hit tracker

SuperCard Guide: Getting started and more!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by FifthE1ement, Sep 30, 2006.

1. 0
    adomar832

adomar832 Guest

Thnx alot fifth it realy helped i was wondering about Adatas card quality thnx again bb for now

2. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

So has anyone purchased a Supercard combo or built your own recently? Im shopping around, and curious if anyone found a good deal.

3. 128
    jdtsm22

jdtsm22 Loyal Member

Thanks for taking the time

Just wanted to post and say thanks to Fifth for taking the time to put together the FAQ's. They're very helpful for those of us new to the DS mod scene trying to get up and running.

Just got my Supercard Lite & Superkey combo from realhotstuff and I'm very pleased with the results.

4. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  5. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

The SCLite Rumble has no GBA Support and the normal SCLite have it.
    Should be do something with the needed space for those rumble generating components...

6. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

Ahh, no wonder the rumble is cheaper. Not worth having rumble to miss other features.

7. 351
    Omegatron

Omegatron Loyal Member

Hey...I know that this is is a little out of place here, but, I don't see a better place to put it.

Can we please get a sticky thread that is just for SD cards. Where ppl in a professional manner can post their read/write times and random access times. I check this site every night and more and more i see myself skimming over the same couple of questions...I know its not too much to expect ppl to read the whole getting started thread, but it just isnt happening. We would need someone to moderate the thread, and only allow posts to be made in a specific format such as...

Name: A-Data Super Series Micro SD
    Model: AMCS01GZZZBK
    Read: XXXX
    Write: XXXX
    Random: XXXX

Also it would be nice if ppl would run the benchmark 3 times to check for variation. HDTACH is a great program to bench mark the drives and can be obtained for free by following this link http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach#

8. 0
    paki

paki Guest

i'm pretty sure i've said this before.. but great guide :). I'm hoping to have something similar to this done in a website format.. trying to get a decent supercard web page set up @ http://www.supercardinfo.com :). If its alright with you can I put up a link from the site to this thread, so people can get a good guide while i'm in the process of writing my own?

9. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

You can link to both of my guides if you like. Also, its best not to load your website up with big watermarks all over your pictures. Its very tacky and makes the pictures very hard to see and focus on. Great job on the design and information though!

FifthE1ement :cool:

10. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

I AGREE! Sites like that put me off and I never go back.

It makes no sense to put watermarks on pics like this
    [​IMG]

If you HAVE TO showt that a photo came from your site, put your site info on the bottom corner in small enough font that wont distract from the picture.

Like this
    [​IMG]

Nice site design btw, did you use a pre-made template? I like the 3D look of the cart on the right.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  11. 0
    paki

paki Guest

good point on the watermarks.. its still a work in progress so i just threw it up like that ATM. i'll change it to the 2nd suggestion posted above :).. much nicer looking than my setup currently lol

i used a pre-made template, but the logo is completely done by me (except the background grayish). also did a few refining things here and there

the only reason i'm watermarking is to make sure that if any of the pictures are hot-linked.. people know who the bandwith is being charged to :)

gcmonkey.. what font is that? looks like times new roman just smaller and italicized.. i like the look it gives

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  12. 341
    chinese_fury

chinese_fury Loyal Member

Great job on your site. I would agree about changing the watermarks on the pics so that it doesn't distract your view.

13. 0
    tabs

tabs Guest

Nice site, freaking joomla! :D

14. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

arial italic.

After posting my question about the template, I saw that you are using Joomla. Ive never used it before, but have tried Mambo. How easy is it to use? WHat do you use to customize the theme? Thats one of the things I didnt like about Mambo style site was the lack of tools to customize.

15. 0
    paki

paki Guest

well the way most Joomla templates are.. they use a CSS file (or 2) and they have an index.php file. This specific template uses the same structure.. but instead of using CSS for layout it uses tables.. so the index.php file becomes the structure of the entire site while the css just defines the colors and images to use. Its real easy to set up.. and you can make a template in a program like Dreamweaver or Fireworks if you wanted to. Just gotta know how to break it up once you have it setup and what variables to put where :)

The Joomla i'm using is 1.0.11.. its similar to Mambo but branches off a little bit. The latest version (1.5) is still in its alpha/beta stages.. but its got the exact same functionality. the code is rewritten for 1.5 allowing for more expansion and easier templating (from what i've heard)

16. 0
    paki

paki Guest

alright.. finally fixed the watermarking issue. time to work on a little bit more of the content. Added the link to this thread for Fifth's guide as well

thanks everyone for your compliments :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2006
  17. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

Looks good. Man, I gotta order my Supercard :p

I keep putting it off.

18. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

19. 0
    paki

paki Guest

you don't need to flash your DS.. but if you want to sell off your superkey then you can flash it and then get rid of the superkey. Basically the Superkey is a hardware bypass.. while the firmware replacement is a software bypass. both work well :)

20. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

I see. How much faster is when you flash your DS? I would rather not flash the DS, in case I have to send it in for warranty.\

I read on this link that an un-patched firmware DS can be infected with malware. Is this still true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uy28iIn6Lc

xanadu69 (2 months ago)
    The best reason to flash your DS is to protect yourself against malware. There have already been TWO malware programs in the DS world, both which **** up your DS, your flash card, or both. If you don't flash and use something like a Supercard to run malware homebrew, you are NOT protected. A flashed DS cannot be destroyed by malware - an unflashed one can.