hit tracker

soft modded now how can i play games?

Discussion in 'Wii Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by eckford100, Aug 12, 2013.

1. 3
    eckford100

eckford100 Loyal Member

I soft modded my son`s wii via youtube. I downloaded a game iso then burnt it and tried to play it but no luck. I read about putting games on a hd and playing them from there. Can someone please explain to me how to do so. I have the 4.3u version and I used youtube to mod it. It has homebrew on there and other options but for some reason it doesnt read my burnt games. Any help would be appreciated my son is eager just as I am.

2. 25,360
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    all the newer model of wii's, have an newer hardware dvd drive in them that detects 'burned' discs and auto-brakes the motor from spinning the disc.

As such you need to install an usb loader on your homebrew channel and play your games from an external usb hdd

3. 3
    eckford100

eckford100 Loyal Member

do you know where I can learn how to do this? I have an harddrive and the software I have doesnt have a usb downloader. any suggestions to how I can do this?

4. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    try neogamma on wii, you'll also need something like wii backup manager or wbfs manager on your pc to copy games onto a specially formatted usb drive, some usb loaders will allow the use of standard pc formats but i've never tried them.

5. 3
    eckford100

eckford100 Loyal Member

Thanks! I got it working now. I appreciate the help..