hit tracker

Thank You Devs

Discussion in 'PS3 Gaming & General Discussion' started by nextbike, Jul 13, 2012.

1. 780
    xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://deviant-generation.com/
    Standard Greg rant dude.

Anyways, I'd also like to thank the devs. With the way this scene is on a daily bloody basis with all the trolls/flamers/idiots spouting crap, I wouldn't release/contribute a damn thing. You guys definitely are way more mature then I ever will be. Or rather way less hot headed. So props and remember "HATERS GONNA HATE!" The more hate you get from the loud mouths, the more you know your doing something that is to be praised for!
    Say what you want about EvilSperm, rebug, et all but they have done nothing but support this scene in every way possible. Most likely he lied because of the fact that he didn't feel like hearing the constant drama and constant requests such as "CAN I HAZ RELEASE NOW!" that is prominent in this scene. (plus he didn't want Sony knowing what's going on either.) Fear not, when they are ready to release something, they will. They have never steered us wrong in the past.

Adding to the drama is only going to accomplish one thing and one thing only - make sure none of us will ever have access to new things again. If we keep biting the hands that feed us then we'll never have a developer that will wanna release a damn thing in this scene again.

So ask yourself this "Has Rebug given us countless releases in the past? Do they continue to release updates and support the end users when they create/update something?" If you answered "Yes" to both of those - then you have every reason to chill out, wait for a release, and be grateful and no reason to continue with the drama that is going on. (You shouldn't have said no to either of these.)
    Exactly, considering all the damn drama/trolling/etc that has arisen since the rumor came out, why on earth wouldn't he lie? Hell he could have been way more blunt and told all of us to screw off you'll see it when and if it's done and if you don't like it - screw off. I can count on one hand (with MAYBE a few additional fingers) how many GOOD devs still remain in this scene. And it seems every few months we even find reasons to sit there and throw drama their way. Dean has had drama thrown his way about supposedly "selling out" which is complete BS and now this....

Instead of instantly going off, think more rationally and maybe you will understand his reasoning behind this. I know I sure do. I said them above.
    What do you mean what happened to Gdrive? As far as I know he's still here. So unless something went down very recently, which I doubt, he's probably just taking a break m8. gDrive is the last person I'd see doing anything that would cause him to be banned, removed from his position, etc. Hell he's the one that usually keeps me inline lol.

PS: Considering where EvilSperm posted his replies at - do you blame him for copping an attitude? I sure as heck don't.

EDIT: Ahh lol it says he's banned. If I recall correctly he put that there himself. Either that or he had one of the mods do it. He does that sometimes. I don't see anywhere where he was banned so considering he has the ability to change his title, don't worry about it unless he's off for awhile. Korn hasn't said anything to me about it and he hasn't said anything to me about it on my forum so he's not banned. It's just a title changed that I remember him doing himself or getting one of the mods/admins to do it as a joke. So no worries there. Unless like I said, something serious went down in the last 24/48 hours. Which I doubt happened considering gDrive is as level headed as they come. Like I said, he keeps me inline lol.

2. 163
    Yuu

Yuu Loyal Member

I completely agree with what you have said :).

October is coming up, anyone know which dev's bday is coming up or rather falls under the Libra sign :D?

Lets try to thank the devs each day of October and so on to show how much we appreciate (whether past or present bad experience has effected us all).

Kindly leave a comment in the Member/MOD of the month thread (linked in my sig) if you can :), last comment ironically was gDrive and i miss him alot. It is funny as i know when you are not around too..."sigh" getting emotional now......."clears throat" lol

3. 438
    nextbike

nextbike Loyal Member

4. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/
    My last birthday was on the last binary date in our life time (11.11.11) which also matches PS3 official release date (11.11) :) but I got no thanks :) I'll wait for the november 'thanks' which is under Scorpio :) (j/k)

5. 163
    Yuu

Yuu Loyal Member

Honestly i was just finding out who is a libra like myself (except am no dev) but i will remember your bday :) and what a coincidence that it falls like that. I think there are big plans for you and mM when the next gen system hits ....

