hit tracker

RetroArch Official Build Support Thread

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by gDrive, Jan 25, 2013.

1. 0
    dangwoot

dangwoot Guest

you guys are speedy :D
    but yeah i'm just trying to make peace with everyone lol i'm sick of the drama,
    and for those wondering no i'm not dying lmao

2. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

What was wrong with the original Pic? I tried to make one, but it didn't show up in the Emulator either?

3. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Wasn't sure. but i think if its .PNG instead of .png it wont work. (but i think the first image had some other issues also, not sure)

i am using GIMP so i just reopened the image, exported to a png image. then in multiMAN changed the capital Extension to lowercase and it worked. As gimp makes it a capital extension.

here is another
    I tested this one and it works did a minor edit after but should still work.

View attachment 3708

Metal with black-wood BG. I have a bunch more ideas.. so may make a big pack of these in the coming days or later tonight.

Download pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e28293mzwmu81u8

4. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

I can confirm your skin works and looks brilliant :)

5. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

6. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

Posted a new version on xbins.

I'm leaving it up to CaptainCPS-X this time to make a resigned version for 4.20/4.30. Just release this one for me as if it came from the official 'source' - ie. just a resigning.

7. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Cheers Twinaphex.

I will be frontpaging the updated release as soon as I can! :)

8. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

Well this was the one I was messing with. I still cant get it to show up in Retroarch and TBH I've had a guts full of trying :)
    (and because it wont show up I cant tell if it matches with the text of the Emu)

STLcardsWS you can try to get it to show if you want :p

View attachment 3710

9. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

i will try and see.

I cant figure out why some are showing and other are not. I also have a fix to the wood one it was a bit close to the text on the bottom the white bar

Update:

Try this I got it to show.

View attachment 3711

Ploggy yours looks great but there is some issues with the text.

Also i made a fix on my wood one, the white bar was touching the bottom text a bit. now there is some space.

Here is mine in a pack here fixed
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o7xj23bof40chwz

10. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

Just tried your Wood Skin now and everything fits perfect :) I think it's going to be my default :)
    How did you manage to fix my pic? you said you use GIMP, What setting do you use to export?

Thanks..

11. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Glad you liked the wood one :) i may do a few varations of that one. I have alot of wood samples to use.

Well on yours i cheated a bit.
    I knew the wood one worked so i just opened it up cut everything then opened yours cut and copied then pasted on the wood one hit overwrite.

I cant figure out why some wont work and why others are. i will have to play around with it a bit.

12. 189
    Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

Thanks mate. I've remade my one, but I may have gone over the top with the effects lol (I dont normally make skins and that so I was experimenting abit.) :playful:

What do you think..
    View attachment 3712

(Still not sure if the text fits correctly) lol

13. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

CaptainCPS-X Loyal Member

Computer Technician
    It is always a pleasure :)

Btw, when I resigned everything, I noticed name changes of the cores, some doesn't match the naming in your previous official releases (Ex. fba.SELF was fb_alpha.SELF before), so people will need to make a fresh install to avoid having "new" extra cores listed.

Just in case I took the liberty to make 2 packs, one with the new names, and one that is in accordance to your previous release :).

I will be releasing in a few minutes :) Thanks Twinaphex!

SeeYa!
    :D

14. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

Go with the old ones - I think that makes more sense at least. No need to have two duplicate packs when one will do just fine.

15. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

16. 54
    CaptainCPS-X

CaptainCPS-X Loyal Member

Computer Technician
    Here you have :)

http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/thre...8-1-(PS3-CEX-CFW-3-40-4-XX)?p=67226#post67226

PS: @Twinaphex, Here you have the code I modified to fix the issue with multiMAN or external launchers not booting games directly. Basically the problem is around platform_ps3.c:

On "static void get_environment_settings(int argc, char *argv[])" the following is set correctly...
    Code:
     g_extern.lifecycle_mode_state |= (1ULL << MODE_EXTLAUNCH_MULTIMAN);

But then when "static void system_process_args(int argc, char *argv[])" is called the flag is no longer set, and results in RetroArch loading as if it was launched from XMB. To fix this I made a static global boolean "g_bExtLaunchMM" in platform_ps3.c, then when "get_environment_settings()" is called and this is set to true, avoiding any external function / module to accidentally remove my custom boolean flag:

* Add before "get_environment_settings()"

Code:
    bool g_bExtLaunchMM = false;

* Modify "get_environment_settings()"

Code:
       if(path_file_exists(default_paths.multiman_self_file) && argc > 1 &&  path_file_exists(argv[1]))
       {
          g_bExtLaunchMM = true;
          RARCH_LOG("Started from multiMAN, auto-game start enabled.\n");
       }

* Modify "system_process_args()"

Code:
    static void system_process_args(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    #ifdef HAVE_MULTIMAN

//if (g_extern.lifecycle_mode_state & (1ULL << MODE_EXTLAUNCH_MULTIMAN))
       if(g_bExtLaunchMM == true)
       {

RARCH_LOG("Started from multiMAN, will auto-start game.\n");
          strlcpy(g_extern.fullpath, argv[1], sizeof(g_extern.fullpath));

g_extern.lifecycle_mode_state &= ~(1ULL << MODE_MENU);
          g_extern.lifecycle_mode_state |= (1ULL << MODE_INIT);
       }
    #endif
    }

That is how I solved the issue temporally until it is known why the original flag is being reset.

SeeYa!
    :D

17. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

I accidentally was 'resetting ' lifecycle_mode_state in settings.c - I fixed that now by not setting lifecycle_mode_state to 0 at all.

So hopefully this will work.

What I'll do now is do a 'ninja fix' - replace the old ZIPs on xbins with this new one - AND try to use the old filenames this time. I'll post here when it's done.

18. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

I just got around to testing 0.9.8.1. (been busy -- fresh install)

It doesn't work (the re-signed one) on 4.21.2 rebug. boots back to xmb.

It appears only one line is written in the CFG file as well

19. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

I'll hold off on releasing the ninja fix until you guys can get the resigned version to work properly then.

I really can't be bothered with this signing shit post-3.55.

BTW - somebody is telling me that the resigned packaged version includes a retroarch.cfg file.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. It generates a new one by itself.

Try to see if that fixes the issue - by getting rid of it before booting it first.

If that fixes it, then a new repack version is in order.

OK, I now hear from people that it only works if you start Multiman up first. Captain-CPSX - did you edit something in the code -did you add that Multiman hack or something?

Man what a big mess this is - can you guys sort this out yourselves by making a repack that WORKS or do I really have to get involved with every single firmware revision under the sun? I can't go to 4.31 CEX or whatever it is you guys are using - I need my debug functionality.

Pete_uk -perhaps you can help out here?

20. 1
    moskivirit

moskivirit Loyal Member

Hey, Captain-CPSX, did you by any chance try signing the cores with scetool? if this is the case, then cores error if you have done a coldboot. You need to use make_self_wc.exe for the cores to start up at coldboot correctly. Cores signed with scetool seem to work fine after you have loaded multiman or rebug toolbox once. From the testing i've done, only the EBOOT.BIN from the official pkg needs resigning for it to work on higher fw, not the cores. Why not create a patch package like you did before, that only overwrites the eboot.bin ? should be easier for everyone :)

greets,
    doobz