hit tracker

[SOLVED] Upgraded Rebug, now certain games won't load

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by gamecaptor, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10
    gamecaptor

gamecaptor Loyal Member

Hello all,
    I recently upgraded my Slim PS3 (CECH-2001A) to the latest Rebug (I was only one or two major releases behind; it’s been a while since I’ve fired it up). This is the current versions of everything:
    Rebug 4.76
    COBRA 7.10
    Toolbox 02.02.07
    mmCM 04.76.00

I have a [NTFS] USB Hard Drive connected with all my PS3 decrypted ISOs on it.

It would seem after the recent upgrade, games that have installed onto the internal hard drive no longer will boot. Here are some examples:

Twisted Metal Black gets stuck at the loading screen (it’s the small turning clock looking thing in the lower left hand corner)
    Metal Gear Solid 4 gets tuck at the ‘Now Loading’ screen
    Vanquish seems to lock up the PS3 completely

Worth noting in the case of TMB and MGS4 I am able to press the PS button on the joystick and exit out ok (Vanquish I have to hold down the power button on the PS3 to shut it off).

Games that would normal play off the disc, like X-Men Origins or Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe seem to load just fine.

I have tried to ‘Clear Game Cache Data’ and ‘Scan connected NTFS USB Drives’ and neither of these resolved the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

GC

2. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Have you tried this?

gamecaptor likes this.
  3. 10
    gamecaptor

gamecaptor Loyal Member

*sigh* of course the answer is right in front of me!

Well thank you for pointing that out to me Joonie86. I will give that a try!

UPDATE: Yup, that did the trick! Thanks again Joonie86!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.