hit tracker

Stargate doesnt support .3DZ Games ??

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Sony98, Jan 12, 2018.

1. 43
    Sony98

Sony98 Loyal Member

Hi community,
    finally, my stargate 3ds and my new 3ds xl arrived today.
    but it looked like my old gateway micro sd, where every rom is located doesnt work on stargate flashcard. the card can recognize some of my games, but not every one.
    so i formatted the micro sd card new in exfat, put the sg_system and _ds_menu.dat files on it and hyrule warriors legends.3dz

the ds menu works, but the 3ds game is a "unknown file". thats what the menu sayed.
    so i now renamed it to .3ds and it worked. But my save games still dont work, i think i have to convert them.

do you know stargate 3ds has .3dz file support or online support in future ?
    that would be very nice.

2. 25,001
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Rename them to .3ds and they will work.

3. 43
    Sony98

Sony98 Loyal Member

They are working, but it is possible to play online with .3ds roms regarding the header ?
    I thought just .3dz are able to play online with.

But thats not the biggest problem. Are Gateway saves compatible ? on non-online games i tried to rename the gateway .sav files and copied them to stargate micro sd. Ingame the saves are corrupted and i have no idea which reason this has.

4. 34
    ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

Yes. How do we fix this .3dz to .3ds save issue with Stargate? I've posted to several other forums in here on this issue, but still no reply.

5. 43
    Sony98

Sony98 Loyal Member

hmm... i think its the same problem regarding sky3ds and gateway users.
    on gateway the savegames are encrypted, on sky3ds the savegames are decrypted or the other way around.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

i didnt test it yet. i now installed b9s with lumacfw and many other homebrew, there is now a new problem that the stargate nds menu doesnt work. i hope they fix this in an update.

6. 34
    ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

I can confirm that a highly modified version of this tutorial can, in fact, convert your Gateway (.3dz and .3ds) saves over to Stargate. To process is far more tedious and time consuming than what the above link suggests. It took many hours to do this for Stargate, and that was only to convert 5 or 6 saves. It also took two 3DS consoles to do this. One with system firmware (for Stargate) and the other on emunand to extract the saves off of Gateway at first. Then you have to convert the system to ntrboot and update it to the matching firmware that the first (Stargate) console has. Then you have to reinstall SaveDataFiler onto ntrboot console in order to load that Gateway saves individually onto the Stargate card. Took me almost all day to do this. So, if you only have a handful of saves that you're trying to move over to Stargate, it's easier to just replay those games from the beginning and have fun doing it that way instead.

On a side note: using Stargate to install nrtboot is super easy with this card!

GaryOPA likes this.
  7. 2
    baraka73

baraka73 Loyal Member

Hi All!
    How can i run decrypted 3ds ROMS on Stargate 3DS flashcard?

8. 34
    ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

You can't. Only clean .3ds cartridge dumps work on Stargate, but this could change with a later update to Stargate's firmware.

9. 2
    baraka73

baraka73 Loyal Member

OK! Can i convert from decrypted 3ds rom to 'clean'? (any reverse xorpad solution)

10. 43
    Sony98

Sony98 Loyal Member

so, i now got run my gateway Emunand on a user patched 11.6 Version. Gateway multi rom menu and all games works.
    i tried now first to export the save game from hyrule warriors legends.3dz. Done. now i took the stargate and take it into 3ds. i noticed: freaking stargate still dont recognize .3dz games, so i renamed hyrule warriors legend to .3ds.
    Then i importet the save data to CTR Card. But it doesnt work. it dont work if i import it back for gateway usage. also renaming to rom name and put it on stargate sd card doesnt work. sooo.... currently i dont know further. just the problem with .3ds and .3dz.