hit tracker

SOLVED: Strange Gateway buy from a official seller (Brazil)

Discussion in '3DS Resellers & Services' started by Impiiedoso, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 15
    Impiiedoso

Impiiedoso Loyal Member

I make a test like you told with the official datas. Its work. The seller explain for us whats happening.
    Can you please tell to the Gateway team about the mistake, and to put the seller again in official reselers?
    Thank you for all support until here.

2. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

I thought I read somewhere that the cards come in without the labels and the vendors have to put them on. I guess it makes sense that the carts and label possibly come from two different suppliers. The labor to put them on needs to be done by somebody so rather than pay the chinese sweat shop, the gateway people expect the resellers to do it. I think the pandora handheld console was done in a similar fashion. If you've ever ordered a computer case, sometimes you get the labels just loose in the box and have to apply them yourself.

If this dude says it works with the official launchers, then I am led to believe the vendor half lied. The factory didn't put on the wrong sticker. They (the vendor) put on the wrong stickers. That seems extremely likely.

This might explain why every once in a while we see brand new unresponsive gateways.

(Insert more trolling and conspiracies for an obvious clerical error)

3. 25,371
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Yes you correct, the labels are shipped sometimes even separately from the plastic cards, same for the outside cardboard packaging, and the reseller has to cut the stickers out and apply them and slip the two carts into the box.

This is done for two reasons, one to cut down on shipping costs, the carts are all wrapped tightly together in one package, and all the boxes and labels are folded flat, so the overall box is smaller then having it all assembled together ready to go when opening up the shipping box containing a few hundred Gateways.

The second reason, is horrible old customs and laws, a lot of places seize on sight anything to do with Nintendo or flashcarts, so the reseller never gets it, even in country where it is basically legal, 90% of shipping lands for a bit in the good old USA on its way from China, and the boxes are searched, so having it all apart in sometimes separate boxes allows normally 90% of shipments to get thru-out without getting seized and throw someplace to get burned later.

4. 1
    R4DS.com.br

R4DS.com.br Loyal Member

Hello to all!

I am the owner of the site R4DS.com.br.
    Really I get orders in separate boxes. Unfortunately, the stickers were left behind.

With a batch of 70 pcs of Gateway, I can't wait more than two months to awaiting arrive in Brazil just only the stickers, for then resell them. That would break my business. As I work with other brands of R4 (R4DS traditional and Dual Core for example), I decide to paste the sticker of another model, only to send the Gateway to customer without the circuits on display. Yes, it was my fault.

I've explained to these customers who suspected it was a clone that it was all a misunderstanding.

Here in Brazil, I clarified this openly in a forum:
    http://forum.outerspace.terra.com.b...card-gateway-3ds.333849/page-49#post-10054063

Frankly I'm upset by the repercussion, my customers have my email and phone, but the customer's voice is the voice of the internet and it reflected very badly to our website. Anyway, I will not let the Gateway, is a good product and has a good demand. Being an official reseller, or not, while there is a demand, I'll make available for sale.

I'm feeling wronged, because the ways of sending of the official distributor is very time consuming to American Latin. Here in Brazil, an order is easily lost. It is a whole system that makes the process very slow and therefore we (resellers) just forwarding the things :moody:

[OFF]
    Jokes, coming...

doodad likes this.
  5. 25,371
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Since the the official reseller replied, and clear up this issue, with also my posting just before.

I am closing this thread, and marking it solved.

I will also forward your reply onto the Gateway team so there is no more problems, and you stay on offiicial reseller list.

Take Care and Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.