anyways thanks for the help mate! And keep on making such a cool firmwares love to see some more new Cobra Rebug firmwares! They make me smile :) Features are endless! :)

Joonie86 likes this.
  20. 32
    44DANIEL

44DANIEL Loyal Member

because in PS2 games , overheats the PS3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.