hit tracker

Samurai Warriors 4 black screen of death / no error message at all

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ISO's) Discussion' started by TarAnTani, Oct 31, 2014.

1. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

I'm a technical drawer, I draw heavy stuff.
    Ok ppl I'm again in need of help.
    As the title already says, samurai warriors 4 is making trouble.
    I've used the fix fugazi has released, both 3.55 and 4.21 and resigned them.
    Both of them give upon loading the title a black screen of death, not even an error message, nothing.
    The original eboot did not let itself decrypt even though I used the latest dec_klic file from aldos tools.
    Again I believe that this one can be fixed like Warriors Orochi, structure is very similar, again an edat in the usrdir which is fixed in fugazis release.

Ok here is the samurai warriors 4 psn link (sry no RAP, I don't have it):
    Maybe someone more capable then me could look into this one?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  2. 1
    xias000

xias000 Loyal Member

I got the same problem. I think we need either the rap file. Or the rif file, which we would turn into a rap file and install using reactpsn. I had the same problem with dragon's dogma psn ver too. Once I downloaded the rap using psnstuff and activated it. I had no problems with dragon's dogma since then. So I'm kinda leaning towards us needing a rap file for Samurai Warriors 4. By the way the Samurai Warriors 4 doesn't show up in psnstuff. It's too new I think. No one has upped it to psnstuff's database. If anyone has the rif or rap file for this game, please up it to somewhere. Thanks in advance!

3. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

Sry mate but I think you're in the wrong sub forum, this here is for ODE users, that mostly means OFW.
    Tell me how do you get reactpsn to run on an OFW machine?
    Even if we had the RAP, it would be useless for all of us guys with ODE's. The only thing you can do with the RAP is to unlock the key.edat which is already unlocked in the fix from fugazi, so its useless for us ODE guys.

Again this is like warriors orochi 3 ultimate but that one actually gave an error message, this one here is slightly more annoying.
    Anyone got the original eboot to decrypt?

Klic_bruteforcer told me that the dev_klic would be this:
    But scetool -i screams it wants this license:
    which would be (looked up in the dev_klic.txt from aldos:
    But neither of them let me decrypt the eboot. *slightly annoyed :/*
    Any ideas?

4. 229
    bigjokker

bigjokker Loyal Member

I always thought PSN games with edats could not be used on ODEs. I googled around a little and I found working Rain and Valiant Heart games. Was looking for a Full version of Child of Light a game that edat needs to be put in PS3 / dev_hdd0 / home / 00000001 / exdata folder. But I found a Chinese site that said they had it working on ODE but the link was old and not working anymore.Its in chinese but here is the site -link removed .Now I'm starting to think any game is playable just takes a lot more effort.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  5. 266
    happydance

happydance Loyal Member

huh? I just decrypted the eboot from the fix with PS3 tools and gave me a 8mb elf with no problems

6. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

@bigjokker
    ALMOST any game is playable, only excuse are those where you have to download the trial/demo version and than unlock the game with an unlock edat. Those edats DON'T go into the game folder where we would have access, they sit them self somewhere else where we can't place the cracked unlock edat. -_-

@happydance
    Uhm the eboot from the fix I also got to decrypt, hence I did resign them. -_-
    No I mean the ogrinal eboot from the official 11GB pkg.

Tonight I think I will try to "manually-install" the game on the internal hard drive with the fixed eboot, and just try it out with different fixed eboots, might solve the problem, might not. -_-

7. 62
    duredure

duredure Loyal Member

I hope someday be able to play my wizardry labyrinth of lost souls and castlevania harmony of despair.
    both have edat files =s

8. 436
    Jock O'Strap

Jock O'Strap Loyal Member

@TarAnTani, maybe I misunderstood your intent?, but rap files are also used to decrypt npdrm (psn) eboots.

9. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

Hi Jock O'Strap, no you did not misunderstand me, I wan't to decrypt the original eboot. Ok if the rap is needed then I must google again, maybe I will find it. :/

About my tries, I unpacked the pkg and manually installed it in the game directory, created the directory NPUB31564 with multiman 4.50, copied the fixed edat into it and also the resigned 4.21 fixed eboot AND bam it gave an error message: 80029530 (which it did not do before, see title).
    My second try was the unresigned 4.21 fixed eboot, AND bam the same error.
    My third try was the resigned 3.55 fixed eboot and also the same error.
    And last but not least the unresigned 3.55 fixed eboot and also the same error.

Also I'm familiar with the 80029530 error, its somehow an old acquaintance of mine :p which bugged me back then with WO3U, and it can be solved by properly resigning the eboot (but the question is with what settings).

So does somebody know how to deal with this nasty error?

