hit tracker

Stargate card won't play .3ds files?

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by SolidSnake120, Jan 6, 2018.

1. 2
    SolidSnake120

SolidSnake120 Loyal Member

I just got my Stargate and it will play NDS files and games fine, but won't play or do anything with .3DS files. When I switch to 3DS mode, the sound cuts out for a second but nothing pops up. I've made sure they are all my same region, that they are .3ds files and not .cia files. Not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. 9
    So.CALCat

So.CALCat Loyal Member

Did you format your Mini SD Card to exFAT? That could be the reason on why your not able to play your .3ds games..

If the above fails go ahead and re-install the "3DS DS Menu System Files v1.1" and see if that works...

Good Luck

3. 387
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

It depends on what game. Newest games don't currently work. Bad dumps and multi region aren't supported.

4. 2
    SolidSnake120

SolidSnake120 Loyal Member

I did older games, and was not multi-region. Was Culdcept Revolt and DragonBall Z Extreme Butoden (USA)

5. 42
    b4rtj4h

b4rtj4h Loyal Member

What would that do exactly? 3DS mode is internal on the chip and can only be updated with a firmware update. Something that is still not available.

When no roms are loaded, and it does load .nds files then try this: Go in to .nds mode (press both buttons at the same time) and then press start on the .3ds rom you see in the list. What info can you find there?

6. 34
    ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

If this is an eShop .cia game converted to .3ds, it will be unplayable on Stargate. It has to be an actual cartridge .3ds dump for it to work.

b4rtj4h likes this.
  7. 4
    Garchery

Garchery Loyal Member

As your opinian , if someone what to play XXX.3DS , he must use the real .3ds ? Do you have this kind of nets ? My 3DS is Japan zone...

8. 10
    komatsu

komatsu Loyal Member

if your 3ds is japan zone you must use japan region .3ds files. also make sure no pokemon are on card that will cause other games not to show.

9. 4
    Garchery

Garchery Loyal Member

Pokemon game can cause other games not to show? If I have 2 Pokemon game on the same card , It can't show ? what the f**k thing?