hit tracker

Sony: 3D and Move will help PS3 become market leader

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Jun 21, 2010.

1. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

failure ? Ps3 & 360 gap narrows evach day,it's only a couple of millions behind 360 which was released a year earlier & has been outsold by slim Ps3 for many months now.i think its safe to say 360 is the failure.

2. 174
    Meelo

Meelo Loyal Member

When it comes to the move Sony don't care if it's a better experience or not, they just want Nintendo's casual audience, the truth is they're not going to get it when move works out as twice the price of a Wii.

As for Sony being quality they used to be but other companys TV's are better now adays ie Panasonic, Pioneer even some Samsung LCD's, have you seen the Samsung LED TV's imo they piss all over Sony TV's.

3. 772
    chucky_uk

chucky_uk Loyal Member

Sony LCD's are overpriced and better can be got far cheaper. As mentioned the Sammy LED is very nice, im keeping my eye on the new Aquos range, love my 42xd1e i have but im interested in an upgrade

4. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I like blu-ray but lets face it Sony never even gave the market the opportunity to choose they just paid off all the movie studios and forced the hd-dvd consortium out of business, Now that's given Sony the opinion their products are the best, They can charge what they want and everyone loves them, News flash im not going to pay £1,800 for a TV and 3D glasses.

You claim MOVE is a better copy prove it.... Have you played MOVE yet? nope.. all you've seen is what everyone else, has a dude flicking the wand the same as the Wiimote to play a harry potter clone (with visible lag) and a guy playing socom which offered no visible advantage to the Wii.. hell the sub controller can't even be used to throw grenades lol... its actually less advanced than the Wii setup you just don't want to admit that because well... you know hahahaha.

Kinect pricing has nothing to do with Move pricing, If it did Sony would of taken the $50 rumour of fact instead of charging £120 for the set.. you know damn well this only has to do with Sony and their inability to grasp how much people are willing to pay... What happens when Microsoft announces that Kinect isn't actually $150 (not worth $100 either) and Sony is left at nearly $180 for the set.. still better overpriced move or silly priced device nobody but a raving fanboy will buy until it drops?

5. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Fair compare i mean you also have the inability for Sony JP, US and EU to communicate,
    You also have the overly-complex hardware that is costing more money and time to develop for that all but exclusive developers have said they dislike.
    They had to pay Gabe just to stop bashing it and release a game with direct valve polish.
    Near equal install base to closest competition yet multi-platform software numbers 8/10 are poorer and exclusives barely sell.

Sony are near identical to SEGA right now except they still have EA support lol I actually wonder if they'll make it next generation after everything they've done this time around. As much as i loved Sony for the PSone and PStwo they have really rubbed me the wrong way this generation.. but then i can hardly say Microsoft haven't either with Kinect lol.

6. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

hate on sony as much as you like,success comes with a price. :eek:

7. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Yeah the price of success is a loss with every unit sold.... for third place HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously unless you are brainwashed (look who im talking to lol) go back and look at SEGA from 32x - Saturn and tell me you don't find at least ten things in common with Sony right now.

8. 613
    CharmedonWB

CharmedonWB Loyal Member

Someone's fanboyism has taken to a whole other level...Sony must be giving you one hell of a blow because I have never seen someone defend something to which they have no claim with so much zeal and zest...it is downright embarrassing. You've got fantasies for logic and misplaced hopes replacing rationality.

9. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

look who i'm talking too!! i like this cheap dig you keep on repeating but how about look who i'm talking to :rolleyes: aren't you really just another Sony hater who loves to believe in his own head that Sony is failing or can't do anything right when rest of the world believe Sony is doing really well.maybe you're like most the bots who rather live in the past than in the future because its getting owned by Sony & they dont like it,i dont know!:confused:

oh & if it wasn't for Windows profit xbox360 would have long been the new sega saturn.FACT :rolleyes:

10. 135
    Kotaku

Kotaku Loyal Member

Actually Sony dragging its ass and releasing their next-gen console a whole year after the 360 sealed their fate of coming third this gen, as well as their crappy attitude towards updates, and for taking forever developing things that nobody really actually wants, PS home? yeah was cool on the trailers and the original showreel, but 3 years on the shits barely out of beta, and still horrible and clunky to use.

