hit tracker

Sony: iPad is a good thing, will convert people to PSP!

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by Zeus, Jan 31, 2010.

By Zeus on Jan 31, 2010 at 8:20 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Now here's a bit of a 'cocky' thought from Sony. They have revealed that they are happy about the arrival of the iPad because when people want a 'deeper' console, they will go for the PSP!

<blockquote>Well, Sony has come out and expressed a lot of optimism and happiness about the device.

“Apple’s entrance into the portable gaming space has been a net positive for Sony,†Sony’s John Koller, Director Hardware Marketing, told the Wall Street Journal. “When people want a deeper, richer console, they start playing on a PSP.â€</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://defaultprime.com/2010/01/30/sony-happy-about-the-ipad-unfortunately-people-arent-coming-to-the-psp/" target="_Blank">DefaultPrime</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by Zeus, Jan 31, 2010.

1. 18
      DustRider

DustRider Loyal Member

"Sony: iPad is a good thing, will convert people to PSP!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

2. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      LOL...Sony sounds dumber and dumber by the week. ;-)

Whats next?

"We hope people buy a 360, so they can jump to PS3?" ;-)

3. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

4. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

They already said Wii is a good thing/gimmick, gamers will get bored and go to the PS3, close enough?

So Sony's theory is Ipad owners will migrate to an overpriced PSP with no touch functionality, that is rubbish unhacked and gets one good game every six months. Well you're really earning your wages john! :rolleyes:

P.S FFVIII is out on the PSN store next week, Time to go official! :eek:

5. 1,587
      Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

Another Apple creation which will lack several features which its competitors had ages ago?

iPhone? What a piece of s*** telephone it is. HTC/Nokia/Motorolla had java from the very fucking beginning. You have no access to the filesystem whatsoever, you cannot even send a file through the fucking Bluetooth.

Go **** yourself with your iFranchise Mr. Jobbs. I swear to God, Apple fans suffer from a serious case of Stockholm's syndrome - less features = "Apple cares for quality, we don't need Flash/Java! They'd give us viruses and cooties!".

I myself owned several smartphones in the past and bought the iPhone 3GS this December; bought it with the sole reason of jailbreaking in mind, because only then you gain access to your device, its filesystem and several features that should have been there from the very beginning (multitasking, top-bar toggles, filesystem access, download manager, saving your fucking mail attatchments etc.) but it is still far from what I call perfect.

All Apple does is make it shiny and streamlined - hence the popularity among gays, lesbians, environmental activism freaks, feminist, hipsters, WEB 2.0 generation, technically impaired, left-wing teenage communists aka "Che-Guevara redshirts", women who think white goes nice with their purse and all sorts of villainous scum.

I shall switch to Nexus Droid once Flash Mobile is out - the real deal, not the CS5 restricted bullshit Jobbs finally agreed upon.

Now iPad - I can already picture hordes of tools sitting at Starbucks, "writing" and reading on that tasteless contraption, all while mutually jerking themselves off in their H&M scarves beneath the table. I swear to God, one day I'll go postal on the "Tweeter/Facebook/Myspace" generation; what has the world become?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
    6. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Hehe.. Yes.. Too bad for Sony that Wii is still #1 after over 3 years. ;)

Anyways.. Sony never surprise me with any stupid thing they say..Arent "most" used to this since Dreamcast was released in 1998? ;)

I still own FF 7 on original discs and its only of the 5-6 games i ever bought for PS1 before it got stuffed away. I think these discs boots directly on PS3.

7. 236
      mannyman789

mannyman789 Loyal Member

the iPad may have been bad, but lets not go overboard here Sony. We all know the only thing that will rise PSP sales is if you release a public .iso loader :p

8. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      LOL.. Isnt that still quite expensive for all the 3 good games on PSP? ;-)

9. 1,808
      Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Well to defend Sony doesn't the PSP w/CFW do Flash?

Personally I'd be inclined to go with;

C: Nintendo Dual Screen Lite. FTW!!

10. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

LOL!.... I mean hey what's the issue with H&M? those stores are awesome.

I agree with most of what you said though, and am also planning to go with the Nexus One in a few months time (had a MyTouch3g, but kind of killed it flashing the SPL).

Anywho, that's besides the point, the real question here is what the hells powers these people to make these idiotic comments? First off, probably 97% of people that buy this thing are part of the "Apple Loyals" you know the ones that will buy sandpaper toilet paper if it's released by apple, so I highly doubt that after receiving a blessing, in the form of this holiest of pads, from their messiah they will want to return to the use of such mundane tools as the psp, or even more unlikely forsake the blessings and head down the road of perdition purposely (buy a psp after the fact).

No but seriously, I'd him money for every person that truthfully bought a psp after an ipad because they wanted a real gaming experience or what not, that is simply retarded on so many levels that it's starting to bother me this person isn't securely locked away in some asylum.

11. 1,587
      Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

I don't recall times when Sony's PR made any more sense.

Kutaragi once said that PS3's huge pricetag was a good thing; it'd motivate people to work harder for a raise in order to buy one.

12. 1,002
      Tyrael

Tyrael Loyal Member

oh no, now i have to buy a PSP! (a second one, actually)
      big *facepalm* to Sony, as usual.

13. 174
      Meelo

Meelo Loyal Member

Best post ever! Nice one.

14. 613
      CharmedonWB

CharmedonWB Loyal Member

Left-wing teenage communists?? What does politics have to do with the iPhone??

15. 3,209
      Trashcat

Trashcat Loyal Member

iDiots are not interested in real games they just want to poke the finger at something for 5 minutes.

16. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

How true ;)

Don't know gets worse by the week they all do.

They do depending on the pressing but there's nothing like playing on PSP in the comfort of your warm bed.

17. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Haha..Probably true. ;)

But i have to admit that if it was Commodore, i would have a different look at this...but it would also be more ahead of its time than what Apple can ever be.

Anyone remember the power of C64, CDTV, Amiga 3000, and the unreleased Amiga 5000 (1995 model) when they were launched? Amiga 1000, A500?

How was a PC and MAC during these hardware releases? lol .. how about Haynie's 128.Bit GFX card for Amiga 3000 i 1988, while PC had only or 16 colors at 320x240 or something? Hehe

........The I-hype is what make me dislike Apple so much in the first place. To me they make fashion gadgets for 14 year olds and chicks. hehe

18. 300
      technolust

technolust Loyal Member

so you registered today just to spam the fourms?

19. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

I remember the power of the C64/C128 and loved the Amiga, Was still playing the C64 while the SNES was out that's how much i loved the thing.
      Isn't there a new Amiga due for release btw? Can't remember where i saw that.

I don't think i progressed as far as you did amigawise.. i don't even remember what model of amiga it was i owned now (still regret trading it a bit but was a good deal), still quite nice watching the presentation videos on the amiga forever discs the launch looks more like a nerdfest than a hypefest, actually showing what they could do and where they were going.

I dislike hype unless it really appeals to me doesn't matter if its a toaster or the second coming of steve jobs, Im not satisfied to watch some guy stand on a stage, state his device is the best thing the world has ever seen, show off a few tech demo's, tell you the price and release date.. then the device arrives and the tech demo's are still that.. the features are not done and the price hasn't met the competition that have beaten them to market.

The one thing i have been hyped about is Mass Effect 2, I hyped myself and avoided all the spoilers and press nonsense, had some problems with saves due to an older rrod console so if im lucky tomorrow will be the day i start it. *edit* 189 hours since november 2007 that's damn good, all done now :D