hit tracker

Sony: It's impossible to do complete PS3 firmware testing

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 14, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 14, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Sony has commented that they definitely read all feedback across selected forums and their own websites. However, they also noted that they can not do complete testing for their PS3 firmware because you just never know how things will work it when a lot of people have it.

<blockquote>
    “We absolutely read all the feedback that we see on our blog when we do firmware updates. We have people who look across different forums and different sites. And we also do our own testing – some very extensive testing..â€

“But in some cases, we can’t do complete testing because you never quite know how things will work until users have it.â€</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/11/13/psn-director-talks-firmware-roadmap-cross-game-voice-chat/" target="_blank">Playstationlifestyle</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 14, 2009.

1. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

@garyopa
      I see, well those wii hardware issues are still f*cked up, but of no relevance to the firmware I assume. As far as 360 and PS3 (actually even wii) like grape people around me must be lucky cause they've never had issues updating their machines. Again like grape, the very few I've seen have been brought upon by the users themselves.

I've always wondered this myself; although, I seem to recall that you can restore the ps3 via a usb stick. I'm not entirely sure that's the case, but if so I wonder just how severe the problems can be to use that method. Whether that's true or not, it's always better to have the option to do a restore from a ROM inside the machine that won't need any drivers being loaded or anything. This way if usb, bt, hdd, bd/dvd, or whatever else goes belly up you can still attempt a recovery; they could also make a sort of diag that can test out the different components, so this way if like garyopa was saying BT is bad, you can check and confirm that might be messing up your system.

Sure not all users would take advantage of this, but everyone probably knows at least one person that has sufficient knowledge to use such tools.

2. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      bahahaha. couldnt agree more

3. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

People with permanent bricks can't restore from anything that's the point :p
      A system in a soft brick will just attempt to use what was downloaded from PSN i have no experience or knowledge of a usb restore.
      A 'dual bios' system would go a long way the diagnostic idea is a good one too but where is the point things get too complex?
      I think what's needed is a bios beep code system that plays thriller when things are really f***ed

4. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

HUH!? My pc just went "beep beep" you must share this thriller hack with me I would screw up my pc on purpose just to listen to it LOL!

I believe that most of the time there is a way around things. The times when I thought I had bricked one of my previous phones (HTC Wizard) were not few, and in the end some patience always helped me bring it back from mobile heaven.

I don't believe diags have to be too complicated, there will always be people that find it complicated of course.... you know the same people that find connecting a BT headset to a mobile difficult, or changing resolutions on a computer, but most people with some basic reading skills and a bit of valor will have no problems using the tools.

5. 1,316
      GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Did you also know that Micro$oft is still beta-testing it's 360 to almost 27 million people aswell, so far not so good with failures...