hit tracker

Sony: PS3 will pass Xbox 360, MS messed up their chance

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 3, 2010.

By Zeus on Feb 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    Sony has revealed that they are supremely confident that their PS3 system will surpass the Xbox 360. Moreover, they believe that MS effectively messed up their chances to 'sprint ahead' with the console war. A fair reflection?

<blockquote>Sony's senior VP of marketing and PSN boss Peter Dille says they're closing in fast on Microsoft and the Xbox 360; won't need 10 years.

While not predicting anything, says Dille, "we'll pass them" and adds Microsoft missed their opportunity to "sprint as far ahead" as possible.

"I'm confident we'll be around in 10 years and I can say that because we've done it twice. PS3 will be around in 10 years and probably much longer than that," said Dille in an interview with IGN, asked if PS3 will overtake Xbox 360 sales.</blockquote>

News Source: <A href="http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/6870/sony-is-breathing-down-microsofts-neck-ps3-to-pass-xbox-360" target="_Blank">SI</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Actually wasnt "forward compatability" a big buzzword around the time of the 360 launch that we all laughed about?

As for sony's support after a new console...

Hyperion officially licenses the sega genesis tech and sells both handheld and plug in genesis compatable systems. Sega's licensing it so I guess based on the seemingly low standard of selling hardware...Sega is still supporting a 20 year old console??

2. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

I believe your right about that.
      http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/3rd_generation_Xbox/4902.html

That seems more like the Genesis is keeping Sega on life support than the other way around. haha. Poor Sega. At least there's some good games starting to come out of them now, even if they're just published.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    3. 1,199
      DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

Rofl.

Attempt to hijack thread;

I finally crumbled and purchased ME2, even though I can't get the DLC.. and JR style "BOHMAGAWD" the intro was intense. I didn't realise how much emotion I invested in the first game, each snippet of my old team teasing like some kind of forest nymph. The atmosphere is absolutely incredible, the combat extremely well refined compared to ME1. The planet scanning though... possibly even more tedious than driving around looking for rocks for hours, at least you had the view then. Tis hard to talk about it without revealing spoilers, just because the story is the most important thing in this game. :D

4. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

Bioware certainly stripped down the RPG in ME2. Many people are wondering what they plan to do with ME3. You get used to the planet scanning. I recommend getting the improved scanner asap. It also gets easier since there's no shortage of "Rich" planets to exploit later on.

5. 1,199
      DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

Hehe. That was the first upgrade I 'researched'. I like the stripped down RPG elements, so far, as it means I'm using other squad members instead of reverting back to those with Max First Aid/Electronics. The atmosphere is incredible, the only other game I can think of that comes close is Fallout 3. One minor annoyance is the galaxy map music, I tended to fall asleep at at the GM on ME1 and I did the same thing with ME2 last night.

lol @ me. Haven't been this excited by a game in a long, long time.

6. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

I refer to the galaxy map music the way I used to describe Pink Floyd as "gettin' high music." :D

7. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Well I finally picked it up today, i'll skip the gettin high part but love PF so the music will be fine with me. :) Now all I gotta do is pry dragon age out of my 360 first. I hadnt purchased a 360 game since odst, but the past couple weeks have been killing me....Bayonetta, DA, ME2 and soon BS2...oh well at least the lul in good 360 titles let me get caught up on the PS3. :)

8. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

anyone beat me2 yet ? i don't think i'm too far off but kinda.

*spoilers*

i'm finishing up others sidequests an then i'm goin for thr iff module or whatever it's called.

i can play this game for hours.

9. 1,199
      DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

I'm about half way through my second play now and I held out on getting the IFF the first time too. Don't. Do it ASAP. That's all I can say without revealing too much. :D

EDIT: Have now finished both Paragon/Renegade, just need to go through with a female char now. I feel like I've had a dirty weekend though, lol, can't believe I managed to clear both. The import feature was a bit pointless (if you played through every poss scenario in the first), although I haven't played it on insanity when I'm guessing the extra cred/resources come in handy. At least it'll have some replay value when I finally get back on XBL.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2010