<3

6. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

i agree that the Devs should receive more praise. but doesn't it get condescending after awhile when it is basically the same people who is doing the thanking?

too many people just take everything for granted. and are more than happy to start hating. when dean updated mm to fix a bug with that red power thing. people started hating and making up conspiracy theories. even tho he said he has not got to test it yet.

dean must be the most patient and understanding man alive after all the grief he receives and continues to stay. ( I even bothered him recently in IRC not to long ago. )

btw Happy late Birthday :)

7. 339
    amp2006

amp2006 Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

fighting ISIS alongside with Peshmerge
    Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    at lest he got lucky with his birthday.lol

anyway i think its better for all of us to stay away from drama and focus on the PS3 Scene .and help our Devs to do their job .

i wish one day will come and see all PS3 Dev working together .

and i also Thanks all Devs and Contributors and all other without Them my PS3 would be working now .lol

8. 734
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Loyal Member

thank you to the king of the PS3 BM scene, just when you think it can't get any better it does :)

9. 281
    Bootlegninja

Bootlegninja Retired Grumpy Bastard Loyal Member

Making people miserable
    I'm one that doesn't want stones cast at the devs unless it's illegal and morally wrong. Without the devs, people like me, (who can't code a hello world to save my soul) is about the only way I'm going to get a homerew program of any kind.

10. 777
    TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://exconvict.org
  11. 73
    evilsperm

evilsperm Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    https://rebug.me
  12. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

Lol

you are the target of alot of people, I have heard the conspiracy that you are part of the n0drm group. paranoia. I thought it might even be true until I started to think what is the point. I thought that was tony's news.

i am glad you responded. i wish you devs would post more and discuss with us more, but I understand why that does not happen. what ever you guys says gets dissected and made into something more. It happens with Dean, and it happens with you.

I like the conspiracy that the inner circle controls everything because I think that you guys don't really talk and share with other devs as much as everyone thinks. if anything I wish you guys did work together more. some interesting projects.

Anyway man, what ever you are working on , I hope everything works out on it. and thanks for sticking around.
    And I don't think that all the haters realize if they run you and others off. they are just hurting themselves and others. But you can't defend you guys without being called a kiss ass. which sucks. :(

PS.
    Stop shitting in the shower. :)

13. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

The two guys with N0DRM dont go by evilsperm or cyberskunk but I wont say what they do go by as not to have their work interfered with also I don't give a shit thats phantomshitters job.

14. 5
    TheGhost

TheGhost Loyal Member

So why can't we just call by gones and release stuff already?!!! Why does this always have to be a soap opera all the time.....its not like this is government top secret information here.

15. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

have you thought it is not released because its not done yet? it may not be super top secret info but it still does not entitle you or me to it.

16. 5
    TheGhost

TheGhost Loyal Member

You're right, and yes I have considered that, I was really just talking in general.... Devs always have to start giving little sneak peeks to what will be released, but then they get all defensive for some reason and its always a crazy drama for no particular reason and its like jumping through hoops before we even see anything from them. And again, I'm not pointing at anyone in particular, just stating the obvious. Just like this Red Power/BlueDisk, they go telling us all this stuff about what their new CFW can do and then days later screw us all by saying they're selling a useless dongle.....why not just release it....?!......we never cared about paying for a dongle, and I figured they would be smart enough to realize that.....it just upset a huge amount of people following the scene, they could have just released it already instead of making this a waiting game for something that considerate devs are going to try and crack the moment it's released.

....and to relinquish my post; you say we are not entitled to it, then why do they release any news about it to begin with?......it's just straight-up for bragging rights!?-- it's childish if you ask me.....so believe me, if I had the capabilities to do anything I would release the moment I had something rather then tease the entire scene with useless information.

17. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    I wouldn't be surprised if you get over-excited like a teenage Japanese schoolgirl on your birthday when you check the time and it says :p:

[​IMG]

Anyway, I'll send you an eCard later on in the year, now that you've mentioned your birthday, and the good thing is that it's easier to remember than my birthday! :p

18. 21
    Pdscoelho

Pdscoelho Loyal Member

Thanks to all the Devs for their hard work!

19. 87
    NeilJames

NeilJames Loyal Member

With all the recent goodies for all us end-users, I'd like to say thanks to ALL involved.

20. 87
    NeilJames

NeilJames Loyal Member

Happy Birthday DeanK! Thanks for all the hardwork and help over these years Deank! multiMAN is the staple of this ps3 scene, thanks for it all!!! Have a good Bday, cheers!

Neiljames