hit tracker

Requested & Delivered: Easy CFW Install for Stargate 3DS users

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, May 14, 2018.

By GaryOPA on May 14, 2018 at 8:02 PM
  1. 25,239
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Finally, some great news for StarGate 3DS FlashCart owners!
    [​IMG]

People have been waiting for news from Team StarGate, and now we have some to share with you, check it out below:
    Files and documentation can be found in our Official Resource Section HERE on MaxConsole. Please see the README file inside the (7.16mb .7z file) for info. As always, enjoy!

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.stargate-3ds.com/?p=559

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, May 14, 2018.

1. 7
      Palm Bear

Palm Bear Loyal Member

Since I'm new to all of this, I was hoping someone could answer these 3 quick questions:

• Will installing the Luma CFW erase my current firmware and thus erase the 3DS games I purchased from the E-Shop officially as well?

• Is there any risk of bricking my 3DS using the supplied method?

• Aside from installing emulators and custom themes, are there any other significant benefits reasons to using the Luma CFW?

(I'm not interested in things like installing an internet browser, watching movies (unless they would be in 3D), reading books or listening to music from my 3DS)
      Many thanks for your time

2. 26
      Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

It only took half a year to make this cart do something so basic as to properly work with a CFW. But I guess we can only expext so much from a shit team like the Gateway team.

3. 26
      Lilith Valentine

4. 382
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

This was authorized by Lupin III, so they didn't steal from him.

The Stargate 3DS firmware is still being worked on, expect an update at some point.

I have been enjoying Stargate 3DS with CFW for some time now, this is just for people to be able to install CFW with their Stargate kit and get everything up and running. I'm glad we finally have some Stargate 3DS news.

5. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Gateway will sell then dump there users as usual.

6. 26
      Lilith Valentine

Expect they didn't even bother to credit him and worded the post ambiguous enough to make it sound like it was their own work. That's pretty raw deal that I am shocked anyone would agree to.
      Please don't fall into being another mouthpiece for them like Gary. They've left you hanging for nearly 6 months and they've abandoned Gateway after a year of pretending like they were going to update it. You should really reconsider speaking on their behalf or they will start using you like they do Gary.
      You have someone else's work that you could have been using for a couple of weeks now. This isn't actual news from them, it's someone else's work that they hastily thrown together to pretend like they haven't abandoned this project too.

7. 1
      darkpyro

darkpyro Loyal Member

I have a question if anyone can help. When i say yes to the prompt to install cfw I'm getting a red screen that says "this is your only warning. You want to enable sysnand lvl13 writing permissions. This enables you to overwrite your B9S installation and/or brick your console"

8. 8
      Voltron

Voltron Loyal Member

I love the Stargate 3DS card for its easy of use, but i've problems with this package (Easy CFW Install 1.0) for my old 3DS-XL with firmware 11.6.0-39E. I've followed the istrunctions and successfully installed CFW (i see the strings and i can access Luma3DS options at boot time), but when running Sound Player it starts the stock app and not Homebrew Menu; in stock home i can see only stock app (and the Stargate 3DS in DS mode), not FBI or other app included in this package. I've tried to reinstall CFW and setup configuration, always with success, but nothing happens. What can i do to launch FBI and install cia packages? Thanks

9. 8
      Voltron

Voltron Loyal Member

Problem solved. For those who encounter the same problem, i post what i've done:
      reformatted the sd card and followed instrunctions at this link, excluding SafeB9SInstaller and starting at Section III (Installing boot9strap); then Continue to Finalizing Setup where i follow instrunctions only for FBI and hblauncer_loader. Very clean with only the files that i really need, and of course works like a charme!

Sammy_Lee likes this.
    10. 15
      SnoWStyle

SnoWStyle Loyal Member

Hi there,

I can't get the Install CFW to be installed.
      The magnet is positioned correctly, everytime i try to press Select Start and X, powering up the console : The blue light appear then disapear and nothing seems to happen.

Any clues ?
      Thanks

11. 1
      LIlDuke

LIlDuke Loyal Member

I'm having the exact same issue on the old 3DS-XL with the current FW installed.

12. 201
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Is the SG card in DS mode? If not, place it in DS mode and try again.

If it is in DS mode, check your 3DS system's SD card. Is your theme and installed software showing up on the home menu? Because microSD adapters tend to loosen up over time. If the system is shutting off almost immediately, that usually means the software on the card could not be found. So make sure your system is still seeing your card and try again (if you have plenty of adapters laying around, try swapping out for a fresh one and see if that fixes it). You may even want to try performing the installation with a different card. If that works, just copy the setup files over to your main card to setup the configuration on that once the install has completed.

