hit tracker

Requested & Delivered: Easy CFW Install for Stargate 3DS users

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, May 14, 2018.

By GaryOPA on May 14, 2018 at 8:02 PM
  1. 24,896
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Finally, some great news for StarGate 3DS FlashCart owners!
    [​IMG]

People have been waiting for news from Team StarGate, and now we have some to share with you, check it out below:
    Files and documentation can be found in our Official Resource Section HERE on MaxConsole. Please see the README file inside the (7.16mb .7z file) for info. As always, enjoy!

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.stargate-3ds.com/?p=559

Last edited: May 23, 2018 at 10:06 PM

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, May 14, 2018.

1. 6
      Palm Bear

Palm Bear Loyal Member

Since I'm new to all of this, I was hoping someone could answer these 3 quick questions:

• Will installing the Luma CFW erase my current firmware and thus erase the 3DS games I purchased from the E-Shop officially as well?

• Is there any risk of bricking my 3DS using the supplied method?

• Aside from installing emulators and custom themes, are there any other significant benefits reasons to using the Luma CFW?

(I'm not interested in things like installing an internet browser, watching movies (unless they would be in 3D), reading books or listening to music from my 3DS)
      Many thanks for your time

2. 20
      Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

It only took half a year to make this cart do something so basic as to properly work with a CFW. But I guess we can only expext so much from a shit team like the Gateway team.

3. 20
      Lilith Valentine

4. 342
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

This was authorized by Lupin III, so they didn't steal from him.

The Stargate 3DS firmware is still being worked on, expect an update at some point.

I have been enjoying Stargate 3DS with CFW for some time now, this is just for people to be able to install CFW with their Stargate kit and get everything up and running. I'm glad we finally have some Stargate 3DS news.

5. 355
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Gateway will sell then dump there users as usual.

6. 20
      Lilith Valentine

Expect they didn't even bother to credit him and worded the post ambiguous enough to make it sound like it was their own work. That's pretty raw deal that I am shocked anyone would agree to.
      Please don't fall into being another mouthpiece for them like Gary. They've left you hanging for nearly 6 months and they've abandoned Gateway after a year of pretending like they were going to update it. You should really reconsider speaking on their behalf or they will start using you like they do Gary.
      You have someone else's work that you could have been using for a couple of weeks now. This isn't actual news from them, it's someone else's work that they hastily thrown together to pretend like they haven't abandoned this project too.

7. 1
      darkpyro

darkpyro Loyal Member

I have a question if anyone can help. When i say yes to the prompt to install cfw I'm getting a red screen that says "this is your only warning. You want to enable sysnand lvl13 writing permissions. This enables you to overwrite your B9S installation and/or brick your console"

8. 2
      Voltron

Voltron Loyal Member

I love the Stargate 3DS card for its easy of use, but i've problems with this package (Easy CFW Install 1.0) for my old 3DS-XL with firmware 11.6.0-39E. I've followed the istrunctions and successfully installed CFW (i see the strings and i can access Luma3DS options at boot time), but when running Sound Player it starts the stock app and not Homebrew Menu; in stock home i can see only stock app (and the Stargate 3DS in DS mode), not FBI or other app included in this package. I've tried to reinstall CFW and setup configuration, always with success, but nothing happens. What can i do to launch FBI and install cia packages? Thanks

9. 2
      Voltron

Voltron Loyal Member

Problem solved. For those who encounter the same problem, i post what i've done:
      reformatted the sd card and followed instrunctions at this link, excluding SafeB9SInstaller and starting at Section III (Installing boot9strap); then Continue to Finalizing Setup where i follow instrunctions only for FBI and hblauncer_loader. Very clean with only the files that i really need, and of course works like a charme!

Sammy_Lee likes this.
    10. 1
      SnoWStyle

SnoWStyle Loyal Member

Hi there,

I can't get the Install CFW to be installed.
      The magnet is positioned correctly, everytime i try to press Select Start and X, powering up the console : The blue light appear then disapear and nothing seems to happen.

Any clues ?
      Thanks