hit tracker

Stuck on Connect Portal Screen

Discussion in 'Official 'MaxLander' Support Forum' started by compyman20037, Nov 15, 2015.

1. 10
    compyman20037

compyman20037 Loyal Member

I recently purchased a MaxLander and was going about testing it out tonight to see if I could get my Skylander to backup and restore onto the tokens I have. I downloaded all the necessary files I need and have everything setup. I opened the MaxLander v1.42 program after installing it on my PC and connect up my Portal to the computer via USB.

It acts like it sees the portal but can't find the drivers. After finally getting the drivers recognized it just keeps me on the screen where it can't seem to find the portal when its plugged in. I did try a different USB cable and different USB ports on my PC but the program refuses to see the portal.

The blue light on the portal does light up but not sure what that is and if I put my finger on the portal it causes the blue light to shine bright. Does this need to be run from a USB 2.0 port or will a USB 3.0 port work too?

Thanks,

compyman20037

2. 132
    Maxiam

Maxiam Maxconsole Forum Sponsor Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxlander.com
    OK, It's seems a broken fw on maxlander due to unknow reason, if you connect maxlander to PC but get no recognized and blue light on then please contact to seller for relpacement of maxlander.

Maxiam

3. 10
    compyman20037

The MaxLander has a firmware that needs to be updated? How long does it take for the firmware to be updated on the portal? Thank you for the information I will reach out to my seller I bought the MaxLander from and see if I can get a replacement.

4. 10
    cypher007

cypher007 Loyal Member

I had this. I think I plugged the maxlander in first before installing the software. so windows installed some generic drivers I think. have a look under device manager for anything near the top of the tree, cant remember what it called it. anyway I deleted it then scanned for changes it then installed, and when I ran maxlander the first thing it did was update the portal firmware, after that all was good.

5. 9
    aaarone

aaarone Loyal Member

I'm in the same situation...
    I recieve the pack (in a not-perfect condition, the package was a little bit pressed), I've connect the Maxlander by USB to my PC and... Windows search drivers (without results) and after...
    If I run the software (V 1.42) the portal don't result connected!!!
    I write one email and send info from a maxlander web portal but... no one answer, someone can help me please?

6. 10
    compyman20037

I sent mine back into MaxLander to get a replacement from them. It has been a while now since I have sent it back to them but still waiting I believe they got what I sent back in. Sometimes when e-mailing them it may take a day or two to hear back from them. Shipping back to them does take some time, but they are easy to work with you and quick to respond. I'm hoping that I will get my replacement here soon so I can experience the full use of the MaxLander

7. 9
    aaarone

aaarone Loyal Member

ouch... bad story... did you sent it back? And what about the shipping cost?
    Woah... will be a long story...

Anyway... can you write here any news about your experience?

8. 10
    XiT13

XiT13 Loyal Member

I too have the same exact issue with my Maxlander. I hope to get a response from them soon, so I know where to send it in for repairs. Emailed about a week ago with nothing yet.

9. 132
    Maxiam

Home Page:
    who did you contact to?

10. 10
    compyman20037

I still haven't seen my replacement come back yet but I'm not sure they received my bad portal yet.
    The shipping cost for me was about 1/2 the price of the portal itself to send back. Hopefully they have sent mine back to me and will show up soon so I can test things out further and actually get a chance to play and try out Skylanders

11. 10
    compyman20037

Last I heard from them before the Chinese new year they finally got my defective portal after taking 2-3 months for it to arrive. They have it at their factory to work on fixing it and sending me a new replacement. I hope that all is working and they are able to get one sent out sooner then later and not be drawn out longer then it needs to be.

12. 9
    aaarone

aaarone Loyal Member

I've write many e-mail after my expedition... and I NEVER recieve an answer!!!
    I'm starting to think about a BIG FRAUD :-(
    No answer... no info at all...

I'LL NOT RECCOMEND TO BUY THIS DEVICE!!!

13. 132
    Maxiam

Home Page:
    Hi Guys,

If you have any problem about no respond for faulty return/order, please PM me with all information (order number. date...etc), I will try to contact to Team Maxlander to fix the matter.

For your information, team maxlander doesn't own the resellers including maxlander.net.

Maxiam

XiT13 likes this.
  14. 10
    XiT13

XiT13 Loyal Member

I finally received a response back early January, and had shipped off my broken maxlander to them in China.
    I still haven't received word about if they actually received it, repaired it/replaced it, or have shipped it back to me.

I assume it's never going to get repaired.
    I just wish there was better communication from their sales/support staff.

Considered it a write-off, I probably will never see it again.

15. 10
    compyman20037

I know how you feel it was a good solid couple of months but thanks to Maxiam he was finally able to get in touch with people and get everything straightened out. Make sure to keep your tracking number for your Maxlander you shipped back to them

I got my working portal a couple days ago and they had already updated mine to the latest firmware for me which was nice. I wish overall that they would do better about communicating with the customers and not being so distant and non responsive.

Maxiam likes this.
  16. 10
    XiT13

XiT13 Loyal Member

So happy to hear "Someone" got a replacement.

Still no response for me, as the norm.

Hopefully something ... anything ... would be nice.
    It's been 4 months now since I shipped off my faulty Maxlander Portal to China for a replacement/fix.

I PM'd Maxiam, and he said he'd forward off the info. That was awhile ago.
    Thanks Maxiam for your efforts nevertheless.

17. 2
    alexfleanorre

alexfleanorre Loyal Member

Signed up for this forum just to post that I'm experiencing this exact same problem. Plugged in the USB device, Windows installed some drivers, and then I launched Maxlander, which it said installed some portal firmware. Now the blue light on the device comes on when I plug it in the PC, but the software (1.42) won't recognize it at all. Super frustrating. Was very excited to give this thing a whirl.

Maxiam, save me! ;)

(But really, I need help.)

18. 10
    XiT13

XiT13 Loyal Member

After several months, I finally received my replacement Maxlander Portal.
    Plugged it in, and it works as it's supposed to.
    I thought I would never see the day.
    I still never received any communication from their support.
    Glad it worked out in the long run.
    Keep up hope for anyone else that shipped theirs off.