hit tracker

.SAV to CIA saves on 11.0?

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ROM's) Discussion' started by herpderp, May 28, 2016.

1. 2
    herpderp

herpderp Loyal Member

So, a child relative recently updated my 3DS SysNAND without asking, and now I'm on 11.0. I had been running a A9LH/MenuHAX dual setup anyway to run my GW, but now I just have A9LH, so I'm at least not totally without hax.

I have SaveDataFiler as a CIA, but since I can't make my GW card show up, I can't use that workaround with the CTR-Card thing. (I actually couldn't get it to work even before I was stuck on 11.0, but that's a story for another day...)

Is there any way for me to take these .sav files I have and attach them to .CIA games so my saves aren't lost to eternity?

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  2. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

I'd probably setup a 9.2 emunand and use that to boot gw, or use the gw cart on a different 3ds on 9.2 or below to get the saves. You'll need to extract the saves before you can transfer them to a cia. There are probably other ways to decrypt your saves but using the cart on 9.2 or below is probably the easiest.

You'll also need to rename the save to match the titleid of sdf before it'll recognise the save. Some copies of sdf have different titleids so that's probably why the workaround didn't work for you before.

3. 2
    herpderp

herpderp Loyal Member

I actually figured out what my issue was. I was renaming it rather than actually copying it. But either way, I'm having another issue now with it.

While I've gotten other save files to work using another 3DS, specifically my Fantasy Life save is giving me trouble. The actual .sav isn't being edited (I can tell by the date modified), but my other 3DS isn't "seeing" the savegame and it's still saying CTR Card Broken on it, I guess because it was tied to my other 3DS.

Is there any way I can transfer that one? It's a Card 1 save, so I wouldn't expect to have this issue, but I am... I don't care about necessarily having it on the transfer 3DS, but if I could at least get it on the other one...

Edit: I've managed to isolate the extdata from my other 3DS, so I can access my save for it on my 3DS with GW, but I still can't get it with SaveDataFiler. It still says broken, even after copying and renaming and all.

Edit 2: Through some googling, I found that the entire save file was stored in that extdata. I didn't even need the .SAV file! This can be closed by a mod now. I've got it sorted out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016