hit tracker

Rumor: Nintendo developing cartridge to allow using 3DS as an alternate GamePad

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 5, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Jan 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM
  1. 25,329
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    New way to control Wii U in the works?

[​IMG]

According to Nintendo Master, Nintendo is working hard into creating a cartridge that allows streaming between the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U.

According to French gaming site Nintendo Master, Nintendo is developing a new cartridge prototype that will allow streaming between the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS.

Apparently, by using both the special cartridge and the Circle Pad Pro, the handheld could function as a Wii U GamePad.

[​IMG]

The site says the cart is going to be released later this year.

Of course, this is just a rumor, but perhaps its release could be in preparation for games that will arrive to both platforms, like Super Smash Bros. 4 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

What do you think?

NEWS SOURCE #1: Rumor Nintendo working on catridge to allow 3DS to act as second Wii-U gamepad (via) WiiUDaily
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Rumour Nintendo may be working on a cartridge to allow streaming between 3DS and Wii-U (via) NeoSeeker

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

It sounds cool to me, not sure how much it will be used since it sort of falls into that add in territory but it also might side step it a bit since if its only being used as a controller? That would be pretty cool.

Now if they do want to add something to this, please let it playback movies and crap in 3D, that would make it worth buying.

2. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I wonder if this could be used to allow playing games purely on the 3ds even with touchpad games? i.e. the top screen would be the game while the bottom would be what's on the touchpad.

That way any Wii U game can be played with a TV which could be handy if you have young kids and the console in the living room.

3. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      why would you want to use a 3ds as an additional controller, when the 3ds needs and additional addon to allow it to play its own games as intended.

4. 388
      Darkest_RaVeN

Darkest_RaVeN Loyal Member

IT Infrastructure professional
      Nice idea

No it doesn't. All 3DS games work just fine with the console on its own. The additional circle pad just gives an extra stick that allows a few games (nine I think) on the market an alternative control method. No single game 'requires' it. If you're starting another trolling attempt against Nintendo, I'll add in defence (not that it needs any defending) the Vita also requires an additional addon to allow it to play its own games as intended - A userbase.

Anyway, I do agree with the comment that it could make a substitute for both tablet (it's not called an iFad, as Apple already make those) and TV in one unit. It could also be a cheaper solution to buying an additional tablet when the games that support two arrive, for those who already own a 3DS at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    5. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
      Good Question, LoL...
      Also, the bottom touch 3Ds screen is not Widescreen like the GamePad, some stuff wont appear properly and must be trimmed
      hmmm, it will be interesting to see how Nintendo will do that.

Aldo, we just got a Wii U for the family, I must say, Nintendo Land is so fun :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    6. 25,329
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      You forgot about the new 3DSXL -- maybe they plan for it to only work on that model. -- the other thing i can see if a link type, there is rumors of that also, you buy a 3DS game and because you have a similar game on the Wii, you can share items, etc. -- Unlock stuff, search for the news about a month ago, but bringing back the GBA to Gamecube link cabe!

7. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      its not a trolling, its pointing out the facts that nintendo fans dont like so you call it trolling, end of the day nintendo release a handheld and knew if they didnt include the secondary circle pad, they could charge extra for the addon to play these games, just like the 3ds xl not including a charger, again forcing more money out of your pocket.

but i guess pointing out faults is trolling pmfsl

8. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

I have big hands and the Wii U Gamepad accommodates that. I can't play the 3DS for very long due to its small size. The 3DS alternate gamepad as a solution does not work for me. It would decrease my play time on the Wii U as a result. So, I'd never even consider it as an option.