hit tracker

[SOLVED] PS3 Constantly beeping

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by Kefka, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 29
    Kefka

Kefka Loyal Member

Hello, I am having a strange issue with my ps3 (CECHG01). It beeps when I play games or even sit in the menu, and it also makes eject noises sometimes(this one is inconsistent).

I searched a lot for this issue and the only thing I read was that it might be an issue with webman's fan control, but it still even after I made sure dynamic fan control was off.

Here is a video of the issue in action, it was particularly immense this power on, as it doesn't usually make eject noises so much.

I apologize in advance if this ends up not being a firmware issue, but I have searched for hours now and it is my best guess that it is after so little results searching for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SScyXALk590&feature=youtu.be

Important edit : I may have been incorrect about it being a firmware issue. I just opened up my ps3 and found a completely free screw on the eject/power tray area. I am now testing the ps3 and will stop this thread in an hour of no beeping.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.