hit tracker

Sony Plans to Make UMD Games Available to PS Vita

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Oct 11, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Oct 11, 2011 at 7:32 PM
  1. 25,272
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    How? That is good question, but Sony announced plans to do so in Japan

[​IMG]

It is anyone quess, on how it will happen, most say trade-in via selected retailers to get coupon code to download the game from PSN at reduced prices

Well reports are coming on the 'net today that Sony execs. had a meeting with retailers in Japan and they told them their is plans to support previous owners with UMD discs once they make the jump and purchased a new shiny PS-Vita that only supports "cartridge games" along with "digital downloads"

I really doubt this will happen, Sony say the same thing with the PSP-GO before and even after launch, and nothing ever happen, and still has not, if this "trade-in" program finally does appear, will they be kind enough to let the PSP-GO owners stuck with have an out-dated machine take part in this program also finally.

And second what about this 20mb download limit that been confirmed for 3G on the PS Vita, so you be forced to do the d/l via USB on the PC or Wi-Fi then instead?

And thirdly, this might work in Japan with retailers, but come to North America, most retailers would turned their noses up at you, unless you have find your original paper slip of purchase sale, and how many of those for those UMD discs you have still are also intact and readable.

NEWS SOURCES: Geek.Pikimal and EuroGamer

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 230
      SuperCaculo

SuperCaculo Loyal Member

Ninja spy
      yeah let me get this straight. i buy a umd for psp. play it and give it back and sony will For a special price re sell the old game to me in a digital form. thanks but no thanks this is why i buy use games and return them before 7 days to get my money back. if i need to re-buy the game to finish it will do the same. not giving companies like this one cent other than to buy the console. but the games i play them for free till the industry falls flat to the ground.

2. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      well i still have a lumines umd, but the pandora team rendered it useless then sony did the same to the psp, i wanted games not firmware updates.

3. 25,272
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      Well Sony already stated the PS-Vita will have lower amount of 'firmware updates' compared to their current platforms, we still if they hold true on that statement also.

Sony is like a guy running for president, they will do everything, say everything, and then do nothing after you vote for them!

4. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

It is a good idea. An umd reader throught usb cord.

5. 230
      SuperCaculo

SuperCaculo Loyal Member

Ninja spy

I miss the last two years of psone and the and the live of ps2. those were the good days. what happened to you SONY?

6. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      lol and sony said they would continue to support other os and look how much their word meant there;)

7. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

A "special price"? The only special price I'd be interested in is free! If not, I'm not interested. Don't act like you are hooking me up by letting me play my UMDs on the Vita. You are double dipping plain and simple. Don't sugar coat it. If the price for these digital downloads isn't free, I'll stick to running backup ISOs on my PSP and maintaining the excellent condition of my purchased UMDs.