hit tracker

SAVFY Gadget Roundup! [2/5] - BT Sports Headset

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2017.

By SonyUSA on Jan 6, 2017 at 10:24 AM
  1. 82
    SonyUSA

SonyUSA MaxConsole Game Reviewer Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

Second of Five Exclusive MaxConsole Reviews, regarding New Electronic Gadgets from SAVFY on Amazon

Our very own SonyUSA is back with another one of her great Exclusive MaxConsole Reviews for all of our loyal forum readers to browse thru, and get the low-down on the pro's and con's of the latest in gadgets and accessories.

[​IMG]

The BTD0151 Bluetooth Sports Headset is Savfy's answer to the Powerbeats (Beats by Dre) and features very similar design and functionality at only 1/10th of the cost. Let's take a look:

20161221_165837.jpg
    (Click to view the product in more details!)

Box Contents: The headset (of course), a manual and warranty card, a micro USB charge cable, and a set of various size earbuds come in the package. As with the first product, the USB cable seems flimsy and untrustworthy, so I pitched it right into the garbage.

The headset itself is good quality, with sturdy, gloss finished plastic housing the electronics and soft, smooth plastic ear clips. The wire between the two earphones is a flat cable and feels durable as well, and isn't prone to tangling or twisting. The biggest problem with the Powerbeats is that the earbud piece shears off at the joint, rendering the entire headset useless-- a big disappointment especially for its $100+ price tag. The Savfy units have a nice thick chunk of plastic around the base of the earbuds, so I don't suspect they would break off easily, however for $15 I don't think I would shed any tears if they did eventually break in this manner.

Operation: Syncing to a device is a breeze (just hold down the power button) and a friendly voice let's you know when the operation is complete. The unit will then sync up almost instantly any time it's turned on near its paired device after that, so no fiddling with connectivity here. I charged the unit one time when I first received it, and it's been going for about a week during my workouts and I have not needed to recharge it yet-- big plus!

Both the Savfy and Powerbeats claim to be "sweat-proof", and I've used these at the gym several times, but I feel like most headsets don't really need to go out of their way to be "sweat-proof" simply because people generally don't produce ounces of sweat around their ears that could get inside and short circuit a headset.

The audio quality is quite nice for such an inexpensive pair of earphones and while I haven't ever tested a pair of Powerbeats, I do know that they are an over-hyped and overpriced product (you can research them yourself) so I can generally assume that the quality is very similar. I would definitely use a "real" headset when at home or on an airplane for better fidelity, but this little headset is absolutely perfect for the gym or bicycling and the comfortable little ear-clips keep them from falling off where every other earbud or earphone product has failed.

My only complaint is that the earbuds themselves aren't the most comfortable thing and make my ears a little sore after about an hour of use, even with the smallest ones attached. Other than that, for $15, you can't go wrong with this product.

For More Info Check It Out Here: --> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDA39CO

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2017.