hit tracker

RetroArch Official Build Support Thread

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by gDrive, Jan 25, 2013.

1. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Frontpaged! :D

Gonna add your/pete_uk/Captain CPS-X/Squarepusher/Themaister's repack on SnesORama and Emuparadise too - bear with me. :)

2. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
    LMAO
    Ok thats embarrassing :p
    Cheers for that Pete!!

3. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

LoL its actually the Pete_uk/CaptainCPS-X/STL and of course TwinAphex PKG :)

I repacked
    Pete_uk Compiled the Snes core
    CaptainCPS-X signed the eboot for 3.40-4.xx :)

Then twinaphex aka squarepusher everything else :) (inclusing the development of such a great app :) ) truly a group effort on that PKG lol

4. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

I can't do anything about shader performance - most of the GPUs in Android tablets/phones suck right now compared to the PS3's RSX/360's Xenos. Your 'quad-core GPU' might sound impressive but when you consider that your RSX inside the PS3 is more like 72 cores or so, it really puts it into perspective how far behind it really is.

Anyway - the Tegra 4 is supposed to have a 72-core GPU - so perhaps that will finally put it at parity with something like a PS3 RSX. Until then, performance of most of the hardcore shaders is going to suck - we need to wait on better hardware that can do the job. Luckily Moore's Law still applies in mobile land so the wait might not be all that long.

As for prboom - you know you can set the FPS inside the game, right? Go to Setup - Setup and there should be an 'FPS' option there. You can set it to 35, 40, 50, or even 60fps (previously this had never been possible on Doom before - it was always running at 35fps regardless - even on something like prBoom where it used 'fakery' to 'simulate' an 'uncapped FPS' which it really was not). So this libretro prboom port is unique in that respect.

5. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

CaptainCPS-X Loyal Member

Computer Technician
    In case anyone is interested, just posted this at: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?p=530898#post530898

SeeYa!
    :D

6. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Here you have guys! a R2 release (just a re-pack xD), fixes issues on fresh installations of RetroArch v0.9.8

Download:

[mediafire] RetroArch_v0.9.8_PS3_UNOFFICIAL_R2_[CFW_340_4XX][CaptainCPS-X].rar [9.63MB]

I have tested this myself with a clean RetroArch install then updating it as mentioned on the instructions, and no problem so far :).

SeeYa!

7. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Here you have it, I made 2 packs for manual installation compatible with multiMAN Stealth edition (or if you just don't want to have the icon on the XMB, LOL).

Download these files and keep reading for further instructions:

1- [mediafire] RetroArch_v0.9.8_mmStealth.zip [~30 MB]
    2- [mediafire] RetroArch_v0.9.8_unofficial_R2_capcpsx_mmStealh.zip [~10 MB]

Manual Install for multiMAN Stealth:

1- Launch multiMAN Stealth's file manager.
    2- Extract "RetroArch_v0.9.8_mmStealth.zip" anywhere you like.
    3- Select / Press (X) twice over the extracted "PS3~dev_hdd0~game~SSNE10000.zip".
    4- Extract "RetroArch_v0.9.8_unofficial_R2_capcpsx_mmStealh.zip" anywhere you like
    5- Select / Press (X) twice over the extracted "PS3~dev_hdd0~game~SSNE10000.zip"
    6- Enjoy!

SeeYa!

8. 12
    dmcbudman

dmcbudman Loyal Member

is it just me or is only nes,snes&gen working from multiman?

9. 14
    Portnyashka

Portnyashka Loyal Member

1. So this release is compatible with MM CEX, isn't it?
    2. And what is the right way to delete it in case switching to official build in the future?

10. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Read more here:

http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/thre...ader)-v1-00-(CFW-3-40-4-XX)?p=67053#post67053

SeeYa!

11. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

OK folks, new version of RetroArch coming in before the new weekend hits (probably). Took care of some of the major showstopping bugs (the menu/ingame toggle), fixed issues in Mednafen PCE Fast, fixed Wonderswan core (probably broken right now in the released 0.9.8), fixed a big bug in FBA (I was aware of this bug but I regrettably felt like I had to ship it in a broken condition the last time just to finally have something out for Android).

CaptainCPS-x - saw your FB-L frontloader - I liked the skin so I put in a 'Menu Skin' option - with this, you can select a different background for the menu. I'll also include your skin with RetroArch 0.9.8.1. BTW - as for the 'prettier ROM names' for FBA - I think I will have a solution for that (for the next point release - so not 0.9.8.1) that won't involve a second loader. But for now, if people really want the list, they can go that route I guess.

Also - it seems a lot of you like these emus still 'standalone' in a sense so that you can select the core from the XMB instead of selecting it from RetroArch - perhaps somebody (CaptainCPS-x, doobz or anybody?) - perhaps we could come up with a solution for this so that the user can choose between having it either standalone or all as part of one big multi-emu thing where you 'switch cores'. I think doobz previously came with that idea and I think he even distributed some standalone versions of RetroArch on ps3hax - so we could look into providing both for 0.9.9.

12. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    Sounds awesome Twinaphex :)

EDIT: Btw, FBA-RL does a couple of other things as well, like select the proper game aspect ratio on boot, and I already implemented code to load a specified input preset configuration file on game load as well, so users don't have to go to the input options every time to select the input preset (it will be fully implemented on FBA-RL on a future release), and I am currently working on a module to verify romsets that will mark them in 'red' if they have missing ROMs, when the user press (/\) a dialog will come up with a list of missing / incorrect files on the romset. In short words I'm adding some small features to make it easier to just load a game and play.

