hit tracker

Running GW Launcher from Homebrew Launcher

Discussion in 'Useful Tools & Tutorials' started by bjoerngiesler, Jun 3, 2017.

1. 4
    bjoerngiesler

bjoerngiesler Loyal Member

Hi,

newbie alert...

I have a New 3DS (SysNAND at 11.2.0-35J) with boot9strap/Luma9DS, an EmuNAND at 9.2.0-20E, and HB Launcher installed. There are no additional hax installed in the EmuNAND.

I would like to run GW Menu from HBL, so I installed the Gateway Launcher.dat and 3dsx file. Unfortunately, running "Gateway" from the HBL menu gives me a red screen, then a black screen, and then hangs.

Am I doing something wrong / have I understood something wrong? Should this work?

Kind regards
    Björn

2. 4
    bjoerngiesler

Bump... I have by now downgraded my SysNAND, so my N3DS is now at 9.2.0-20E, boot9strap/Luma9DS, HB launcher installed. Running Gateway shows the same results as above. ?

As it is, my Gateway cards are pretty useless to me...

3. 25,697
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    This is currently the best way to use GW with Luma on older Sysnand with B9S:

~How to get GW working on B9S w/ Luma3DS Chainloader~

You still are required to be on 11.2 or below for this to work.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

4. 4
    bjoerngiesler

Wow, thanks for the link and this info. I followed the tutorial and this does indeed open the Gateway menu, and it asks me to press L+R+Select to boot into SysNAND...

...and then, black screen.

:-(

Could there be something wrong with my SysNAND that causes this? Possibly set up an EmuNAND?

5. 4
    bjoerngiesler

OK, setup an EmuNAND (w/Gateway menu, just to prove I can). Luma lets me boot into it too. But if I try to boot it from Gateway menu, the system freezes.

I deleted boot.firm and rw/luma from the EmuNAND, which from what I can tell from 3ds.guide are the only differences my EmuNAND has from a stock 9.2.0-20E, but that didn't make a difference either.

?