hit tracker

SNES Games Running On NES

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by ub3r1337, May 31, 2018.

By ub3r1337 on May 31, 2018 at 8:30 PM
  1. 124
    ub3r1337

ub3r1337 NFC-Bank Owner MaxConsole Sponsor

Home Page:
    Don't say it couldn't be done, as this 'programmer' has done it, with a bit of modding and hacking!
    [​IMG]

You own some SNES cartridges, but you only have NES console, well no problem, as you can now run SNES games on your original NES!
    Now then, who's up for some Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Game Boy Color? -- Nah, I want to see Super Mario Odyssey for the newest console, the Nintendo Switch, running on my NES console, or better yet the NES Classic Mini, to prove you don't need the latest shit
    NEWS SOURCE: Programmer Gets SNES Games Running On The NES With A Little Bit Of Hacking (via) NintendoLife

Leobgood likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by ub3r1337, May 31, 2018.

1. 6,616
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Nah, call me when Crysis is running on the C64.

2. 14
      Leobgood

Leobgood Loyal Member

Wow! This is Back To The Future-style wizardry!

3. 175
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

It's just using the NES for the AV out. The same trick as the Coleco Expansion Module. Which was a full Atari 2600 that merely used the Colecovision's power and RF out. Or for a more recent example, the Chamelion Cart for the C64 (think MiniMig crammed into a C64 cart and you've got the basic picture -- it can even play C64 games without the C64). But those examples use/reconstruct real hardware at least. This is just running emulators on a Pi through another device's AV out (the NES was not a great choice at that, being mono).

My primary interests are authentic hardware and maximum accuracy. I've got an SD2SNES, so, this would be several steps down for me.