10. 266
    happydance

happydance Loyal Member

finally manage to make this work but you need to install the game on internal HDD and delete the eboot... grab the key.edat and replace the one on the install DIR (dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31564/USRDIR/). then make a retail ISO of the game with only the resigned EBOOT + the necessary file to make a retail ISO.

I think somebody already made a guide or post of this method.. but I can't remember the user who post it...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
    TarAnTani likes this.
  11. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

Okay o_O..... , I've not tried that method yet but its worth trying.

I've got it installed on the internal already, key.edat is replaced already.
    So I only need to delete the internal eboot and make an ISO with the eboot but without edat and the rest of the files?

12. 266
    happydance

happydance Loyal Member

yup, that's correct.... rebuild the game data if the game doesn't appear on XMB after you install the PKG

13. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

Wut? Dat really worked... just tried it, omfg. *shakes head in disbelieve*

So on how many other psn games does that work??????

14. 1
    kyrilyuen

kyrilyuen Loyal Member

sorry im noob about this... how you make replace key.edat? and delete eboot and make iso ? :broken: need some guide so badly

15. 62
    duredure

duredure Loyal Member

I download the game from that russian site. So I google translated(russian-english) this method from nmclub.

-Start the image of Samurai Warriors 4 Install Disc.iso on the console.
    - Install it with the official pkg file a Large file (11.2 GB), so it will be installed for a long time, about 45 minutes. -in the flash drive formatted with FAT32, create a folder PACKGES, copy the file to a folder Samurai Warriors 4 [NPUB31564] Fix 2xDLC Fixed.pkg(small file).
    - Download (if it is not) SonicMAN, run as a game.
    - Insert the flash drive into the console to the right USB-port, which is closer to the drive console. Insert the flash drive into the console to the right USB-port, Under SonicMAN (leftmost) select PACKAGES Install Pkg (lowest) and in the list that appears select the desired file(that small pkg fix file)
    -Begin unpacking the file to a temporary folder on the internal HDD console, and the screen will display 'Checking game data, please wait ...' The file is small, so the label will disappear quickly, and quickly unzipped files are copied from the temporary folder in the right.
    When copying is SonicMAN prompted to restart. Agree, Agree pressing X. pressing X. Exit the SonicMAN, holding the PS button on the controller and selecting 'Exit Game' Exit the SonicMAN, -
    -Log in to 'Games' 'Game Data Utility' to PS3 rebuild the index set and made DLC and patch list.
    -Restart the console, or when you start the game will be a black screen and nothing more. Start the game using the image of Samurai Warriors 4 Boot Disc.iso. . Enjoy! Enjoy!

I didn't understand this in bold text. Can somebody please explain to me what is this game data utility?

I saw some comments in the first page in this thread about warriors orochi 3 ultimate. Somebody manage to play that game? for me it keep freezing in the loading. I did a threat about it but nobody seems to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  16. 1
    alexkyori

alexkyori Loyal Member

THANKS GUYS,
    I follow all steps and works awesome, its amazing thank you so much guys for this fantastic guide-tutorial.
    duredure i follow all steps from your guide and works well

17. 47
    TarAnTani

TarAnTani Loyal Member

@ duredure

I have both titles running (WO3 Ultimate and SW4).

WO3 Ultimate is "relatively" easy to get to run, just get the us psn link and down that pkg, then unpack that pkg file and use an eboot fix. Then you need the 3k3y iso tools and make a valid retail iso out of the psn release with the modified eboot. You can pm if you need any help with the eboot fix.

Regarding Samurai Warriors 4, that is not so easy, get the us psn link and down that pkg, then unpack that pkg file. Now copy that stuff on a fat32 usb stick and launch any app that can create a folder on the internal hdd/games folder. There create the folder named NPUB31564 (I found multiman 4.50.01 BASE for cobra ode working fine but it requires internet to work past the multiman logo). When you created the folder, copy everything you unpacked in there EXCEPT the eboot.bin. Now get a fixed eboot for SW4 and create a "mini retail iso", consisting of all files except the stuff in USRDIR. Only file allowed in USRDIR is the fixed eboot. Now use 3k3y iso tools on that modified psn folder to create the "mini retail iso". You can pm if you need any help with the eboot fix or the mini iso.

BTW that guide you posted looks very much for CFW consoles. -> ...select PACKAGES Install Pkg...

duredure likes this.
  18. 62
    duredure

duredure Loyal Member

Thanks for this info!!!! I go try this weekend
    XD

19. 62
    duredure

duredure Loyal Member

Got some problems in the process and both didn't worked . I sent to u a pm bro
    Thanks

20. 229
    bigjokker

bigjokker Loyal Member

To Decrypt the Original NPDRM Eboot you do need the rifkey from the rap.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015