hit tracker

Sonic: Lost World for Wii U updated

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 12, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Dec 12, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  1. 25,644
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Get 100 coins to earn an extra life

Sega has updated Sonic: Lost World for the Wii U with some fixes and changes.

[​IMG]

Sega has confirmed that Sonic: Lost World for Wii U has received an update. This update comes with some fixes and changes, but the most important one is that now you'll receive an extra life when you collect 100 rings !!

The full list of changes below:

Why did they remove this kind of standard extra, in the first place, now just to add it back in finally?

NEWS SOURCE: Sonic Lost World Wii U update restores 100 ring 1up system (via) VG247

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 12, 2013.

1. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I think the entire game should be able to work without the gamepad.

Why? The only way that makes sense is if they're going to turn points into microtransactions.

2. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      after playing this game for nearly an hour i think its the worse sonic game ever.

to me its trying too hard to recycle mario galaxy

3. 501
      Nicotine

Nicotine Loyal Member

yah, it's a huge let down - and i enjoyed generations.....

4. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Im sorry but you need to play 06 again.

That said, it was a dissapointment for me where even on its own merits I found it average at best, including the music.

I think the series took a step backwards with this in terms of how enjoyable I found playing it.

5. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Sounds like i should wait for this game to be 10 bucks before i buy it.

Its a inferior Mario Galaxy clone, made the Sonic way.
      The best Sonic game in years is Sonic Racing Transformed. ;)
      Cocoto Kart Racer on GameCube was also a very good and slick Mario Kart rip-off btw.

Sega is making 2 more Wii U exclusive Sonic games, and i wonder how they will be.

6. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I would definitely wait for a price cut if you plan to get it, that said, I do think it's wrong to describe it as a galaxy clone because the only thing that's really 'copied' is the small planetoid mechanic....at least from what I remember from Galaxy.

The other exclusive IIRC is an olympic game so it's really one more exclusive.

7. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Sonic World is inspired by Mario Galaxy then.
      The Wonderful 101 was inspired by Pikmin, but still totally different.

You are right.. there is only one left.. I think its a Sonic platformer too. ;)
      I wonder how much a Sonic game sells these days..

Sega said Nintendo was the best home for Sonic, so it must sell like shit on other systems.

8. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Which is a shame as the PC port of Generations was decent.....and moddable. Seems weird really to limit the potential sales so I wonder what Sega are getting in return.

9. 353
      Wakutan

Wakutan Loyal Member

Actually...This is a spiritual successor of the unborn Sonic Xtreme for the Sega Saturn. I don't understand why they removed such a standard element of a sonic game. Good thing they didn't make this a micro-transaction. : /

10. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I don't think you wanna know what Sega gets in return. ;)

I think this is the same situation as Rayman Legends.
      Sonic sells most on Nintendo, and less on 360+PS3 even with 150 million consoles on the market.

UBI delayed Rayman for 6 months for nothing. It would sell even better on Wii U if they didn't delay it.
      Alot of people lost interrest with the 6 month delay.
      UBI could still release it 6 months later on the other consoles.

11. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      Your not exactly correct here,m there are no facts to backup your so called points.

There is no proof to suggest Rayman would have sold more if it wasn't delayed.

Rayman fans and likely Nintendo fans were angry because a good game was supposed to be an exclusive, but ended up getting delayed, but these people would still have purchased the game when it came out.

The proof we know is that the game was supposed to be an exclusive, but changed to multi platform due to the Wii U sales been poor.

If Ubi were to make any profit from this game, it would have to be released on all systems.

The Wii U version slightly sold more copies than the 360/PS3 versions did, but if we ignore the 360/PS3 sales, the Wii U version didn't sell that great either - hence making it a multi platform.

Also its only fair to consider the dirty pirates, those that would have downloaded the 360/PS3 version with no intention of ever buying it, you cant say its not a valid option when I know this game was extremely popular during the first week it was leaked (and that was just the PS3 version i was seeding).

Ubi could have made the 360/PS3 versions wait 6 months, but why do that?

It would make sense to put the game on hold, launch it on all systems at the same time, at least this way you have a better chance of it recovering the costs and making a little profit.

It would cost more to release it on one system first, then wait 6 months to then port it on the other systems.

But to be fair, your claiming the Wii U does better and sells more games than the older systems that have more systems sold.

