hit tracker

Slow Chat Café

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by SDeath, Feb 16, 2014.

1. 45
    gas

gas Loyal Member

160 Mbps !! I wish such speed
    mine is 2 Mbps = 200 KB/s

2. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

ARMITAGEIII <b>Mustang SuperSnake</b> Loyal Member

this is spain ,half of internet lines only offer 10Mb so i download at 6,7MB while other dowload about 900KB
    xD

3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

I know mate was just messing with ya. ;-)
    I like those Samsung SSD's the 830's where my first and are so reliable and fast.
    I have 5 Samsung SSD's now for all my PC's and MacBooks I love them they are fast and never skip a beat, and cheap.

4. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

yup i got it in offer from a very good online store here in spain ,they sold the NAS dlink in 70 €while amazon sell it by 140€ +- WTF amazon smoke some weed?

5. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

I use a Windows Server 2008 R2 for my file storage and everything else, it has a Intel i3 and 8GB so that's more then enough. And holds 1 SSD for OS and 3*3TB and a couple smaller drives.
    The NAS servers for me don't have enough configuration options as I want mail servers and a lot more things it needs to do. So most NAS servers don't do it for me. But they are easy to setup and is a good choice for others with less demands.

Make sure that when you use a NAS to make backups or put multiple drives in the NAS for backup.
    People use those NAS servers for storage of their most important data but forget that it needs backups to be safe or raid1 arrays. So always buy one with 2 HDD's or cloud storage but I prefer the first. Although cloud storage has it's advantages too, but you will need a good reliable internet connection.

6. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

i only want it to Dlna and upnp video /audio ,and store the applications from my pc ,so all computers in my home can use them to (the installers), i dont need more ,and i like the little ones because a pc have very "high" compsuption compared to the tiny NAS with is 30w in max load . i think it will be ok for me ,i though to use my htpc as NAS but man ,prescott 640 are hungry and slow compared to the Nas, another good thing is that the nas self shutdown after x mins in stanby and can use WOL features that my old prescott mainboard dont use .

if youre afraid about the power and performance is ok ,i dont need a monster nas ,just a small server with my data movies music and that things, but just in case it can be modded using linux so... :D

i will report about the thuesday ,i think i will receive it that day ^^ (lest be honest for 70€ is very affordable)

7. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Yes it's a good price. I had a old Intel Q6600 at first but then replaced the MB and proc with an i3 that has better specs and a much lower consumption was worth the investment in a new proc. Don't know exactly how much power it uses but it's very efficient, the HDD's stop when not used.

8. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

Around 65w

if is this one http://ark.intel.com/es/products/53426/intel-core-i3-2120-processor-3m-cache-3_30-ghz

but Q6600 is better i think ,it have a power metter inside and i measure a idle compsuption of only 9w and 16w in average load ,i have one working in my fathers pc and still rape W7 without problems . my 640 prescott is a hungry bitch with 85w and idle around 30 so...

true is that i3 got DDR3 controller inside and more advanced features ,but i liked more the 775 quad core series that this new intel series.

9. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

65W is max TDP so when the proc is busy 100% it's never that busy.
    The i3 outperforms the Q6600 any day, in benchmarks and in reallife use for a lot less power consumption.
    My pc went from 250Watts base consumption to 50W base consumption.

10. 262
    flyingnimbus

flyingnimbus Loyal Member

no idea what you guys are on about - but it's my external usb thats very slow - like 22MB/s, so if im transfering 60gb of games, takes like 1 hour

11. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

ouch

i dont measured my main pc ,but it must have a very big base consumption level too ,the water pump ,the overclocked GTX 670 and the sabertooth 2.0 must have a very high consumptionx_x
    and the processor is working at 1,55v @4ghz so... i dont gonna measure it xD

the power consumption of a pc used as server VS a NAS or something like that

TDP=Thermal Design Power ,the max power draw that a electronic/SoC can dissipate without suffer big damages or extreme overheat. a processor with 100w of tdp is very hungry while a mobile processor is like 2-5w, less watts mean less heat output and consumptiontoo

12. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Nah me neither. =-)

My i7 has a TDP of 130W and I believe all proc's I had before had about the same TDP, but they keep getting faster and more economic so they keep the same TDP which is about the highest for a high-end processor.

13. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

i use amd cause is cheap and well ,it serve the purpose of gaming and multimedia and bla bla bla ,but when i find a job again i will stick to intel , possibly a xeon dual processor ,and watercooled of course. in the gfx i will keep going Nvidia way ,im sorry i dont like ati ,just dont like them xD

14. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

I'm with you always had Nvidia and they just rock. Was a big AMD believer like 10 years ago when they where Intel always one step ahead. But that has changed a lot since then so am using Intel now for a long time and I love them.
    Never skip a beat.

Love this:
    Task Manager.jpg

15. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

i have a poor 1055t processor xD 6cores and cant pass 4,5ghz stable ,but the fuker got 125w TDP standart so it must be around 225 @ 4ghz .thats why i dont like amd right now ,look the new series the 9500 and 9300
    FFS 225w TDP ¡¡¡¡¡ im off when i find a job ,i will aim for a dual xeon with a RoG motherboard and good to go,or maybe a i7 k series too

16. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Never really pushed anything to see how far I could go. Just wanted to go for stability with this build and a long life.
    I have the Asrock x79 Extreme9 and I must say it's one of the best MB's I ever had super stable.
    So much better than the Foxconn BlackOps I used with the Intel QX9650 never got it 100% stable, although my wife has the same combo and it's rock stable, must have been something wrong with all the overclocking I did on it. =-)

17. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    people people please :p stop arguing who has the best processor :p I'll show you my job PC(well not a PC per-say but more of a workstation) with 24 cores :D but the downside is that there is no GPU power :/...

I always had bad luck with asrock but now i hear that it got really good :D still I'm an ASUS ROG fan all the way :D and the AMD/nVidia question is simple for me :D nVidia All the way... The drivers, the support and the bang for buck factor(at least for me) is in a different league then AMD...

18. 189
    yosimba2000

yosimba2000 Loyal Member

i have the best GPU: 9800gt.

can't compete :amused:

19. 2,017
    DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist <b>Forum's Guitarist</b><br /><i>MaxConsole Mew-Me Loyal Member

Student Gamer that works in a bank :P
    I have a evga GTX570 2.5GB :p times 3 at home... I really like the GPUs... Most robust GPUs I ever had... Onyl thing is that they're hot as hell :D

20. 1,061
    ARMITAGEIII

it was ,low TDP and exellent raw power XD

watercool my friend xD my other gpu was the gtx 470 amp edition too and i burned it by overcurrent modding xD ,i love to push things to the limit ,but of course im more conservative for stability reasons ,i can run this 1055 up to 4,5 ghz but stable is 4ghz so.. 4ghz then >_>

but the gtx 670 AMP runs at 1098 mhz core and i played with it at 1300 fully operational,the problem was the 6 pin conectors get very warm,enought to make me revert to original settings the gpu, after al i can run all games maxed out xD

I better stop double posting or otherwise I am going to end up getting my ass kicked xD

edited: maybe this night i will post photos of my rig cause im so lazy to make them now xD

yay '¡¡¡ tomorrow i will receive my little NaS server ,i wanna copy all my crapware to it and forget my disk travel bag in the locker xD

DNS-320L
    CPU Marvell Kirkwood 88F6702 @ 1GHz
    Ethernet Marvell 88E1318
    RAM 256 MB
    Flash 128 MB 128 MB
    File System EXT4

this will be my first contact with linux filesystem ,im just unable to use any linux cause of my laziness xD ,just installed ubuntu 13 in my htpc to get better version of xbmc and just easy but hard to install the nvidia privative controller xD

what do you think ?_?