hit tracker

Retail Pok sun/moon doesn't run in latest GW

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by wildarms, Nov 18, 2016.

1. 11
    wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Got the jap game cartridge and as I have always done until now run with my Emunad GW of my US 3DS and when it runs it says the card has been removed. (when it hasnt) tried my MH4 jp and it works well so i dont think is hardware issues, besides I am not the only one that has this problem.

Was wondering if this is something that could be fixed with a new gateway update? (So that means we would just have to wait) or is it possible that we will have to move to those CFW arm9 and stuff (I'd really prefer to just stay how i am now c_c)

Thanks

Squishxd likes this.
  2. 1
    Squishxd

Squishxd Loyal Member

Signed up just to say I'm in the same boat! Japanese retail cart won't work on my EU o3ds in classic mode.

Any assistance will be much appreciated!

wildarms likes this.
  3. 3
    Atlantis

Atlantis Loyal Member

Signed up for the same reason.
    I have an AU O3DS and an AU Pokemon Sun. Whenever I try to run it in Classic Mode with the retail cart it just goes to a black screen saying it was removed when it wasn't. I have tried backing up the game by dumping it to the SD and running it like a ROM through Gateway mode however when it loads up the game it freezes on first time prep which corrupts the save file. Tried it multiple times and have reinstalled Gateway 3.7.2 but to no avail.
    If anyone has a solution please let us know. I am very much considering simply updating my SYSNAND since my Gateway has not been used in a long time and is simply becoming a nuisance.

4. 5
    intermilan

intermilan Loyal Member

I have known many facing the same situation ,including me. Hope Gateway could provide a version that fix this problem.

5. 11
    wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Darn, at least you have it for your region haha im pretty much screwed, but i didnt really have money to buy a another 3ds when i came to japan, I really do hope GW can update to fix this, dont really want to get into all the new CFW stuff and all the hacking ive seen around when I mainly just want the region lock away.

6. 3
    stevenc1988

stevenc1988 Loyal Member

I have AU3dsxl. I bought both Sun and Moon in AU. Neither of them work on Gateway Classic mode. The icon shows but after you open it shows The Game card was removed, press Home button to return etc.
    Emunand is updated to GW3D 11.2.0-35E. Gateway is 4.2.
    The cartridges are tested on a normal 3ds xl and are loading fine. I also own legal cartridges of pokemon Y and OR, both are working fine in Classic mode. The fault has to be with Gateway Classic mode running sun and moon

7. 10
    vfisher05

vfisher05 Loyal Member

I know the fix to this, but it's not quite working for me so I'd appreciate someone else trying it. The way to play games with new save encryption is to boot gateway mode, press select, and DPAD up. There it shows settings for language, which mode to play it in, and whether to enable an in-game menu. Under mode there are 4 different options: Gateway, classic sysnand, classic 7.x -, and classic 7.x +. You must select classic 7.x+ to be able to run Pokemon Sun or Moon. Some people have gotten this to work, but whenever I select classic 7.x+ it just automatically switches back to classic sysnand and still fails to open the game. If anyone gets this working, I'd appreciate some in depth instructions on how you got it to stay on 7.x+. Thanks.

8. 11
    wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

I just tried this and it doesn't work.

It doesnt changes for me as well like you say but it still changes i think. Because, put the game inside and press select and put just the "gateway" mode and you will see how it not loads the cartridge (and if you press select you will see the mode is again to the classic sysnand one) but if you put any of the other modes the cartridge does appear, even if when you press select and it goes back to the classic sysnand mode.

But yeah... I am not sure of course but when i put 7.x+ it isnt working (but when i press select after 7.x+ the mode is again in classic sysnand so im not sure of what is happening)

9. 5
    intermilan

intermilan Loyal Member

I have tried it before in fact. It didn't work and I nearly tried all the solutions I can do. Finally I am here to post.-.-

10. 4
    megidolaon

megidolaon Loyal Member

I have another issue and don't know if it's related.

I purchased a legit copy of Sun and extracted a rom from it. After starting the game it would freeze while initializing saved data. The retail cartridge runs fine on classic sysnand, though without the benefit of the GW ingame menu.

N3DS 9.2U, GW-11.2U, GW Ultra 4.2b, HBL

11. 5
    intermilan

intermilan Loyal Member

not related I am quite sure. Since I have known many others playing using Gateway Classic Mode on N3DS without any error. The 'removed' situation seems only occurs when we o3DS try to enjoy the new Pokemon. Maybe you just need to delete the old saved date?

12. 357
    Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

No idea waiting to hear from Gateway

13. 3
    Atlantis

Atlantis Loyal Member

Quite frankly, I have been disappointed with Gateway in the recent past, it just always seems to be behind the curve when it comes to support.

I have come to a solution however I have to preempt that it does not involve Gateway but rather employs the use of CFW directly on the SD. However it was actually quite a simple process and it did not take very long to get set up, maybe around 1.5 - 2hrs?
    In any case I followed this very noob friendly guide: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

After following that to a tee I was able set up arm9loader with Luma3ds that runs on the SYSNAND.
    There are a lot of nifty features to it but in short it lets me run my retail copy of Pokemon Sun with no issues.
    Hopefully this helps you guys if you choose to go down this route.

14. 1
    Nacho

Nacho Loyal Member

Can this still be used with the gateway? Also, I've seen videos that show tutorials with the N3DS and not the O3DS. How do you run the games without the SD card slot since I don't have this available to me on my 3DS.

15. 3
    Atlantis

Atlantis Loyal Member

I have not used the Gateway since installing a CFW, I'm just going to avoid it unless I really need to use it. Are you sure you do not have a SD card slot on your O3DS? I am under the impression all of them should have one, otherwise your 3DS will not function. It can be found on the right side next to your stylus.

16. 14
    Alistair

Alistair Loyal Member

I may have a solution for you guys to try.

Latest Gateway firmware 3.7.2 on a 3DSXL 9.2 emunand 11.2

1) Be sure to convert your micro SD card fat32>exfat (avoid 4Gb limitation)
    2) Clear your corrupt save data on your SD card, clear your extra data in your 3DS setting> program data>3DS>Pokemon sun or moon
    3) Drag your untouched rom of pokemon on the card1to2.exe program and press 1
    4) Open Gateway Rom Patcher 1.2, load your rom and choose "clear header"
    5) Copy your rom on your micro sd card and launch !

Hope it works for you too [​IMG]

Links here : GW Rom patcher 1.2 : https://mega.nz/#!GUJyHCqZ!fw1WGosTo...ssgsY1EEbFFtJ4

Card1to2 : https://filetrip.net/dl?deY8GQks8v

17. 7
    Homework9293

Homework9293 Loyal Member

Also having this issue, would like to know how to fix this as now my data is corrupted and I can't get it fixed.

18. 3
    stevenc1988

stevenc1988 Loyal Member

not really related to this topic tbh, topic is for retail version of game. Still props for info though

19. 11
    wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Yeah, people here would like to play it directly from the original cartridge.

Anyway, haven't solved the issue but if you have space in your SD, dump the game with the gateway dumper and turning the rom into CIA works without problems. Well at least I can carry it around digitally

20. 1
    Spectre

Spectre Loyal Member

Hello, having the same problem here! And waiting for the GW team to help us. both, my retail game and the O3ds are US region and I get the "Game card was removed " error. Please Gateway, Pokemon is an important game and we need to play it as soon as possible. Many people advanced through the game but us....Thanks in advance.