Can we now point to some of the games that the 360/PS3 have had that break records, something you very rarely see on a nintendo console.

Can we also add how reports show some PS4/XBX1 versions have out sold the Wii U versions.

I think your taking one or two games that sold better to make your system sound better, to cover the real reason to why the game was delayed in the first place.

The Wii U was the worse launch in nintendo history, during the first year it lacked anything excellent to play, Rayman been likely the best game really, so for it to sell an extra 2k or so more than the other systems (that have a massive back catalogue of better games to play) its not rocket science really to understand why it sold slightly better.

But scrap all that, in short, you claim rayman/sonic sell better on nintendo systems, these figures arent really that great and really worth bragging about, when we see other games sell far more.

12. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      for the love of any fantasy figure you choose, dizzy, give it a rest.

Artlover likes this.
    13. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Dizzy..As Artlover already showed, the attach rate of a few games is much higher on Wii U even when the sales sucks.
      Rayman Legends was a hyped big title game, with huge demand on both PS3 and 360. Yet it totally flopped, because it was onle selected people on the polls which bought it.

Nintendo recently said that high demand on polls is not the same as actual sales.
      Remember that alot of people vote on polls, but never plan to buy the game at all. Alot of people only vote for fun to help the people who wants a certain game badly.

Polls rarely mean anything at all. Its just a fake potential "sales number".

Many games have flopped on any system with "high demand" on polls.

14. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      polls?? whats polls got to do with this??

the issue here is your making it sound like the other systems was a flop when it was falling slightly short of wii u version sales.

it was your figures that were wrong, as the wii u was no where near 5 millions consoles sold at the point you claimed.

but hey lets not also consider the fact that the 360/ps3 have a larger catalogue of excellent games to buy/play also new titles that launched before/on/near the launch of rayman.

lets also note that wii u hasnt got this great selection to chose from, so it is a bit of a no brainer.

15. 388
      Darkest_RaVeN

Darkest_RaVeN Loyal Member

IT Infrastructure professional
      Geez, who let you back in? Nice new name by the way, I take it the 'S' is silent and you meant to use an 'N', not an 'M'? Surprised you went with a Nintendo character knowing your usual bile of hatred aimed at Nintendo.

Anyway, back on topic, Lost Worlds is dull, and a poor Mario Galaxy clone. An extra life for 100 rings? Come on....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    16. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      im not suprised how people cant see beyond their own BS, or at least accept the points made.

i wasnt born a nintendo hater, i just dislike em (which has been caused by the repetetive titles nintendo keep releasing), i mean ive played mario and zelda since the 80's and very little has changed with these games, but that doesnt mean half the BS so called facts its devoted fanboys make up makes me a hater.

i mean a simple flaw claiming nearly 5 millions consoles sold.... when its not managed that (at that period) i dont even think its reached 5 million to date either??

but classing the other versions as a flop for slightly falling short, is a failed fact, the possible reasons why the 360/ps3 version didnt sell as much, is that the 360/ps3 have far more greater games to choose from.

what and how many other great games did you have a selection of on the wii u??? not as many.

but hey yea lets brag about a few extra k units ship on the wii u, that figure is nothing compared to what we have seen other titles sell on the 360/ps3.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    17. 1,287
      Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
      Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
      So, what ever happened with this promise?

Only in your world is 4.3 no where near 5. Only in your world does anyone care about something that is irrelevant to the point.

Still fail to grasp the basic math of what makes sales numbers good or bad is their relation to the size of the prospective audience. Only a given percentage of people will ever care about any particular game. That is practically written in stone. But when your audience is 19 times bigger, you'll have 19 times more people making up that percentage. The WiiU only has 4.3 million owners. The Xbox360 and PS3 each have over 80 million owners. 3.5% of WiiU owners is 150,000. 3.5% of X360 or PS3 owners is 2,800,000. So selling the same number of something on both the WiiU and Xbox360 or PS3 is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination by a factor of over 1,866%.

Also, FYI, it's not just us saying it's a flop. So is Ubisoft. They are blaming the launch of XB1/PS4 for the poor sales and have lowered their revenue expectations by over $560 million and will be finishing out the year under an operating loss.

Yes, we are not surprised at all that you can't. Go back to school, learn some basic comprehension and math skills and maybe you won't always get everything so pathetically wrong.

18. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      being a moron isn't against the rules, we have to wait until he starts his usual trolling or activity.

Artlover likes this.