hit tracker

SuperCard Guide: Getting started and more!

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by FifthE1ement, Sep 30, 2006.

1. 1,274
    prankster

prankster Loyal Member

Industrial Spraypainter
    Hi, I was reading your thread HERE

I have tried a couple of times to obtain this guide as I have just purchased a Supercard and would like to read up on it.

Your site moddz is constantly down for me, would you consider uploading a mirror for your guide?
    I tried registering at moddz but to no avail.

Thanks,
    prankz

2. 28
    Nishua

Nishua Loyal Member

Need Help ?

I'm following this guide and I'm stuck on the first step. For some reason I'm booting up my brand new (red) DS that I purchase yesterday holding down the right and left triggers but the supercard lite isn't initiating the self-test.

Also, I'm new to this should I use Flashme whatever that is? I've modded a PSP before but never a DS.

What is all this slot 1 vs slot 2 talk ?

No offense man but you gotta be a little be more detail with that guide. Its poorly written.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  3. 28
    Nishua

Nishua Loyal Member

I found out that I needed the Superkey in this whole time. Wasn't mentioned in the guide so I felt it out just following instruction. I tried to a load a game and for some reason all it did was show a random amount of numbers that kept going up and down and like this 389402084/4086 <--- the number to the right didn't change at all. Any clues?

This happened when I tried to load a game from the Supercard.

Another question I had was when I run the self-test when it goes to testing the SD/MMC it tells me SD/MMC ok!
    not find test file is that normal ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  4. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

Anyone got a mirror for the latest one? I know it's out of date, but it would be good to have the latest version nonetheless, and I really don't feel like registering for yet another site just to grab it.

5. 4
    gkm24

gkm24 Loyal Member

How do I download the supercard file

Every tim i click on the download, a page comes up telling me I'm not registered but here I am posting a message. Could someone send it to me please at : [email protected]

6. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

7. 4
    gkm24

gkm24 Loyal Member

many thanks for the reply. I downloaded it now...However I have 1 problem. I got everything to work but have not updated the Firmware, which is something I would like to do. I downloaded the firmware to the sd card which appears on the sd card as a winrar looking file. How do I then update the Firmware as it does not come up on the screen. I read that it would come up in the list of games and to select it but this does not happen. Any help greatly appreciated.......OK its sorted, I opened the file and saved it to the sd card and then it loaded like a game.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  8. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

So you got the firmware update working fine then?

9. 1
    huppakee

huppakee Loyal Member

chinese to english

i bought an chinese ds one card... :)
    i have to run chinese firmware with it [english doenst work]:mad:

is there a way to run the normal english firmware? :confused:

No Find Chinese Ver!
    Please turn off NDS

it sais

pls help!

10. 6
    gotham cyclone

gotham cyclone Loyal Member

there is no longer a file to download :(

11. 4
    CompCrash

CompCrash Loyal Member

I can't find patching list. The site you have for the DS Roms patching list is gone. Anyway I can get it?

12. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

Check my post, I have a mirror link available.

CompCrash, this guide is useless to you because you have a Supercard DS. With the SCDS, all patching is done on the DS itself, not with PC patching software.

13. 2
    The Lacemaker

The Lacemaker Loyal Member

Underpaid Record Shop Assistant
    Hi, I'm having some trouble with my Supercard CF. Basically, since I upgraded the firmware, some DS games cannot function, even ones that worked before the firmware upgrade but not after. GBA games work fine and only a few select DS games can work. The DS games that no longer work I've noticed are the older DS games [though I'm not entirely sure of that, just an observation]. Then agaim, some of the DS's first games still work such as Mario Kart or Trauma Center.

Ever since I upgraded the firmware, and that was over a half year ago, I've had these problems. I've owned this Supercard for around 3 years already and never had many problems until the upgrade. The menu works fine but when you try and load one of the DS games that don't work it'll load as normal and then both screens will go white. Some of them also have one black, one white and some go all black. I can't seem to figure out why some games work and some don't. The GBA roms haven't been affected at all. One possibility I considered was that I might've skipped a firmware update and went straight to the newest one. I'm not sure if I did because it was such a long time ago. Are these the normal symptoms if you skip a firmware?

I've been thinking of downgrading it but after searching for a long time on the net I've seen a lot of cases of people downgrading and then bricking their DS. So my question is, if you think the problem is because I skipped a firmware update, how do you safely downgrade the firmware without bricking it? To which version should I downgrade to and would this solve my problem? Btw I don't use this Supercard for homebrewing or anything, just simply playing ROMs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
  14. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

The answer is likely a lot simpler than you might imagine. When you upgraded the firmware, did you re-patch your games with the newest patching software? Only upgrading one of the two will cause incompatibilities as you've seen. My suggestion would be to get the latest versions of both the firmware and patching software from the Supercard website and install and use those. Note that this means you will have to have the clean DS roms to work with, as you can't patch already-patched roms.

15. 2
    The Lacemaker

The Lacemaker Loyal Member

Underpaid Record Shop Assistant
    Wow, is that the problem? A few weeks ago I downloaded the newest Super Card patching software [V2.9] and I'm positive the firmware is the latest, V1.85 after checkinbg it on the DS [On + L + R right?]. I still can't seem to get any of the games to work after patching the ROM files. All of the new ROMs that I've downloaded have not worked. I haven't tried re-patching the older games that no longer work but I'll try that now. I have all the newest upgrades in software and firmware but I still can't get it to function. Do you think something went wrong when installing the upgrades? Should I try installing them again?

By the way, when you say 'already patched roms', does that include the *.nds files that you extract from the ZIP files or do you mean solely the converted *.nsq files that are put in the Out folder after being patched by the software?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  16. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

By "already-patched" I mean solely the *.dsq files the patcher outputs.

Hm, that's strange. If you get the latest firmware and repatch your games with the latest software, you shouldn't be having too many incompatibilities. When you do the self-test with L+R do you get any errors other than the harmless "not find test file" error?

A few things you could try:
    1. Make certain that you've got the right patcher software, for non-Rumble carts.
    2. Patch regular *.nds files that aren't zipped.
    3. Don't output directly to your memory card. Output to your hard drive first and manually copy over.
    4. Copy the data off your card to your computer, reformat, copy back on.

If none of those work, then I'm out of ideas.

17. 5
    wesley123

wesley123 Loyal Member

got a problem

hey i got a problem i got super card ds one if i turn the ds on the screen turns black how to resolve this

18. 1
    blitzered

blitzered Loyal Member

I have a pretty major issue with my SuperCard DSOne SDHC.

After playing some Suikoden for a bit I did a quick save and turned off my NDS. When I went back to play about 20 minutes later I had the following occur...

Unknown SD Format! Please restart NDS!

I tried a couple of times and a few times I was able to boot to the OS, but when I went to load any game it white screened and after a few seconds said no SD card found.

Doing a test I got error: 0004.

I tried formatting my card and had zero luck. (Used the panasonic formatter)

Any thoughts on ways I can get this fixed or what is causing the problem?

I am able to use the microSD card just fine still, reads ok, formats ok, stores ok.

Thanks!

19. 7
    macflames

macflames Loyal Member

Hey, i have a ds lite with Supercard lite, i got this guide already but its out of date and the patching site dont work, not to mention im having trouble patching some of the newer games, is there a new site?

20. 10
    Ryuzashi

Ryuzashi Loyal Member

Thx for the guide xD