hit tracker

Still no 'GW' in Settings on 8.1J n3DS 3.1.1

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by petch, Mar 19, 2015.

1. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

Confirmed I'm using the 3.1.1 launcher with an md5 check. I've tried formatting emunand twice. Still no 'GW3DS 8.1' in system settings.

Was the bug actually fixed in 3.1.1 or not? I'm using the original 4GB mSD card.

2. 4
    babesp

babesp Loyal Member

my console is 8.1 as well and I have got the same problem :((((. Have you reported it to the gateway team?
    feeling so sad right now.

3. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    8.1 on Japanese consoles is confirmed to cause problems when you do not update emuNAND to the latest firmware version.

4. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

Yes... but this particular issue was supposedly addressed in 3.1.1

5. 4
    babesp

babesp Loyal Member

The problem is we cant even turn our console into Emunand mode, thus we cant update it.

6. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

We can, it's just a little more risky due to not being able to tell whether or not you're in emunand or not whilst in system settings.

I've now updated the emunand of my 8.1J console to 9.5. To ensure I wasn't in sysnand I created emunand, unlinked sys/emunand by formatting sysnand, setting 3 fake connections up, then in emunand creating a real connection to my router.

That way even if I was accidentally in sysnand and tried to update, it wouldn't be able to connect. Still, it's not nice without the GW3D text next to the version number.

7. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Well, yes, but it was solved for systems that didn't cause any problems (9.0 or above). 8.1J still causes problems, as you can see for yourself.

Yes, it really is no nice thing for now. As you already said, you CAN go into emuNAND, you just cannot use the multi-rom menu or see the GW3D in front of it as long as you do not update your system. It's a stupid situation that, as you already said, cannot be solved nicely. Hopefully, Gateway solves this issue, too, and you are fine with the next 3.1.2