hit tracker

Sony: 3D and Move will help PS3 become market leader

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jun 21, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 174
    Meelo

Meelo Loyal Member

But it will probably take people 5 years or more to invest in a new 3D tv so how is that going to help them?

3. 1,405
    unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

Kazuo Hirai, President & CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.... and most of the Sony management obviously havnt got a clue about the market their in...

4. 633
    sengoku

sengoku Loyal Member

3d lcd cost a lot it's true but lcd tec has always cost a lot till just recently now you can buy big lcd for low cost and the same will be true for 3d lcd in 1 to 2 years time it will cost you no more then any other lcd in the market about 700/800
    now i don't think that is to much for the newest in home entertainment i'm sure all you 360 fan boys would pay even more when the 720 will get released and by that time it to will have native 3d and the screen might need a 2160 screen res which will cost you 2000 dollars as well and i am sure a lot if people will buy that eventually as well.
    i bought my lcd not to long a go and it's cost me the same as now the latest flag ship 3d tv cost so i dont expect any big problems
    those that cant afford it even in 2 years time when the price is halved or more, this market is not held back by you inability to pay the bill thank the good lord for that:p

5. 5
    zerobrand

zerobrand Loyal Member

no way it will

6. 633
    sengoku

sengoku Loyal Member

come on, this is the way it has been and will be for decades to come.
    like anyone had a 40 inch lcd full hd screen at home before the PS3 or 360 was released only a select group had one, but now 4 years down the road every one has one or two even, just the same as cell phones hand held consoles and all other tec that ever comes to existence. just look in to the history books:p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  7. 5,961
    DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

lead the current market in what, features that won't take off as hoped, move won't catch on like the wii simply due to the extra cost and 3DTV won't be impulse buy price for many years.

8. 673
    put4558350

put4558350 Loyal Member

It's might be. if 3D tv is cheaper than now and microsoft don't also support 3D and have natal

9. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

i wish them best of luck really at least they're trying to push gaming to the next level & personally i can't wait for MOVE but aint 100% sure about 3D but who knows,someone on the official Ps3 forum tried 3D & this is what he said:

10. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

BWAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AMG... thats funny. From worst to first.... Sony and their fake 10 year life plan.

Maybe if they fix black screens of death, yellow lights of death, dead lasers, dead drives etc etc oh yeah lets not forget the error codes it shows.
    That still wont be enough for it to ever be in first place.

Sony actually believes its user base is stupid enough to believe it to try and encourage them to buy a ps3.
    Move is a joke.... sony being sony charging over priced for everything is what landed them in 3rd place. Now they think some glowing wand (that will make you look really stupid infront of all your friends) will help them.

Where is all them 1080p games so hyped up? Thats right we left 1080p and went backwards downgrading with 3-d.
    Sixaxis was suppose to be the wii mote killer? Where is it? The giant crab must have found its weak spot and killed it.

It needs to sell a lot to pay off them lawsuits its loyal fans have against them.

11. 690
    Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

-facepalm-

Not everyone is interested in 3D gaming sony... You guys are retarded...

12. 209
    weeboo

weeboo Loyal Member

probably sony is referring in japan only. they would surely able to do dominate the market there using their 3d thing and move (but again nintendo is there to ruin their plan to dominate the japan, so its bs ), but worldwide bs again.

13. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

when "dabright" one speaks everyone should laugh :D

Ps3 yellow light problem it only effects 1% of total Ps3's sold unlike xbox360 RROD which effects 65% to 85%.

if MOVE is joke then what would you call Con-ect ?
    1080p games ? Ps3 games look miles better than anything on your beloved crapbox (halo3 640p:D) & we're more than impressed with them.

sixaxis was implemented to add extra functionality to games & worked brilliant with some games aka Kz2 it wasn't meant to compete with the wiimote you very silly bot. :D

lawsuits what you talking about ? Sony wasn't the one forced to give a 3 year warranty on crappy hardware costing over a Billiob $ to avoid further lawsuits by the entire xbox community. :D

14. 174
    Meelo

Meelo Loyal Member

This, hahaha ;).

15. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Sony is really living in their own world. Did they take a reality check yet lately?

Philips, Samsung +++++++++++ have pushed low price 1080p TV's the last years, so most people wont buy new screen anyttime soon. Alot of people dont even bother much with 3D.

Sony think they will get same console boost like Nintendo got with Wii.. but Sony are 5 years too late for that.

Again... When will Sony hire people with BRAINS? When will Sony do a market reasearch?

16. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Sony do market research? They're too busy calling the Wiimote a toy while copying to do any actual research on price.

Like Sony say.. they're not arrogant any more according to them apple is worse... what they actually mean is they've gained the most retarded trophy instead.

When you're making silly technologies nobody wants and one like blu-ray you have a major hand in actually sticks for more than ten minutes because of bribes.. a company like Sony gets a superiority complex "OMG THEY'LL BUY ANYTHING WE TELL THEM TO" and this is why they're forcing high price 3DTVs on the market when they could be done cheap and this is why their Wiimote clone costs almost as much as the Wii in british currency.

17. 2,651
    kneehighspy

kneehighspy Loyal Member

Early Retirement, Relaxation
    i thought sony was calling rumble last gen too and didn't include it with the six axis, then the users demanded it and sony said it interfered with the six axis that's why it wasn't included, then all of a sudden we have rumble support again, sony worked miracles..

some of the games do look great on my ps3 but then again so do the games on my crapbox 360. my wii on the other hand is a different story. glad i don't have to run around in circles to covet my only gaming box and that i have a choice as to what i want to play and don't have to wait for sony to come out with the next big thing.

most of us don't understand your hatred of the 360 calcu, did it slap your sister in the middle of the night, did it kick you in the nads unannounced. or do you only have blinders on for sony systems?

i'm glad most users on this site aren't like that and really appreciate gaming on all levels. you stay on the sony side, i'm sure sony really appreciates your sincere dedication and will be sending you your cupcakes soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  18. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

how do you know that no one wants & no one likes blu ray ? as i'm sure people with 1080p screens which are in their millions will appreciate 1080p movies.also the MOVE is better "copy" of the wiimote compined with HD graphics it should be a much better experience too & saying people will just buy what ever Sony tells them too makes no sense their products cost more for a reason "quality" something the people who hate Sony aren't usually familiar with or they dont look for quality or care about it much hence why they always compare Sony prices to samsung's. :D

i agree though MOVE is a tad expensive but kinect costs $150 to build so i can understand why the better MOVE is priced high. :)

19. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

In my humble opinion, I think the PS3 hardware is the best between all consoles. But Ps3 in terms of sales is a totally faliure. To became a market leader a modchip, iso loader or something hacked need.

20. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    In other words, Sony is the new SEGA. Sega made alot of stuff which didnt sell much too, but their Dreamcast was one of them. Dreamcast was a true gem of a console which actually sold of 10 millions, but not enough.
    As someone else, PS3 is number 3 because it cant be pirated. Wii and 360 can be pirated, so they obviously sell more. And still several games sell more on 360 than on PS3. ;)

I bought nearly 170 movies on Blu-Ray, and 160 on HD-DVD. A total of over 330 movies for my 1080p screen, so i'm one of them that likes the HD video format. :)

Again.. Sony is going into the same "trap" as Sega did. With their sky high price of Move and 3D system, they are selling the whole thing at early 90's prices in a way, which means for the niche market. Both 3D TV and Move is released at the wrong time, at the wrong price!

How can that make them become #1? ;)