hit tracker

Stargate 3DS DS Mode not working. (Please Help)

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Yggdra92, Jan 8, 2018.

1. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

Hello I recently recieved the Stargate 3DS and was having problems getting the card to work in general but I had resolved half of it due to an SD formatting problem. Now my only problem is getting DS Mode to work. I am able to turn the cartridge into DS Mode and 3DS Mode and load 3DS games perfectly but when I try to use DS Mode it tries to boot the cartridge as if it were trying to boot the actual ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER game and the screen appears very glitched out. I was wondering if there is a fix to this and it would be greatly appreciated for some help or info.

My 3DS is on CFW running the latest Luma 9.0 and latest FW 11.6.0

I may provide more information upon request if needed.

2. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

I've read other posts stating that the Stargate card has compatibility issues with CFW. They suggest uninstalling it

Yggdra92 likes this.
  3. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

I found the answer i was looking for. Thank you.

4. 11
    AaronMakDonald

AaronMakDonald Loyal Member

So did you have to uninstall the CFW to get it working? Wouldn't that uninstall homebrew and all the applications download through it? I'm only asking because it sounds like you have to choose between playing DS games or homebrew games like old emulators.

5. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

Personally I did not uninstall cfw but yes to play ds mode on the Stargate you will have to uninstall cfw but as for homebrew and etc you will have to manually remove all that from the sd card. I believe that this may only be temporary because this is such a new product and the team working on this can bring ds mode functionality to luma cfw. I bought this product to help out a friend adding cfw to their 3ds. So i can live with or without this feature right now.

6. 11
    AaronMakDonald

Yeah you're right. Maybe I'll just keep cfw on my sd card and wait for them to patch it so it'll run ds mode as well.
    Just to make sure though, you're saying I can uninstall cfw from my sd and still keep the apps I got off homebrew? Because mainly I'm just trying to keep my homebrew emulators and have DS mode working too. If I can do that then I don't mind getting rid of cfw.

7. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

The CFW/exploit is installed directly onto the system itself. Only the homebrew and applications are installed onto the sd card. You will have to follow the guide here: https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw , to uninstall cfw from the system. Also the main page of 3ds.guide is the official and best way to install cfw onto you 3ds. Yes you can run homebrew without cfw. Not sure what the best exploits and methods are these days for explicitly running homebrew but there are tons of resources out there.

8. 11
    AaronMakDonald

I unstalled cfw and everythings working again. Can enter ds mode and still got my homebrew apps :)

9. 11
    AaronMakDonald

Actually I cant open any of my homebrew apps. It's telling me to redownload them...

10. 11
    AaronMakDonald

So uninstalling cfw does make all the apps and homebrew downloads stop working? I followed the guide and now all my apps homebrew, fbi and homebrew downloads etc. won't launch anymore. Is it possible to uninstall cfw and still have apps downloaded through homebrew usable?

11. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

Yes cfw is the only way to make those apps work via cia format you need to use a method from this site: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ , to use homebrew without having cfw. You will not be able to run homebrew applications directly from the home menu without cfw, otherwise you will need to use the homebrew launcher with one of the exploit from the link i have provided here. You can find all other info about anything 3ds hacks related at https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/ .

12. 11
    AaronMakDonald

Thanks for the link. It looks like I can get with two different games there with my version. Unfortunately I do not own them. I'd rather not spend $65 on a ds game just to exploit after spending so much on this flash cart. I may just wait for them to patch Stargate to work with cfw is ds mode.
    I know I'm grasping at straws here but I wouldn't be able to run the exploit on a rom would I? I doubt it but I had to ask lol.

13. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

Yes you may run the exploit from 3ds game backups on the stargate

14. 11
    AaronMakDonald

Actually my roomate has OoT so I'm good to go :)

15. 11
    AaronMakDonald

So I know I can exploit it with Oot and there's a link for some files to download but no instructions. I don't suppose you could help me could you? I downloaded this: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases but I'm not totally sure what to do with it. I have the homebrew starter kit on my sd but am not sure what else to do. I'll keep looking for a tutorial online for now.

16. 11
    AaronMakDonald

Yeah I won't be able to find an exploit at the moment. Freakyhax and cubichax won't work because the QR codes don't work for some reason, I'm not sure why. And I need powersaves for oot3dhax so until I can get that, I'll have to go without homebrew unless i reinstall cfw. Thanks for the help though.

17. 1
    msx

msx Loyal Member

Aaron, the easier thing to access homebrew, its apps and emus etc. would be either freakyhax (Freakyforms deluxe) or ninjax (cubic ninja). What’s interesting is that those works even if you load the game from the Stargate instead of a traditional cartridge ;). Tested both on three different units (new 3ds, new 3ds XL, 2ds) and they worked every time. Give them a try.

18. 11
    AaronMakDonald

Neither seemed to work for me for some reason. The qr code image wouldn't show up for freakyhax and I coludn't scan the qr code for ninjax either. Right now I'm waiting on a replacement flash card but I'll try them again when I got it. That's all I can do really do. I thought maybe the exploit wouldn't work because they were with ROMS but it's good to know that that wasn't why.

19. 3
    Raugo

Raugo Loyal Member

20. 11
    AaronMakDonald

So I should be able to run DS mode off the card with this version of Luma? I never had a problem playing 3ds roms but with Luma I can't play old DS roms.