hit tracker

The Influence of Mobile Gaming on Higher Education

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by Emma Rundle, Mar 10, 2020.

By Emma Rundle on Mar 10, 2020 at 5:39 PM
  1. 51
    Emma Rundle

Emma Rundle Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

Blogger
    Home Page:
    https://www.MaxConsole.com
    Education is important. In fact, it is the most important factor that determines our success in life. From the moment we were born, we were educated by our parents. When we got into the academic system, a different type of education begun. By the time we’ve reached college and university, our mindset and attitude towards life were mostly formed.
    [​IMG]
    Nowadays, we’re dealing with a lot of influences that can define the quality of our learning experience. One of those influences is mobile gaming.

To learn means to acquire new information, new skills, new perspectives, and so on. To be a great learner means to constantly build new stepping stones and to constantly work on improving yourself as an individual.

To learn faster and better, you should always look for useful tools and resources that can speed up the process.

In today’s post, we’re going to explore the influence of mobile gaming on education and decide whether mobile games represent an advantage or a disadvantage in your self-development journey.

They Help You Relax

Learning to detach from stress, worries, and responsibilities during college is an essential skill and resource that every student should cultivate.

Mobile games represent a simple and straightforward way to relax and stop worrying. Games have the role of improving your mood and giving you a great experience. If you find a few interesting games, you’ll be able to immediately switch to “relax” mode and take it easy.

Better Decision-Making

Studies from Topics Mill suggest that students who play mobile games perform better when it comes to making quick and effective decisions. The reason is quite obvious – games are fast-paced and require a great deal of concentration and focus.

Most mobile games presume quick and smart decisions that will lead you further into the game. The decision-making muscle is constantly getting trained, so when you’ll have to make decisions in real life, it will feel like play!

Improves Your Cognitive Skills

As I was managing the best team of essay writing service in the UK, I had the pleasure of working with different students. Few of these students used to play mobile games throughout their breaks and every time they had free time. What I’ve noticed is that those students were also my best performers.

That made me very curious so I’ve started to study the connection between mobile games and our cognitive performances. After going through several studies, I’ve concluded that mobile games are boosting your memory, focus, concentration, and willpower. In short, they’re a great tool for improving your learning capacities.

They Build Social Communities

There are various different mobile games that allow you to build new connections with other people across the world. Mini-communities are being formed and you can interact and exchange ideas with all sorts of people.

Finding interesting connections is simple because the persons who play the same games as you are definitely having something in common with you.

Games Can Become a Distraction

As a downside, mobile games can start to become a problem if they become a distraction. Regardless of your objectives and responsibilities, you should always focus on what’s important rather than what’s more urgent or pleasurable.

Playing mobile games instead of reading is a common choice among younger students who don’t understand why they’re learning in the first place.

As a student that’s part of the higher educational system, you should learn to prioritize important tasks. That means you should never allow mobile games to negatively influence your learning experience.

Games Can Often Get Addictive

Lastly yet very importantly, games can become addictive. There are many younger students who play games all day in order to escape their present reality. They love playing mobile games more than anything else, and that becomes a huge problem for their personal development.

As long as games are tools, everything is fine. When you become a tool, something’s wrong. For that reason, the gaming behavior of a student should always be kept under control.

Takeaways

I will let you decide whether mobile games are a big plus to your learning experience or a minus. As I’ve already mentioned, every person learns differently and is being influenced by different stimuli in different ways.

Since mobile gaming is here to stay and advance, you can stay in touch with the latest releases and find useful games that can help you improve specific aspects of your personality, mindset, or skills.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
Mobile Gamer
Emma Rundle is an enthusiastic writer, gamer, and blogger. She’s currently writing different case studies and essays that explore the link between mobile gaming and students. In her free time, she’s helping different non-profit organizations with various tasks. She has three dogs, four cats, and one supportive husband that is also her work colleague.

Comments

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by Emma Rundle, Mar 10, 2020.