hit tracker

RetroArch Official Build Support Thread

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew Corner' started by gDrive, Jan 25, 2013.

1. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

Try one of the button combos - they're listed in the Cores Manual PDF that comes packaged with the release.

NOTE - they differ depending on system. That's unfortunately just the way FBA hooks them up, so nothing I can do about it. For CPS1/CPS2/CPS3 - it's Start + Select + L1 + R1 + L2 + R2.

2. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Right - I'm going to move this thread into the Retro Emulators forum section ASAP (http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/forums/12-Retro-Emulators) as the current forum this thread is in is only meant for news posts and any basic comments relating to the news post(s), and to make matters even worse, there's two news posts of the same thing which is pathetic, so I am going to move this thread into the Retro Emulators forum and then I will rename it to "RetroArch Official Build Support Thread", or something like that.

3. 354
    retro4ever

retro4ever Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

I didn't get one mate. All I got in the zip when I downloaded it was a tools folder, two executable files,
    config files, and the required .dll files.

I've just tried the button combo with Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike,
    it still didn't work.

4. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

You must be using an old version then (does it say 0.9.8.2?) - because Start + Selct + L1 + R1 + L2 + R2 should definitely bring you to the 'Service menu' on those two games.

Note - you need to do it ingame as well.

Here is a link to the Cores Manual PDF -

http://libretro.org/documents/retroarch-cores-manual.pdf

5. 354
    retro4ever

retro4ever Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

It's 0.9.8 and it is the 64 bit version which I got from here:

http://themaister.net/retroarch.html

When I click on update and then check version it says that RetroArch is up to date.

6. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

Oh, you're using the PC version?

Yeah well, the Update Service is always lagging behind so you're likely using an old version of FBA - I really have to find a couple of guys that are committed to updating it every time.

Anyway, I'll try to see what I can do there to improve the distribution flow.

7. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
    That reminds me, Twinaphex.. I got the NeoGeo games working on the PC version.
    The PS3 shader pack seemed to crash it, used the pack from the Android release, Direct3D and it worked.
    However having certain shaders running first would still crash it
    eg 5xbr as first shader and HQ4x as second would crash but HQ4x as first and 5xbr as second would run ok :)

8. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

Yeah, it seems the xBR shader family set seems to be problematic on PC - I should inform Hyllian about it.

You can try if the xBR 3.7 versions work - perhaps it's just the 3.8 versions that are problematic on PC.

9. 50
    PS3emulators

PS3emulators Loyal Member

(FBA libretto ps3 v0.9.8.1) currently uses 0.2.97.28 romset? It supports 7z format? I just tried 0.2.97.26 and it worked! We also want to inform that most CRT shaders are broken. thank you!

10. 86
    Twinaphex

Twinaphex Loyal Member

No it doesn't. And I'm not likely to include support for it either. Stick to zip please.

11. 50
    PS3emulators

ok! but i need to use 0.2.97.28 or 0.2.97.26? Thanks for the quick response!

12. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

Some ROMs from .26 may work but really you need the 0.2.97.28 set.

13. 50
    PS3emulators

ok! I'm compressing all my romset (0.2.97.28) for extension .Zip

14. 12
    dmcbudman

dmcbudman Loyal Member

7zip to zip?
    i got a script for that, like to hear it here it go

Code:
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]@echo off[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]SET ConvertFrom=zip[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]SET ConvertTo=7z[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]IF NOT EXIST *.zip SET ConvertFrom=7z[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]IF NOT EXIST *.zip SET ConvertTo=zip[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]md temp[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]md done[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]:LOOP[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]FOR %%i IN (.\*.%ConvertFrom%) DO (SET varx="%%~ni")[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]IF NOT EXIST %varx%.%ConvertFrom% GOTO END[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]move %varx%.%ConvertFrom% .\temp\[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]cd temp[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]"c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e %varx%.%ConvertFrom%[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]attrib -r *[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]attrib +a *[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]del %varx%.%ConvertFrom% /Q[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]"c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a -mx9 -mmt %varx%.%ConvertTo% *[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]move %varx%.%ConvertTo% .\..\done\[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]del * /Q[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]cd..[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]GOTO LOOP[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]:END[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]rd temp[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]cd done[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]move * .\..\[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]cd..[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Lucida Grande]rd done[/FONT][/COLOR]
    it also does zip to 7zip (not sure what method)

[edit]
    oops your post was two days ago, prolly dont need this
    [/edit]

15. 65
    JediKnight007

JediKnight007 Loyal Member

Grocery store stocker,MILF hunter, cougar bait
    According to the git, RetroArch has been updated to 0.9.9 WIP3 (though not the PS3 yet). Can't be too long now 'till the next release...

Oh, and has anyone seen this?

https://github.com/r-type/libretro-fmsx

Recently I've become motivated to play Metal Gear 2 on MSX2 (Snake's Revenge on NES is not an "official" Metal Gear game). So I tried a few DOS emus on PS3 DOSBox, but they run very slow. Then I stumbled on PS3 WinDos, but that version of fMSX is for Win95, not Win 3.1 (unless there's some way to get it to run). Hopefully, this will be included in the next release, even if it's only "experimental".

16. 50
    PS3emulators

All I want is MAME working perfectly on ps3! But it seems that the project MAME0.78 is not yet ready for release. Mortal Kombat I II III and killer instinct would be great!

17. 65
    JediKnight007

JediKnight007 Loyal Member

Grocery store stocker,MILF hunter, cougar bait
    Squarepusher has said that the MAME port to libreto has been on and off in development for about a year, so I wouldn't get too anxious - at least the iMAMEforall core in version 0.9.8 beta3 (I think) plays MK2 and UMK3.

Killer Instinct was one of the first arcade games to use a hard drive - I don't know if CHD support would be a priority. The SNES version is a decent port, considering the hardware limitations. It's also the one fighting game I can safely say I am a certified master in. :)

Retro gaming for me begins with the NES and arcade games from that era. So along with the MSX, I've become interested in "other" systems from that time - Colecovision, the various Ataris, Commodore 64. VICE is supposed to eventually be ported to libreto, as well.

18. 50
    PS3emulators

I tried MK2 in imame4ALL but the sound is terrible! It's a shame we do not have these classic running perfectly on ps3 but Twinaphex seems to be working on MAME078 yes! The last change was on May 5, 2013.

19. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

I haven't played MK II in a long while with Imame4all core. but i believe you just need to turn up the speakers loud.(all midway games are like this on that core) then it's fine if memory serves me right. (though it could be missing some sounds effects, Its been awhile since i used that core for that title.)

Imame4all core is done for the PS3 there will not be any improvements on that core. Was targeted for lower end systems not the PS3. There is the MAME 0.78 core. That will be the future MAME core for the PS3 (on RetroArch).

20. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

I am currently compiling the latest version of RetroArch PS3 and the cores (Including some new ones ;))

I will post it once I have tested it.