Maybe a start up menu can be made to select the core we actually want to use, and depending on user selection we can boot it up with all the features specifically set for that Core (specific core skin, specific core input labels, options for that specific core, etc...)

The boot up menu could be made look something like this, but with each core logo:

[​IMG]

SeeYa!

13. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

There is an Auto Aspect Ratio mode in RetroArch already that does this. There's also a 'Core' Aspect Ratio mode that should do exactly what you want - 'Auto' uses a built-in algorithm to arrive at the 'ideal' aspect ratio, 'Core' uses the one provided by the libretro core itself.

We had this working on RetroArch Wii already when we launched RetroArch 0.9.7 - I could easily put it into RetroArch PS3 as well.

14. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

I am not going to be making 'logo pics' for each and every core that is going to get added (or, for that matter, this kind of 'unnecessary' GUI bootup menu) - this is unsustainable and there will be plenty of cores added to the next upcoming release (0.9.9). A text-based core selection screen with a simple skin would more than suffice here.

But really, what is the difference between that and selecting the core ingame? I still don't see what the great objection here is to the way I currently do things.

15. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
    I used to be all about the "bling" now Im used to RetroArch in its current form, I doubt Id ever go back to that

16. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Just a few corrections:

I was the one who started the standalones (Remember i asked you if that was okay b4 :) ).

Anyhow the ones on ps3hax are done by LoboGuara and only him (doobz had nothing to do with those). He created his after seeing mine. Why he created a second set i do not know. personally makes no sense. but anyway there have been massive issues i have seen in his.

In 0.9.7 he made some huge mistakes where he used the same content ID on multiple standalones meaning they would just install over one and another. Then that content ID was the same as Robo Hobo's Mednafen port so that would install over that as well. I sounded the alarm and he corrected those.

in 0.9.8 he released some recently and some of the same mistakes arise though not as serious but still problematic IMO. Where the same contentID is being used as older emu ports not done by you. just one Example of many: gambatte by robo hobo, he is using that contentID and artwork from his release. To me that is not a good idea. Unlikely but if robo hobo would come back and update his ports then those would just install over one and another. Also one canT compared the two to see how much better RA ports are since they have been updated and maintained :), unlike some of the older stuff by other devs. I just think someone shouldn't use someone else's contentIDs and artwork. A new contentID should always be used

I have spoken with loboguara in the recent days and shared with him the things i feel are wrong and he agrees after i pointed them out and explained. he says he will be redoing them.. Hopefully he does or take his down. i think he is a guy who truly wants to help but just doesnt realize how things work such as contentIDs. but you still have to give credit to people who do help out with such things. so he deserves some credit in that regard.

I personally have been waiting for the standalones until we have the new 0.9.8.1 release..

Personally I like the official setup over the standalones, but i wanted to make those because some users have expressed to use the older standalones just because they are standalones. So to get more people on the RetroArch train (because its the best ride in town) i wanted to not longer have that as an excuse out there :) ..

--------------

One way to do the standalones possiably:

would be have the official Setup multi-System then each standalone installed with the CFG file pointing to each core. So you dont have to have multiple cores installed. So a person could have the official multi setup then as well as the standalones.

Meaning official RA would be on the XMB with the standalones but one set of cores in the SSNE1000 folder, that the standalones point to.

but this would require both installed obviosuly. (RA multi & RA standalones)

------------------------------

Also here is a wood style-- Main-Menu RetroArch menu.. anyone is welcome to use. I have a few version i am working on. :) (a few metal ones some different wood ones ect..)

but here is the first one

View attachment 3704

EDIT THIS DONT WORK USE THE ONE A FEW POST BELOW

Rename to main-menu.png and place in borders folder

Also feedback is welcome you can tell me how much it sucks, or what you dont like :)

17. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

Computer Technician
    I understand Twinaphex, I respect your opinion, I was just throwing a few personal ideas :)

In my opinion, these days people like being able to customize whatever they use in a constant basis, so that is one of my objectives in FB Alpha RL, to maintain the spirit of the original Windows FB Alpha, were you have many options to customize the playing experience, and even before you play, you have the application experience that provides a Driver Information database that has been carefully built over the time and look at information about the game (Year, Company, Notes, etc), view a Title Screen image, In-Game preview image and you can even see ROM information with details about Files, CRC32, Flags, etc.

I'll keep working on FB Alpha RL, and if I see that most people doesn't find the need for it, then I guess it will be time to move on to another project.

SeeYa!

18. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

I'll throw that new pic of yours in as well.

BTW - don't take any of my words as discouragement for your own FB Alpha RL - on the contrary - I fully support people making their own frontends if the current one is not to their satisfaction. I'm just trying to pull as many things upstream as I can so that the main RetroArch can be improved as well.

EDIT: That new pic of yours doesn't seem to work - the previous one you did worked though, so that's at least included:

Dangwoot - nah, no hard feelings I guess.

19. 0
    dangwoot

dangwoot Guest

great job as usual twin and hopefully no hard feelings about before?

20. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

You are right twin that new pic isnt working. The other version I did worked. witch was a minor edit from this one (made RA logo bigger). I will see what the issue is. Will upload a new one. here in a few

Update

View attachment 3705

this one works :)

also
    The previous one was by CaptainCPS-X this one was done by me. :)