hit tracker

Sega flips Nintendo the bird, tells fans ‘keep making great stuff’

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 12, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:25 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Sega announces that they a different strategy in dealing with fan remakes, than Nintendo is doing right now!

Recent fan remakes of Metroid 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog have retro gaming fans clamoring for more. Problem is, only one of the two is still available after Nintendo buried the aforementioned Metroid remake and over 500 other fan-remade games.

[​IMG]

When it comes to supporting the fans, Sega says go for it, we love the fandom of our characters in your own games that you created, which seems alot better than Nintendo's strategy which recently has been to send you a team of their best lawyers to your door.

So what is Sega's overall plan, by supporting fans in their remakes will it help them, or is it because truly they are a broken company and no longer printing out money like Nintendo is with their games still.

NEWS SOURCE: Sega flips Nintendo the bird, tells fans ‘keep making great stuff’ (via) TheNextWeb

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 12, 2016.

1. 644
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

Lol, Sega gets it, Nintendon't.

2. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I guess they must have had a change in management then in the last few years, I still remember that Streets of Rage remake which got shut down.

That said, I found that weird considering the amount of other fan games and mods (which actually contain Sega's code) which were otherwise freely available.

I'm actually surprised they don't make more people ascended fans like with Taxman, I remember playing some fan games a few years back which were already better than officially available games.

billysastard likes this.
    3. 1,439
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
      Don't worry, Nintendo will wind up acting the same when they're no longer selling their gimmick garbage hardware anymore, and have to rely on software only...fan made games means free advertising when you're only selling software.

4. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      yes i recall all the bad publicity they got over the beats of rage game too.