Try Download Play instead. I was intending to switch to using Sound Player since less people use it, but I may have got the configuration file switched to an older one by mistake. Also, note that the guide you link to will not have patched CFW. DS mode will not work correctly.

That's an intentional safety precaution. It just means you're about to enable write access to the NAND. Just hold X for a few seconds to continue with the installation.

Here's the thing. It feels weird crediting myself, so I somewhat forgot to do it. For another, the other authors wrote the CFWs and hack tool. I just put it all together with some scripts. I'm not sure if I should have my name in the same paragraph with those guys. Though I take enough pride in my work that it angers me when people even mention that outdated guide. What I have is easily much better than that old thing.

It also occurred to me that it might hit the fan when the rest of the hacking community realized I sold out. And it somewhat has, because not everyone was asked (considering everything that goes into my AIO, how realistic is that expectation though?). I was under the impression free software is free software. Frankly, I just didn't want to leave anyone out. If they want, I can remove FB3DS. The InScripted chainloader CAN take it's place as the 3rd option. It works from the firm partition. It will boot 1:/boot.firm if there's no SD card. I just prefer GM9 on firm, since I can do things like throw a random SD card in and format it, so I didn't set it up as an option. I just didn't want people to say I was discriminating by leaving a competing chainloader out. I especially didn't want people saying I burned them just because they refused to add extra slots. But you can't win either way with some people.

Regardless, I need the money. It's for a good cause (would you rather see the only card that lets you select a ROM without using the arrow buttons work with existing CFW, and have more time to add features like DS cheats and fix ROM incompatibilities, or reinvent the wheel?). And I feel like InScripted deserves more attention than it was getting. For once those nasty guide zealots that wouldn't give my AIO the time of day and perpetuated complete falsehoods like "packs are inferior to guides" are getting beat to the punch. Because mine is the official software of SG. What's important is that the guide goes down in flames against my superior automated script runners. Why care if my name is in a file or not? People will figure it out.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    13. 15
      SnoWStyle

SnoWStyle Loyal Member

I ve correctly installed the Cfw.

To answer Voltron request : Me too was unable to launch the homebrew menu from Download play or anywhere else.. So just launch the application you want to be the homebrew menu switch. Press L - Down - Select. The Miscellaneous option -> Switch the hb.tittle to hblauncher_loader. Press start to save. Exit the app. Restart it, should do the trick.

Basicly I wanted to use CFW to be able to switch Rom game without opening the game slot and press the little buttons...
      How can I be able so switch from game to game with the CFW ?
      Note : I don't use CIA game mostly .3dd ones.

Thanks for your answer Lupin and everything.

14. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

So how do I run the Luma cheats exactly? The instructions say to drag and drop the folder, but nothing on how to use it past that.

15. 2
      austin

austin Loyal Member

What in the hell would you have wanted? These are the standards that everyone references when we talk about CFW. You have some crazy issue with this company, but it isn't about them. It's about you.

You're in every single post that I looked up for info on this, and it's insane behavior.

Sammy_Lee likes this.
    16. 5
      Tolust

Tolust Loyal Member

Can Anyone help, I read and re-read this form and I still can't install CFW .

it's Step 4 I can't get passed

4. While holding the Select, Start, and X buttons, press the power button. When the light comes on, release everything. If you did it right, you should see the Install menu. Select the "Install CFW" option to install CFW, or the "Power Off" option if you were just testing to see if your cart works.

The problem is when I press the power button and let go while still holding start, select and X , nothing happens , it's just in sleep mode, blue light is glowing on/off ( I have NDS XL)

Can Stargate or anyone here PLEASE make a YouTube video just for this "simple" setup because its not as simple as it seems.

17. 15
      SnoWStyle

SnoWStyle Loyal Member

Have you installed CFW files on the SD card of the console (not the linker?)

18. 5
      Tolust

Tolust Loyal Member

Obviously its in the SD card inside the console . Can someone PLEASE make a "HOW TO" video on YouTube,
      I'm not the only one that is having problems with this ( ALOT of people are on google boards and reddit ).. my problem is after pressing all four buttons while it's sleeping with the magnet , NOTHING happens aka doesn't go into CFW install mode... it's now been a week. I'm ready to pull my hair and it's just accept the card for what it is playing DS and 3DS games because the GBA , SNES, NES, etc. built in emu doesn't work in SD mode . this sucks . When is Firmware 2.0 coming out ? .. it's been promised 9 months ago

19. 26
      Lilith Valentine

What I would like to see is a real update from this garage team. They haven't pushed an update since launch and yet people are ok this fact. They are a crap team who pays Gary to promote their products