hit tracker

Reports of bannings happening

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by MrNasty, Oct 30, 2009.

1. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

2. 25
    2Rudex

2Rudex Loyal Member

No one answered my question yet.

So anyways, my friends Xbox is now banned and I had my hard drive in it after fixing it. Does that mean I need to buy a new harddrive as well now or no?

3. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

The only thing which may be affect are profiles which for non-banned consoles can be recovered from XBL if the corrupt profile is deleted.

4. 884
    TheGame1594

TheGame1594 Loyal Member

the best thing you can do is to format your harddrive! because you got your friend banned i think. And im still not banned and flashed with xbox powerbrick.

5. 399
    xrippa

xrippa Loyal Member

So now you wanna try and get hostile over the internet? lol... c4eva making a new fw saying this time no more bans. Maybe his arrogance kept saying ixtreme is not detectable. But it still hasn't been confirmed that its detected. Yea im sure I'm gonna believe some random guy on the internet saying he modded his console but never played backups.

"Our commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox LIVE community remains a top priority."

20 million users of xbox live... not 20 million banned

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  6. 686
    hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Brand new arcade 2 days old new liteon drive flashed with 1.6. Banned after playing RROD release of MW2 online after 3 hours. :p:p:p:p

PS3 now for online and backups on 360. To hell with ixtreme from now on, as its not worth it in the future and a costly one having to buy another machine. Some may say its the price you pay for booting a pre-release title and copies in general. I agree, yet that is not my point.

7. 49
    THE SNOWMAN

THE SNOWMAN Loyal Member

Hi m8 was that the only game placed in the drive even for testing it after flashing and i've got the same release which needed patching in abgx. so did you patch before burning or not <:)

8. 686
    hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I ran it through abgx 1.1 out of curiosity before 1.2 came out, but as you know 1.1 did not have wave 4 support and DMI, PFI, etc, verified files in the online database. Is the database updated now with the patch files for this title on 1.2?

Yes, the only game used to test using the activate.iso disc. It just goes to show that pre-release warez is a definite factor regardless of what ixtreme fw you have now.

9. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

This goes to show, unless you do your own rips. Get a second console for copies.

This doesnt go just for pirates but people who are to lazy or unable to make their own backup.

10. 100
    peapod

peapod Loyal Member

Wow, thats fast for MS, I had 3 consloes banned this week, mine and my 2 sons, just got my oldest another console with mwf2 orig, he doesnt want it flashing no more...

There has got to be a massive hole in the firmware for MS to ban you within 3 hrs...

11. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lmao dumbass.

might be a hole in the fw, but right now ms is banning like crazy so of course they gonna pick up on playing the bad rip very fast.

but still it seems alot aren't banned yet.

even some on here aren't.

12. 686
    hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Its not being a dumb ass. I knew the risks involved with cfw since day one and booting pre-rips early. It was just a point to make and that they took 3 hours to flag a ban that quick.

13. 447
    DKing

DKing Loyal Member

If you've been 'flagged' when do you actually become banned in their system? Meaning do you actually have to connect to LIVE to have your console banned as far as things like warranty service go? I realize the console itself doesn't know it's banned until Microsoft lets it know but I'm not talking about that aspect of things. What I'm getting at is if you checked your warranty status on their site would it indicate banned status if your console hadn't physically been banned yet?

Assuming it even indicates that information.. People who have been banned does it show you as still in warranty?

14. 235
    steplay29

steplay29 Loyal Member

Home Page:
    the reason you got banned that quick was you were playing a wave 4 game on 1.6 liteon firmware,which can not boot unless you use the activate iso or you had the game patched from wave 4 to wave 3.either way it would not be that hard for ms to detect.:confused:

15. 153
    davsmith64

davsmith64 Loyal Member

been on live since may 2007 with my current console and never got banned in any of the banning waves!!
    i used to check all my iso's with xdvd mulleter, then went onto xbgx360.
    kept m firmware up to date,

played MW2 all day from 9am to 9pm, still no ban,,
    no ban this morning

i connect to live via my laptop, network cable to laptop, use my laptop as a wireless adaptor, then my laptop lets my console play live,

dont know if the above helped me out,

but my first console which did get banned used to connect via cable straight to my modem.

but either way ms arnt daft and will more than likely catch up..

16. 686
    hanz

hanz Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Second console (May 07 made) Survived all ban waves until now. Verified with mull and abgx, updated regular, no pre-rips used, etc. Now Banned.:p

I have one machine left now..:p:p

I do reckon its fw based to how they are catching us.

17. 884
    TheGame1594

TheGame1594 Loyal Member

that's why you get banned! the game have been patched even via the online database of version 1.01 you haven't wait long enough! i know this because i have wait for the patch and patched it with version 1.01 yes 1.01 and have downloaded yesterday abgx 1.02 and it verify's wonderful too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  18. 174
    ryu420

ryu420 Loyal Member

Home Page:
    geez.... can somebody plz mod a brand new 360, flash it with 1.61.. don't play a single backup game once and see if u get banned.. so far we have no proof that its firmware cause personally every xbox360 ive modded ive given a few burnt games to ppl..

19. 174
    ryu420

ryu420 Loyal Member

Home Page:
    i was running 3 boxes.. one was bought a year ago modded with 1.6...that got banned.. so now i am running only 2 boxes.. one is a hitachi 59 spoofed as a hitachi 79, and the other is benQ 1.61.. i even threw in a game early by accident once in the benQ drive played it for 5min before noticing.. so my liteon which has been around for the shortest (and also played the least backups in its lifetime outta the 3) was banned the other day. although there is no CONCRETE evidence.. i would ASSUME from what ive experienced is that the new liteon drives have something to do with it... except for the fact that i modded a benQ the other day, gave him an abgx verified backup, he bought xbox live.. played for ONE day and got banned the next day.. so abgx or firmware i'm gonna have to blame.

20. 72
    Biteable

Biteable Loyal Member

Are you for real :eek:

Your asking someone to mod their £100 + console just to see if they will get banned

If you have been reading the forums c4eva is now working on a new Firmware because Microsoft can detect the last firmwares

Now wind your neck in and wait like the rest of us :rolleyes: