hit tracker

Removing CUNTPLEX, oops I meant DUPLEX game intros from their EBOOTs.

Discussion in 'PS3 Technical Only Topics' started by gDrive, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    As the thread title says, I heard that WANKPLEX are at it again with their e-whoring parade and this time, Metro: Last Light is the latest game affected by this stupid shit - and thus, is there a way in which I can MANUALLY remove the DUPLEX intros via hex-editing or any other technical means besides the very obvious 'wait for a legit EBOOT/file set or a game update PKG'?

Perhaps I've missed a trick or two in the Googling department but so far, finding info on that is a pain in the digital ass.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  2. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

In the eboot it reads "Duplex", try that.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  3. 561
    AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

Perhaps you could crack it yourself or if it is a game that needs no crack, just dump it yourself. Duplex helped the ps3 scene many times, especially during it's darkest times. They spent their time cracking that game, maybe you can handle seeing an intro? I mean, either there are other releases without an intro, in which case, grab theirs from now on, or there isn't in which case, either join in and release or deal with theirs. Regardless, if you got their release it means they helped you. Don't want their intro, don't receive their help. Look elsewhere next time.

Edit: Maybe I went a little overboard, but in my defense Duplex has done a lot for the ps3 scene. From the sound of things, they just started doing the intros as well or in the least haven't done so for very long, so when I see somebody call them e-whores and "cuntplex" I just want to ask him/her where he was, and what games has he cracked/released. If I was taking the time to crack or release games I certainly wouldn't want to be attacked for it. Is an intro really that bad? I mean they don't require you to use their releases nor do they require you to be on a special firmware or anything, in this situation you only know it was them that cracked the game based on the intro. Other than that, it wouldn't be known.

4. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

dude theres 2 ways, in the eboot its pduplex.self and since metro i believe they have included the original eboot with their release but the of course the default eboot is the one with their logo.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  5. 561
    AlbedoAtoned

Well that's kind of confusing. I could have sworn that the thread was posted by somebody else. Oh well, if what Patbat said is true, then they already did the work mostly. Just a matter of switching eboots. I wanted to thank Patbat, but for some reason the thank button is gone from all posts. His post was more helpful than mine, still I don't think calling a release group, cunts was very nice. It didn't sound very thankful to me. They do release many games so we don't have to buy them, or in some cases they even release games we can't buy.

6. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

I just got "remember me" from duplex and this time around no duplex logo and only one eboot, so maybe they have stopped with that shit. As far as the thanks button, the site has gotten hacked a few times and the thanks thing is a plug in so is a security risk for now, gary says all the thanks are saved and he'll prolly bring it back once everything is 100% again.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  7. 6
    slicky

slicky Loyal Member

I really don't know what are you so upset about... Back in the good old days, every release had some kind of cractro or intro. If there was none, it meant the group was either not smart enough or didn't give a shit (pure warez groups, no fun at all). I personally find it quite cool. Sure, this logo placed on waves or ripples or whatever doesn't live up to the name of intro/cracktro, but it's still nice to have it. I would rather have all groups adding proper intros, so that when a new release comes out, I would think "what will they surprise me this time with?". It adds some fun and skill to the otherwise bainless pirating (common, anyone can dump a game, not many can crack it to work on older firmwares, so kudos to duplex in this department, but it's nice to see something creative from time to time).

8. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    It only shows groups are in it for e-cred... which is fucking worthless, just slap your name on the .zip or .rar and you're good, and back in the old days (I'm referring to '98 for myself since thats when I was just starting out using cracks) all the groups I used had programs that would crack the file for you, or a program that would generate the CD key, or unzip the files that needed to be replaced, complete with their name, some shitty techno music, but the game was left alone.

Also.. there's no skill in slipping in a picture or pre-made video into a games opening. Yes, there's skill needed to crack it, but come the fuck on, the fact people use YOUR crack over someone else, should be the credit you need, that's how I get my cracks, I find who has the best reputation, and go with them, and it's this bullshit 90's era into non-sense that makes me wait a few days after a release for someone like Joe to crack it so I don't have to deal with that crap.

9. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    QFT, as there's no thanks button! :p

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  10. 6
    slicky

slicky Loyal Member

As far as IBM compatible PCs are concerned - you're right. But back in the 80's games on other PCs (spectrum, atari, c64, then amiga) and consoles (up to PSX in 90's, because it definitely wasn't that popular on PS2 anymore) quite often had intros and cracktros integrated with the game itself (often including cheat selectors or other addons like region selectors).

Still can't get why are you freaking out so much. It's a custom, that has its roots going 30 years back. I still think it's nice.

11. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    Just because something is a custom doesn't mean it's not out of place, or stupid, and just because it was accepted 30 years ago doesn't mean it's not wrong.

I also don't recall ANY cracktro's in any of my PSX warez (since it was my brother and dad who did all the warezing on that), there were a few on the SNES roms I had (Breath of Fire 1 and 2 had them) and a cracktro + cheat for my rom of Boktai.

It's one thing to have the cracktro as an option, for those who WANT it, (god knows why anyone would WANT one) but to force it on people just shows you have zero respect for them, or their intelligence that you feel you have to tell them every time they want to play that it was you who fixed the eboot.

All this really does is serve to push up the cred, and reputation of Joe, and the other people who fix games but don't slap their names all over the stuff, and the cracktro stuff has been enough to push me off from using Duplex fixes.

12. 6
    slicky

slicky Loyal Member

Most of my games on C64 had some kind of intro or cracktro, or at least some modified main screen. In early 80's I was still a kid. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic. Anyway, I get your point. I disagree, but I get it. Have a nice day ;).

13. 561
    AlbedoAtoned

This isn't new, in fact if you delve even just a little bit deeper, you'll find that there isn't a single release group that is completely in it for selfless reasons. And that is okay. They release it, leechers don't have a right to dictate how they release their things nor whether what they do is right or wrong.

Several of my ps1 games had cracked intros. But even if they didn't that paragraph doesn't hold up. You went to them either by chance or because they were the only ones releasing said game and you preferred to not buy the game or couldn't find it to buy. They didn't force anything on you. You can't just bite the hand that feeds just because it wasn't perfectly to your liking when you haven't given them anything in return. Don't like their intros, look elsewhere for games, it's that simple, or you can release it yourself. If a group consistently helps me out with quality releases, regardless if they want thanks or credit. As a human being, I am obligated to give my thanks and credit where it is due. A leecher can't just see an intro and then "AWW Shitt"

Lastly I am not sure why it is such a problem to see an cracked intro. At most I get the feeling that people don't want others to realize they are pirating a game and a cracked intro ruins the illusion that they bought it. A pirate wouldn't care whether it showed unless around certain people, and a person who owned the game in this case wouldn't need a pirated copy as they could just rip it themselves. Otherwise if they couldn't rip they would still have the game disc as proof of purchase.

But the end message is that if you don't like their intros then you should look elsewhere. Complaining that they put an intro on something that they released for free (and you are getting for free). If seeing an intro is too much for you then you should look elsewhere. I find if a bit sad though that after all that Duplex did a couple of intros in their releases could turn somebody against them. It's like none of it even mattered. I guess it goes to show just how ungrateful some people can be and how the scene might not have grown out of it's terrible twos.

14. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Perhaps, but they have a MAJOR influence as to what groups should and should not do and by being compliant all the time, it has been shown, whether it is politically related or in modding and cracking scenes, that those "higher up in the food chain" tend to abuse that so you can't just turn around and say that "they shouldn't have a say in anything", unless they have been previously proven to abuse their privileges.

DUPLEX have already given us a choice in the form of "warez, rent or buy", or rather, they're a part of the warez chain, but the problem lies when either of those categories stifle choice, especially in a surprising manner and personally, the DUPLEX release of Metro: Last Light was the last straw for the warez users as the ("pirate before you buy") warez users had no choice but to use the DUPLEX release (not sure if there are other warez releases) that had the silly intro logo and basically put up with it - does that remind you of the 2011 Warez Debacle by any chance, whereby you're effectively screwed over either way with the restrictive True Blue Dongle being then the only warez solution (and a laughably shabby one at that - in which a certain site had a news page that is roughly 400-odd pages long DEDICATED TO THAT SPECIFIC DONGLE)?

To summarize: don't stifle choice, and don't provide options whereby "only the bad guys win"! Get it?

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  15. 561
    AlbedoAtoned

So to summerise you think that if a release group releases a game with an intro, and nobody else does, that means the "Bad guys win". ROFL

Let me ask you did, the intro hinder you from actually playing the game? No, because all it was was an intro. Did it spy on you? No, because it was only an intro. Did it prevent you from playing other games, or even the same game from a different source? No it was only an intro. Did you have to buy something in order to use it? No, it worked as is because it only added an intro, not some drm.

It's funny you act like somebody is a victim. Nobody has been murdered by seeing Duplex's intro. Nobody has been robbed. Nobody slandered, scammed, or anything bad happen to them. All that has happened is that they saw an intro, either pushed a button or waited a couple seconds and then moved on with their life playing a game. And then there's a few who are acting like Duplex just murdered their entire family and ran off with all of the family fortune. You do realize that there was an entire scene built upon adding crack intros or even just making standalone intros, it's called the demoscene. What Duplex did might not be as technically marvelous as many in the demoscene, but if what Duplex did is so outrageous, what the demoscene does must be a massacre.

