hit tracker

Summer Lesson is the scariest VR experience I’ve ever had

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 24, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Sep 24, 2017 at 6:47 PM
  1. 25,394
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    This is the definition of too close for comfort
    [​IMG]

We have reported on 'Summer Lesson' a few times since its original launch for the PlayStation VR in Japan, and the latest chapter what is basically an high-tech VR demo by Sony, takes a turn towards the 'creepy horror' side, and it really freaked out one reviewer from PolyGon that had a chance to play it during the recent Tokyo Game Show 2017 that took place last week in Japan.
    What do you think about the overall 'Summer Lesson' chapters, have you tried them out on the PlayStation VR and do you think they will ever get ported over to the Western World, or is American video gamers just not ready to experience this type of Japanese genre.
    NEWS SOURCE: Summer Lesson is the scariest VR experience I’ve ever had (via) PolyGon

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 24, 2017.

1. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

I kind of wonder what was so scary about it. Is it supposed to be a horror game or what? From the comments on Polygon, it gives me the impression that it's mostly just SJW bullshit. For instance they said in a comment on the article that the girl was clearly made to be objectified and that made them uncomfortable. I'll give them that the character is pretty. However it's not like she's dressed like a hooker or something. Her attire is really quite modest. So all you have is the face and maybe the natural curves that a young woman like that would have at that age. But nothing in particular seems sexualized so it kind of makes me wonder just how much this journalist. They said they could handle shooting a gun in VR, but it's not like that's particularly special, and Polygon is also the site that put out the atrocious video of a guy making that one VR game sound so depressing. There was a great video that showed the differences between Polygon and somebody who's able to have some fun.