hit tracker

SuperCard Guide: Getting started and more!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by FifthE1ement, Sep 30, 2006.

1. 0
    Jepp

Jepp Guest

Wassup Guys?
    Sorry for digging out an old thread, but i stumbed upon this via Google, i was searching for how to use the "Enable GBA Union" feature in the Supercard program. I have a little question that I hope somebody can answer:
    The Manual posted on Page 1 says that you have to rename the GBA Rom to match the NDS Rom, thats no problem. But what the hell about the saves? I want to keep my GBA Save AND my NDS Save on the cart... cause right now i have this on my flashcart:
    NDSHarvestMoon.gba [which is actually the GBA game]
    NDSHarvestMoon.dsq [the nds rom, as converted]
    NDSHarvestMoon.sav [For the NDS one]

However, how to put the gba save on it now? Because the NDSHarvestMoon.sav name is already used.... And no i dont want to use .sci save states because they wouldnt get recognised by the GBA-NDS Union feature because that is supposed to read out of the gba .sav too if you can follow me.

So Long

2. 0
    FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement Guest

Sorry Jepp no flashcart at this time supports the saves. However, with Pokemon I believe there is a patcher that will combine your save back into the ROM so that you can use them. Hmm, I'll have to look for the link again.

FifthE1ement :cool:

3. 341
    chinese_fury

chinese_fury Loyal Member

FifthE1ement,

You are a Supercard god. Thanks for all your hard work on the excellant guides that you made.

SUPERCARD 4 LIFE

4. 0
    Jepp

Jepp Guest

Sir, this would be great indeed.
    Since the pokemon releases are comin soon for the usa... :D

5. 0
    *legend*

*legend* Guest

6. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

about RTC what i have read:
    -Yes it's true that the Supercards doesn't have this feature

...but there should be a patch for those games (e.g. some pokemon gba game) to enable (at your will) those RTC depending events.

7. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

8. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

RTC = Real Time Clock

and i don't know exactly which games need 'em but i've read about a Pokemon game (don't know the esact name) and the RTC is a GBA only feature which where the GBA handheld device are equipped with.

...And those games have some timed events that only happens on a specific time, like those events on Dungeon Keeper (PC game) where you e.g. have less costs for creatures on midnight ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2006
  9. 88
    gcmonkey

gcmonkey Loyal Member

Isnt the clock on the NDS firmware?

10. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

The NDS has itself a built-in clock device but the GBA games (maybe only the roms) have no access to that.

But i've read in another forum that the M3 should have a RTC feature.

11. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

@Fifth: Some little advice to your great guide ... there are some 'mistakes' in your guide on the key combo section that were on the last page.

for GBA games there is a 3rd key combo:
    return 2 Supercard menu: L+R+SELECT+START

and the NDS key combo for returning to the Supercard menu doesn't need the SELECT button, it's only that one:
    return 2 Supercard menu: L+R+A+B+X+Y

:)

12. 7
    changis

changis Loyal Member

A shot in the dark...

is it possible to flash the rumble supercard (lite) with the normal supercard bios to get GBA support? (at the cost of the rumble function)

13. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

I don't know but i would think if it could be that a firmware change enables GBA support, they would have left the GBA support still in the SCLiteRumble.

But therefore i think they have ripped off some components for GBA support to have enough room for the rumble feature...

14. 7
    changis

changis Loyal Member

ok..

well, the shot missed :rolleyes:
    anyway, a rumble function that you can apply to the buttons makes the DS into a 6 button Vibrator...:mad:

Is it possible to use it with rumble enabled games:confused: (where the games control the vibrator, not you pressing a pre-assigned button.....)

15. 0
    *legend*

*legend* Guest

well , Do you mean that NDS roms dont need this feature ?
    If yes , I think this feature is not that much usefull
    Thx

16. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

Because that the RTC feature is from the GBA handeld ... the NDS won't have them :rolleyes:

And the NDS rom also uses the clock (Brain Age, Club house games) but they named that not as RTC and i don't know if there also some NDS games with time specific events ... because the two that i named uses the clock only for connecting test results with the date or only for displaying.

17. 0
    *legend*

*legend* Guest

thx taster ^_^
    OK , I have more questions for you ( I think you become bored when no body ask you here :p ) Lol

Why to buy SC Lite over M3 Lite ?
    ---
    does SC eats the battery life ?
    ---
    What homebrews do you use ?
    ---
    Is it easy to recognize your files in SC ? or can I drag/drop files and it be recognized automatically ?
    ---
    how are you now ? :p

thx dear :)

18. 0
    tester800

tester800 Guest

Why to buy SC Lite over M3 Lite ?
    -M3 should have a save system which requires a restart
    -M3 must botted to GBA or NDS mode (i only heard about it...)
    -M3 should have a clunky and slow menu, with my Supercard i'm in a game within 8sec! ;)
    (i never had a M3 product but that are the infos and facts from 5th's guide which would bothering me if i would have a M3)
    ---
    does SC eats the battery life ?
    I've never tested but i heard about 15min up to 50min less battary time as without.
    The only thing that i could say is that with the 4th level of brightness i can play NDS games approx. 5h long...
    ---
    What homebrews do you use ?
    -Alite
    -ScummVMDS
    -ComicBookDS1.0
    -DSOrganize2.25
    -moonshell1.41
    -Ti85 emulator
    -DSDoom
    ---
    Is it easy to recognize your files in SC ? or can I drag/drop files and it be recognized automatically ?
    -every known file type by the SC is display as a text line (like windows explorer, but without any icon)
    -and i've seperate my files into seperate folders ... gba,nds and homebrew
    -...drag/drop: simply do copying your patched files on a memory card and put them in and play, it doesn't matter where the files are located on the card ... the only 2 things that must be: FAT16 format and don't modify the file extension, otherwise the SC won't detect the files :D
    ---

19. 0
    *legend*

*legend* Guest

oh thanks bro : )
    this info is very usefull to me

so what about the SC Lite rumble ? is there any differences ? ( ignoring GBAroms support )

20. 59
    kiruyama

kiruyama Loyal Member

Wow, the guide was fantastic. I can't explain how much you've helped, I'll be getting a supercard for sure now. However, I have one question:

Is the max media launcher a compatible nopass device with a supercard lite/rumble?

regardless, you're guides on DS homebrew have helped immensely.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2006