hit tracker

Silent hill HD collection on 4.21.1

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by villadelfia, Nov 5, 2012.

1. 2
    villadelfia

villadelfia Loyal Member

When I try booting this game, as soon as I select a game, the screen goes black, my hard drive makes an audible clack (shutting down) and then I get the "System software cannot be run correctly" screen. Pressing X to restart the console works though.

I've heard from others that this game will refuse to go past 68% when installing, but that's clearly not what happens for me.

I've only ever seen that error then, and it seems the console is working fine, and booting everything fine except this game.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

2. 96
    MOST Hated

MOST Hated Loyal Member

It runs fine for me with the update patch but I first started playing it on Rogero 4.21 v1.09..

3. 391
    CloneD

CloneD Loyal Member

MM took roughly 15 minutes to verify files and kicked back to XMB as it should. Booted from disc icon, install took another 10 minutes. No updates. It works.

4.21 REX REBUG
    BLES01504 no update
    External
    BD Mirror
    Booted from disc icon

boots right up with patience.

EDIT: delete your game data off the ps3 and try again, if that don't work with these settings your backup is bad or your ext. hdd could have a bad place in it.

4. 229
    Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

Disable 'Verify files'' on MM option. It'll not freeze anymore.

Check my thread on MultiMAN section - deank provided the solution. Enjoy. :)

-Gamba

5. 391
    CloneD

CloneD Loyal Member

I had heard you could do that but never really fooled with this option. Thank you kind sir.

6. 2
    villadelfia

villadelfia Loyal Member

It seems like I misdumped, my old dump didn't even install game data (I didn't know that was supposed to happen BEFORE the game select).

I'm trying now with a fresh one.

EDIT: And it works now.