You seem to think Duplex is responsible for giving everything you ever want to you for free and in whatever condition you want. I disagree. Duplex is merely a player in multiple markets. In most markets, when a demand is created, somebody steps up to fill it. When free games were demanded, piratical release groups stepped up to fill that. When the ps3 was in it's darkest days and the users demanded some games to help ease the pain, Duplex stepped up and released many psn games. And then when people demanded newer retail games. True Blue stood up. And when people demanded a free solution, somebody released the keys. In this market, you either wait for somebody or you become that somebody that fills the market demand. Now a days choice is not so limited. You can buy or rent a game, and have the game work right there no mess ups. You can gamefly the game. And lastly, Patbat even said that there was a second eboot without the intro. In other words, treating them like they just horribly violated you was going too far. I have a hard time believe somebody to be grateful if all it takes is a ten second intro and their already wishing for somebody to burn in hell.

Don't forget whether you don't think there are other choices or not, is completely irrelevant due to the fact that Duplex is giving it to you, and you can refuse. You don't have a right to demand that they (and I mean specifically they) remove their intros. You take it how they give it or you don't take it at all FROM THEM, or you figure it out yourself and remove it. Don't like their intros, don't download their releases. It is simple.

I guess I was right, the ps3 scene hasn't grown up. They're still up to their crucifying ways. One minute you help them and they SEEM thankful. The next they want your head on a platter and your family with it. It really hasn't grown out of it's terrible twos as I was thinking before.
    View attachment 3937
    This is what it looks like to me."WAAAH Duplex gabe me all dere gamez foar fwee, but dey aww habe intwos. Somebody sabe me!"

16. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Perhaps I should be the one laughing in your face for misinterpreting what I said (does the double quotes hint out the fact that you should be allowed to express your views regardless of the situation, and that you should treat/think of any situation like as if the worst of outcomes are possible?), and talking to me like I'm a spoilt two-year-old brat.

Also, me acting like the victim? Seriously? Now I wanna roll my ass off and laugh some more, and for the record, yes, I've heard of the demoscene, whereby scene groups have added or created introductory demos into their releases, and some companies like Remedy Entertainment (cough - Max Payne - cough) were founded by Future Crew, with most of Remedy's members being affiliated with the demoscene. Having said that, some people DON'T like cracktros and they want to have the choice to remove that (Google "remove cracktro" and you will see what I am talking about), in which I can understand why that is the case, and if you want to hear my view on cracktros, the introductory demos should only be distributed separately, but within a warez release, like THETA does with their NFO file/NFO reader set.

Onto the DUPLEX side of things, yes whilst there was a separate untouched EBOOT for SOME of their releases, Metro: Last Light (DUPLEX) DIDN'T have an untouched EBOOT with the release, which was the last straw, like I said earlier, which led to the Fuse game (DUPLEX) being distributed with the original/edited EBOOT (http://www.ludibria.com/nfo.php?sys=ps3&sysid=3831), and Remember Me being distributed with just the untouched original EBOOT.

Regarding the "darkest days", and the so-called "post-True Blue era", even though DUPLEX did release some PSN games (not most of the main retail titles DID make it onto PSN at the time) and True Blue DID release some titles, the LATTER was HEAVILY criticized for locking up its EBOOTs so that it can ONLY be used with the dongle, which for the price of $60, and it just being served as a DRM unlocker, is seen as a pathetic device, and rightly so, and if you can't agree on that and brand me, and others as spoilt children, then you are blinded by your own stupidity (something which frankly was the best thing I've done for my system - not spend anything on a shitty blue dongle).

That was until middle-to-late 2012 whereby the 3.60 keys/True Blue EBOOT decryption method was leaked, in which DUPLEX/N0DRM et al (et al referring to some anonymous parties and others) managed to release EBOOT fixes for the previously TB-exclusive titles, and later on in that year, the LV0 key(s) was leaked by the Three Musketeers, thus opening up the scene even further, so yeah, I'm grateful for what the scene groups have done, but there's a BIG DIFFERENCE between being grateful, and being sheeple-like compliant - hence the saying "with success, comes greed, arrogance and abuse"!

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  17. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Sorry G, this is the stupidest fucking piece of shit thread ever. Duplex sucks, all the members posting in this thread suck (including me) & I'm closing this. If you reopen this thread that only serves to annoy me when I click "new posts" I will kill your boyfriend.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  18. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    I am actually glad that you've closed this thread, otherwise, I'll piss myself laughing at someone's stupidity even more - well done! :D

Jock O'Strap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.