hit tracker

STARGATE 3DS: Easy CFW Install Update and Complete Package v1

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by ub3r1337, May 31, 2018.

By ub3r1337 on May 31, 2018 at 12:01 PM
  1. 129
    ub3r1337

ub3r1337 NFC-Bank Owner MaxConsole Sponsor

Home Page:
    31/05 - More great news today for Stargate 3DS Flashcart owners!
    [​IMG]

A few weeks ago, we released an easy mode for CFW (custom firmware) install for Stargate 3DS. As it was requested by numerous Stargate users.
    That’s it for today, we go back to work for more updates in the future to bring more and more to what is already the best solution for your 3DS: Stargate 3DS!

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.stargate-3ds.com/?p=567

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by ub3r1337, May 31, 2018.

1. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

When I boot into Luma Legacy and save my changes, I can no longer boot into Luma Legacy after that. Not with a button boot or softboot. It just doesn’t work anymore after that. Bug?

Also, can anyone provide me with a guide to setup an emunand with all of these tools? I basically want to have an emunand formated and unlinked from my sysnand and no nnid attached to the emunand too... for cia and homebrew installs and offline gameplay.

2. 187
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

What do you mean it doesn't work anymore? Just like regular Luma, it only brings up the settings menu the first time, unless you hold select (and yes, holding Y + Select should work, since Select is not defined by default). Though regular Luma is already configured, so it will already only show it's settings if you hold Select at boot. It won't show the settings menu on subsequent boots, but it should be working. Load an out-of-region ROM or a game you installed with freeShop. If it runs, the region/signature patching is there.

In all fairness, Legacy is just included for troubleshooting, and things like deliberately booting an EmuNAND that has Menuhax installed for getting to the HB menu faster (granted, it's a mixed bag, you risk the yellow freeze screen for that speed increase, so you might just want to let that older EmuNAND between 9.2 and 10.7 that you're keeping around for the exploits fully boot and then run SoundHax instead). That said, it should be working. It loaded consistently on my systems during testing.

3. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

NM. I just had to switch the chainloader over to it, so that the correct boot keys would work.

4. 1
      DGM

DGM Loyal Member

Followed this steps several times (30-50) and couldn't enter the Install menu, just both black screens:

3. Position the magnet. For the O3DS, the location is just below the B button (or on top of, if your magnet is light enough not to press it down). For an N3DS/N2DS, the proper location is to the right of the Start and Select buttons (put it right between the two, and move it over just far enough that you can hit the buttons). As for the O2DS, it has a sleep switch. Just hold that while you're holding the rest of the buttons.

4. While holding the Select, Start, and X buttons, press the power button. When the light comes on, release everything. If you did it right, you should see the Install menu. Select the "Install CFW" option to install CFW, or the "Power Off" option if you were just testing to see if your cart works.

Any solution? Also, In the README.txt doesn't say anything about flashing ntrboot (https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot) so I just have to follow the .txt steps, right?

If needed, I'm using an Old 2DS (sleep switch) with the 11.5.0-38E version.