hit tracker

Strange language screen NDS mode

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Lushiro, Jan 8, 2018.

1. 4
    Lushiro

Lushiro Loyal Member

Hi everyone I have run into a strange language screen as I try to load into nds mode when initiating the Stargate, it's pixeled then it goes black. I have all the necessary files (plus followed the instructions) and tried clicking the buttons, restarting the 3ds, removing/inserting the Stargate, nothing changes, any help appreciated! :)

KIMG0085[1].jpg KIMG0086[1].jpg

2. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

Ok so I have this exact same problem. my question is are you on CFW?

3. 4
    Lushiro

Lushiro Loyal Member

Yes.

4. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

I recently posted my issue shortly before your post. I have viewed a review on youtube that was saying this is completely incompatible with CFW but i believe hes only half right because i am able to run 3DS games no problem but otherwise DS Mode is not working for me neither. i had other issues due to the way my SD card was formatted but i resolved that.

Here is my post: http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/stargate-3ds-ds-mode-not-working-please-help.46326/

Here is their review:

5. 4
    Lushiro

Lushiro Loyal Member

"The problem with running CFW on the New 3DS is that it makes the Stargate 3DS’ DS mode incompatible with the console and it will display garbled screens on both the upper and lower screens, asking the user to select a language. This is not normal operation of the DS mode on this flash cart. CFW is not currently officially supported by the Stargate 3DS and different CFW versions may have different results. If you already have CFW on your system and need to uninstall it, use the B9S-Uninstall script after launching Godmode9."

Got this from here: http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/updated-official-maxconsole-stargate-3ds-review.46139/

6. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

Awesome. Glad to know that this was clarified in the review. I wish I had caught that before. At least it may be possible for them to add CFW support in the future.

7. 4
    Lushiro

Lushiro Loyal Member

Are you going to uninstall your CW? I wonder how long it will take the Stargate team to update the firmware for compatibility, I'm sure they are receiving complaints about this issue. :/

8. 14
    Yggdra92

Yggdra92 Loyal Member

I'm not going to uninstall for now. I'm fine with waiting but the process with uninstalling cfw and reinstalling is made so much easier now with the stargate

9. 1
    Augusto

Augusto Loyal Member

me too
    Good card concept but it needs more mature firmware

10. 25,644
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    They been working on the firmware update since the first reviews, and recently been talking directly to the author of Luma CFW to solve all the compatibility issues, soon hopefully in couple of weeks, it will be available on their site to download the new SG firmware.

Sony98 likes this.