Sony's transition from networkless consoles to online consoles has been a sordid affair of mistakes and broken promises, i onluy hope their next console, should the sony shareholders even let them, will be more of a success.

11. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

maxconsole's own analyst spoken. :D :p

12. 5,715
    danight

danight Loyal Member

what he doesnt get no goofy nickname? How come he gets to say 1 thing bad about sony without you twisting it into a 360 sucks statement.
    NOOOOOO....he gets praised by you.....

I should get popcorn... the acting is getting funny.

13. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

No that is just what you want to see in everyone that doesn't agree with your insane notion that Sony can do no wrong and they're the most successful company since sliced bread, I see more inaccuracies and untruths typed by you per day around here than a politician in the midst of a sex scandal, We're all bots/ms supporters if we don't agree with you even if we've just been as negative against them..

Its getting tired mate we see you in every single thread lying, trolling, making things up lol i can't even believe the other day you accused Sony of copying a far younger company in its overcharging. Its a shame the site started sorting itself out until you came back and went into overdrive.

If it wasn't for Sony selling half of the company the gaming division wouldn't even still be afloat, FACT.

14. 141
    Shadow_Satey

Shadow_Satey Loyal Member

God, what a bunch of a pessimist. I can guarentee Move will be a success. 3D will take a lot more time for it to be considering we all just upgraded to HDTV's not too long ago, but I think Move will be a success for Sony.

15. 687
    NeoNight

NeoNight Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Any console that can't be pirated is ****! PS3 is ****! That's what threedog is trying to say. lol

16. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

lol not really, i buy my games. you missed my hidden point/intention but it will be clear soon.

17. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    you know what a failure is? a console that outsells another every month, has closed a 1 year hardware gap, and STILL can't outsell as far as software (which happens to be one of the most important things developers look at).

that is failure. the fact that 360 still sells more games then ps3 (both multi plat and especially big name exclusives) shows how much of a failure the ps3 is.

hardware sales mean ****. thats just a marketing number sony tries to use to show developers 'oh look how well our console is doing' until the developer says 'but why does that other console sell so many more games then you? and howcome when that game is exclusive, it sells no where near as much copies as that other consoles exclusive games'

people like you are the reason ps3 continues to sell despite having shittier versions of games (which is what people tend to buy the consoles for). you need to concentrate on building your shitty exclusive library rather then posting stupid comments as usual.

18. 5,605
    Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    3D TV, Move... There is a third thing..

PSN plus, which is nearly as stupid as OnLive. ;)

/me sings ...Seeeegaaaaa! ;)

I cant wait for Sony to rip off Sega's tune too... "Soooonyyyy".. when you boot a game..lol

Sony is really becoming ****...

When thats said... I will resume playing Uncharted 2 before the PS3 fanboys try to flame me and my PS3.. ;)

19. 511
    Calcu

Calcu Loyal Member

in your eyes anyone who defends Sony is a troll,lying,making things up but if its xbot trashing Sony (which happens in every single thread) then he's right (we think a like) :). this forum is run by mods who are Sony haters FACT & this is why fanboy wars happen FACT.
    Sony did have a rough start but look at them now,oh sorry forget you can't see a Sony success. my bad :rolleyes:

20. 6,014
    grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
    somehow i dont see spending an extra $2000+ for a 3d tv and move is going make them a market leader...how many people do they think are just going to go waste that kind of money? With the economy as it is, the downright apathy towards 3d and the lack of uniqueness in motion controls I just dont see any advantage at all...granted move will probably not flop as badly as i am starting to think natal will err i mean kinect but i dont think either are going to capture any signifigant portion of the wii market they seem hell bent to take.